We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

R.I.P. DXC (For fans of this Shipping)

Who do you blame more for the Breakup?

pixarprincess

[1]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 13

This forum is to commemorate what was probably the best couple on the show. :cries:

Leave favorite quotes, moments, and dedications of Duncan and Courtney, as well as hopes for the future of them, if any. Haters of this shipping KEEP OUT!

It's only been a week but I miss them. Agree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shishkabob999

[2]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 9
    Duncan: "When it comes down to it, I need the money more than I need some high-maitenance chick with a superiority complex".

Yeah, good luck keeping the haters out.

HaydenAvery

[3]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 21
    duncanxheather ftw! sayonara dxc! (laughs evilly)

shishkabob999

[4]Nov 25, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:

Duncan/Heather is amazing.

imverybasic

[5]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 16
    I'm sure that they'll get back together by next season (look at Bridgette and Geoff). But that all depends on whether Courtney decides to cool down or not. I'm betting she will, since Heather did last season.

iamtunk

[6]Nov 25, 2009
    yeah, it's kinda jumping the gun to say it's over with. the girl just needs a reality check.

besides, they're teens. teens break up and get back together all the time.

of course, if you look at it that way, even if they did get back together they probably won't last forever. most people don't end up with their High School sweetheart. (though some do, a very rare case.) Chances are, if this was real life, then probably only one pairing from this show will end up marrying eachother, if that.

nate4123

[7]Nov 25, 2009
    Even if courtney is one of my favorites in TDA, she is the one to blame for the breakup. I understand what Duncan had to face in that 32-page letter and it would be sheer torture if Duncan continued to be Courtney's BF. I think it was a good decision for Duncan to part ways for her and focus on the million bucks.

imverybasic

[8]Nov 25, 2009
    I personally believe that Duncan should have seen this coming a long time ago, and should have broken up with Courtney the first chance he got/had to.

kitendoc

[9]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 25
    ersonally thin that Courtney is to blame. I mean, kicking Duncan, I can understand. But giving him a 32-page letter? That's where I think the relationship came to a crashing end. In my opinion, I couldn't be happier that it's over because it began to feel excrutiatingly painful.

alagaesian

[10]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    Am I the only person here who liked the DC pairing better in season one? At least they had a healthy amount of romance action going on then, even if Coutney didn't last long enough to make the merge.

In season two, I could barely tell any romantic feelings were there at all. Had I started watching the series in TDA, I probably wouldn't have guessed that Courtney kissed Duncan last season. Heck, I might not have even BELIEVED she kissed him. The the couple just looked so cold, separate, and pointless this season.

Perhaps the breakup will sort of revert DC back to its TDI state. That's what I'm hoping, anyways.

iamtunk

[11]Nov 25, 2009
    same here, alagaesian. it just got lame, and Courtney is freaky and controlling. but Bridgette/Geoff was dumb this season too, and they were so cute last season.

in fact, the only couple that didn't really suffer is Lindsay/Tyler, other than the fact they're separated from each other and Izzy/Owen.

alagaesian

[12]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    Eh, personally, I liked the G/B pairing better this season, where they actually DID something.

I don't understand really why they broke up. Courtney abused him all season, and he was STILL very into her. I thought it would take more than the standard Courtney uptight-insanityness to make him have second thoughts.

shishkabob999

[13]Nov 26, 2009
    I think for Duncan, it was that there was now rules to being in a relationship, since the whole time he's been all about breaking them.

PinkEmo01

[14]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 8
    HaydenAvery wrote:

Listen you.
    Your posting the wrong thing in the wrong forum.
    Just make urself a topic about that and don't talk about DXH in here.
    BTW:
    THIS IS A DUNCAN AND COURTNEY TOPIC

I

imverybasic

[15]Nov 26, 2009

alagaesian wrote:
    Am I the only person here who liked the DC pairing better in season one?

No, I agree with you completely. I could see the relationship working better if they were to reunite in season 1 rather than in season 2. Even if Courtney wouldn't have made it much further, she was at least human enough to help jump-start a healthy relationship. Although, the answer as to why this would happen is simple: They would have to be on the same team.

And I also personally believe that the episode was a little to rushed in terms with their relationship. Seeing as Duncan is usually willing to put up with anything Courtney does to him, I would have expected her to do something that was really heinous to him. But on the other hand, since Duncan was so sleep deprived, nothing really happened between the two. He basically vocalized his feelings about her demands and Courtney called the shots from there by breaking up with him. Although, like most teen relationships, them getting back together is probably most likely to happen. I'm sure that Courtney is going to have to work to gain a bit of Duncan's trust again, but I could see them getting back together in an instant.

Edited on 11/26/2009 1:50pm

iamtunk

[16]Nov 26, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    Eh, personally, I liked the G/B pairing better this season, where they actually DID something.

yeah, make-out. lol. Actually, I see what you mean. They had more drama to them what with the Aftermath hosting and Geoff being a jerk and all. but the making-out got annoying and I did not like Geoff being a jerk. The reason I liked B/G last season is because Geoff was so sweet!

Anyway, back to Duncan/Courtney!

timgueguen

[17]Nov 30, 2009
    iamtunk wrote:
    of course, if you look at it that way, even if they did get back together they probably won't last forever. most people don't end up with their High School sweetheart. (though some do, a very rare case.) Chances are, if this was real life, then probably only one pairing from this show will end up marrying eachother, if that.

And its compounded by the fact that the cast come from various places across Canada. So unless they actually do live in the same city Duncan and Courtney would be stuck doing the long distance romance thing, and that's going to be hard for a pair of high school kids.

iamtunk

[18]Nov 30, 2009
    true true! so if you think about it, these relationships are all pretty much doomed to failure.

imverybasic

[19]Dec 1, 2009
    I'm personally not too fond of the teen lovey-dovey stuff portrayed in most shows nowadays. Writers get pleasure out of incorporating teen love stories and then rubbing them in our faces (Kim Posible and Ron Stoppable): It's not enough that we have to contantly relive the kissing and making out, we need to be reminded about it too. I don't know about you, but I find it to be appauling that writers nowadays can't portray a tolerable couple. I think that it's stupid and ridiculous that the fans have to be constantly reminded about most of these teen relationships, considering the fact that they all eventually end disastorously.

iamtunk

[20]Dec 1, 2009
    true. don't get me wrong, I love shipping but now that I'm a little older I find pairings awfully ridiculous sometimes.