We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

TDA Vs. TDWT

What sequel season did you like more?

brekclub85

[1]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 4

After thinking about it for a bit, I decided what each season did better than the other.

What TDA did better than WT: The elimination order. With the exception of Owen coming back and being annoying, TDA did the elimination order mostly right by having all the non-merge making contestants of TDI make the merge here.

Duncan-He was more likable here than in season 3, and it's not just the love triangle thing.

Variety-For the most part, the movie genres had enough differences whereas near the end of World Tour the locations seemed to get bland and lose variety.

What World Tour did better than TDA: The Comedy-I laughed a lot in some of the episodes.

The villain-Alejandro is much better than TDA Courtney because the plot wasn't only about him and Heather. TDA started going downhill for me after the third aftermath when it became just "Characters try to beat Courtney, she gains invincibility."

Characters having plot-Similar to my point on Courtney earlier, the cast of season 3 had more to do and had individual storylines.

I vote for TDWT as the better follow up season. However, had the elimination order of WT been changed so Owen went home in London and Courtney in Australia (Allowing Noah and Gwen to make it to the merge), I think it would've been better than TDI.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Taylorg8

[2]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 13

TDWT is better than TDA. Here is why...

TDWT had more people. Which means more elimination episodes. TDA barely had any elimination episodes! So it wasn't as interesting... Every other episode was a reward challenge. I also agree TDA had a better elimination order though. TDWTmade me laugh more.TDI is better than both though. I'd rank them 1.TDI 2.TDWT 3.TDA.

I choose TDWT over TDA.

iamtunk

[3]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 13
    TDWT. Had Noah, Cody, and Tyler.

Finally gave Heather a love interest (even if I prefer her with Noah or Cody)

awesome choice for a winner.

Heather lasted longer and it focused on her more.

doguineta

[4]Dec 24, 2010
    • level: 20
    TDWT all the way!

It was funnier, picked better characters, and every one had sth going on around him/her. Although the elimination was rather predictable and many people deserved to last longer that they did (Noah, Izzy, Lindsay, HArold, Tyler, etc...)

lastmarshmallow

[5]Dec 27, 2010
    • level: 4

brekclub85 wrote:

After thinking about it for a bit, I decided what each season did better than the other.

What TDA did better than WT: The elimination order. With the exception of Owen coming back and being annoying, TDA did the elimination order mostly right by having all the non-merge making contestants of TDI make the merge here.

Agreed. All of the characters that needed to make the merge in TDA did while, in TDWT, Noah and Tyler kind of got left out in the cold. TDA also had the only elimination in the series that surprised me (Justin's). Though, to be fair, I would've been surprised by Cody's WT elimination too had I not decided to spoil myself silly.

brekclub85 wrote:
    Duncan-He was more likable here than in season 3, and it's not just the love triangle thing.

I couldn't disagree more. In both TDI and TDWT, Duncan came off as a jerk that also had a softer side. In TDA, this softer side did not exist. Sure, I voted for him anyway, but still...

brekclub85 wrote:
    Variety-For the most part, the movie genres had enough differences whereas near the end of World Tour the locations seemed to get bland and lose variety.

I admit that Sweden and China seemed like rehashes of the Yukon and Japan, but TDA really wasn't any better in this regard. The writers just seemed to run out of ideas for movie genres after the merge. The space movie was a rehash of the alien movie and most of the original concepts were just...bad. Fairy Tale movie? Animal Buddy flick? Really?

brekclub85 wrote:
    What World Tour did better than TDA: The Comedy-I laughed a lot in some of the episodes.

I don't usually laugh out loud at any show that I watch by myself. TDWT is an exception.

brekclub85 wrote:
    The villain-Alejandro is much better than TDA Courtney because the plot wasn't only about him and Heather. TDA started going downhill for me after the third aftermath when it became just "Characters try to beat Courtney, she gains invincibility."

Agreed again. The best part about Alejandro is that he only won invincibility ONCE but still beat out Heather and Courtney in their respective seasons.

brekclub85 wrote:
    Characters having plot-Similar to my point on Courtney earlier, the cast of season 3 had more to do and had individual storylines.

Very much so. In fact, I think TDWT beat out even TDI in this department.

brekclub85 wrote:
    I vote for TDWT as the better follow up season. However, had the elimination order of WT been changed so Owen went home in London and Courtney in Australia (Allowing Noah and Gwen to make it to the merge), I think it would've been better than TDI.

No love for Tyler?

Anyway, I would say that TDWT is a little better than TDI, but a lot better than TDA.

stephdumas

[6]Dec 28, 2010
    • level: 10

brekclub85 wrote:

+1, I agree about Owen return, in fact someone else (Noah, Tyler, Trent, Cody) would had been more interesting.

:

Good point and also the moment when he and Heather was forced to kiss each other was priceless

:

They could had used some variants like Courtney being saved from elemination thanks to someone else mistake. Duncan mentionned he was angry toward Harold because he founded he was the one who switched the votes in TDA. Strange they didn't bring that one for a later episode. I wonder what could had happened if Heather had stayed a longer run in TDA and LeShawna got voted off earlier?

:

+1 although I think Bridgette was voted off too early in the game and Tyler could had went home in London as well.

AlexandrosMar1

[7]Jul 9, 2012
    • level: 6

Here are reasons why I like TDWT over TDA.

1) Alejandro is the better antagonist (aside from Heather, who won that season).

2) Duncan quits the show in the first episode of TDWT.

3) It's nice to have a female winneron "Total Drama", for once.

4) This season winner for TDWT won in her own way, rather than having the victoryheldup by theex-contestants where Owen won TDIwith brownies (courtesy of Izzy and Lindsay), and when Duncan won TDA by vote.

5) Duncan did not appear in nearly every episode all the way to his elimination in Africa (He quit in Egypt, had a cameo in Japan, finally did not make an appearance from episode 4 till episode 13, where he was kidnapped by Gwen and Courtney).

6) Heather is the only contestant to make it to the Final Three again, which is a good thing because people thought the way Duncan made it to the Final Five for the third time (thanks to the CxDxGcapture in London) was dumb.

7) I'm pretty sure the way Heather won TDWT was a good way to end the First Generation of Total Drama (2008-2010).