We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

this show

rexkiddo2008

[1]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 8
    i'm a 17 year old guy and i think this show is hilarious. i never heard of it until my 8 year old sister was talking about watching a show where some girls where talking about their sister having diaherria[horrible spelling] in a restaurant. and i was like wtf? so i watched it and laughed and laughed. and now i watch it with my sister regulary but i have to ask, is this show really appropriate for little kids. i mean they kick eachother in the crotch and the content is pretty racey for cartoonnetwork kids.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

slayr98

[2]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 5

Good to hear you like the show. Its fine for kids to watch, just make sure you tell her never to impersonate anything she watches on the show or on TV for that matter. A lot of parents just use the TV as a baby sitter and when there kids see guns being shot and all the violence there's no one there to help them make that distinction between whats right and wrong.

rexkiddo2008

[3]Aug 24, 2008
    slayr98 wrote:

Good to hear you like the show. Its fine for kids to watch, just make sure you tell her never to impersonate anything she watches on the show or on TV for that matter. A lot of parents just use the TV as a baby sitter and when there kids see guns being shot and all the violence there's no one there to help them make that distinction between whats right and wrong.

no shes a smart girl. and she completely loves the show

TDI4ever94

[4]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 3
    He's not calling her stupid, just saying she may imitate things she sees. All kids do it, it's how anyone learns to speak. They hear their parents and start imitating it.

robotcfan1

[5]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 11
    its rated TV-PG.its people like u that complain which makes the bleeped out stuff not on the show

slayr98

[6]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 5

I didn't call anyone dumb it's just that there are a whole lot of misinformed kids and teenagers. You can read about some pretty dumb sh*t a younger person did in the newspaper everyday.

Edited on 08/24/2008 8:55pm

Kristy101

[7]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 15
    I got my sister into this show as well, she is the same age as me,but she hates cartoons.

I wouldn't worry about TDI being bad for your sister, in the generation we live in now this show is considered nothing compared to the other things in the world. If the crazy people at Cartoon Network who love to make sure their shows are 100% kid safe put it on, then it means there is nothing too life changing that your sister could see while watching it.

MonsterCreature

[8]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    your right,parents do use the tv as a baby sitter,and when something does happen the complain to the network because they can't take care of their kids,tv is an excuse for some peoples negligents

rexkiddo2008

[9]Aug 25, 2008

robotcfan1 wrote:
    its rated TV-PG.its people like u that complain which makes the bleeped out stuff not on the show

people like me. i was wondering not saying its inappropriate. its different if kids hear stuff from their parents than from a cartoon. i was trying to mention that some of the humor is a little subject.

Brodoin15

[10]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 20
    slayr98 wrote:

I didn't call anyone dumb it's just that there are a whole lot of misinformed kids and teenagers. You can read about some pretty dumb sh*t a younger person did in the newspaper everyday.

That's very true. In fact, remember the Columbine High School massacre? (Look it up on wikipedia if you don't)

The violent movies, music, and video games cause them to try it out, even though it was probably aided with a little crazyness.

They even made a user-made level of their school on the game Doom.

rexkiddo2008

[11]Aug 25, 2008
    Brodoin15 wrote:
    slayr98 wrote:

That's very true. In fact, remember the Columbine High School massacre? (Look it up on wikipedia if you don't)

The violent movies, music, and video games cause them to try it out, even though it was probably aided with a little crazyness.

They even made a user-made level of their school on the game Doom.

the only thing i can see little kids copying from this show is the theme song. i only thought the humor was more teen related

alagaesian

[12]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 12
    I'd say it's safe for kids. You wouldn't believe how much stuff got censored when they brung the show to America. The only thing that might be weird is the next episode, but considering how touchy they've been, it will probably be okay.