We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

New castmates. Your thoughts.

taker65

[1]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 55

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts about the two new characters, Alejandro and Sierra.

I think Alejandro is pure evil. He's like a male Heather and that will soon be his down fall.

Sierra is just an obessive psychopath. I did like that one episode where she gives Cody a foot rub while he's asleep. I also like how she knowns all about Chris' past. It's both funny and creepy at the same time.

What do you think about them?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

imverybasic

[2]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 16

Three words: Just don't/doesn't work.

Alejandro's okay, but Sierra is just not funny. What's with the writers adding psychopaths and pretty boy stereotypes? It's getting old, and quite frankly I'm getting sick of it... these characters just flat-out do not work.

I'm not going to get into details right now, but all I can say is that this season needs fine-tuning. I'm sorry about the negative opinion, but it's just how I feel. The writers should just stick with what they know and that's it. They are trying way too hard on making the show interesting, and it's just not working.

Edited on 07/22/2010 8:40pm

Evening_Haze

[3]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 7

I kind of agree with imverybasic, although I think this season is infinitely better than TDA. Anyway,maybe the writers wanted to add the new characters to give some new twists and a better plot to the show, which I don't blame them for, but I'm kinda ready for Sierra and Alejandro to leave now. The audience is used to the original 22 campers/castmates who've been on the show for two seasons, so we wouldn't really be emotionally attached to these two like we are to everybody else. Maybe, if they were really good characters, but Sierra's gotten kind of old, and unlike Heather who at least has a personality, Alejandro's just kind of... bland. WhatI'm worried about isthat the writers are going to make one of them get into the final 5 or something, which I really don't want! If I were running this show, I'd get rid of both of them before the merge.

Grammar_man

[4]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 2

Evening_Haze wrote:

. The audience is used to the original 22 campers/castmates who've been on the show for two seasons, so we wouldn't really be emotionally attached to these two like we are to everybody else.

Sorry, but this argument doesn't fly.

First of, quite a bunch wasn't reallyin both seasons- except for cameos in the aftermaths. And quite a few got like, 5 episodes total.

Also Ezekiel is a new character completely in personality. Mostly because he didn't get to show anything beyond "Boys>Girls" in season 1.

Noah has been around very very little as well, but is liked for his sarcasm and some hints at being gay for cody(for the shipping crew). He has less personality than either of the new guys. I like the dude, but this is literally his entire personality from what's been on the show.

Nostalgia glasses are on here.

Evening_Haze wrote:

Maybe, if they were really good characters, but Sierra's gotten kind of old, and unlike Heather who at least has a personality, Alejandro's just kind of... bland.

Sierra has a lot more entertainment value than Owen and Bridgette- both characters that get far too much focus.

shishkabob999

[5]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 9
    I actually like Sierra now. Think about it: how many contestants in Total Drama history have manipulated Heather? None. Not even Justin's looks could touch her. Not even Owen's voracious desire for screentime could get her kicked off. And that facade is fooling everyone else, even Alejandro! Sierra is savvy enough, it seems, to play the fool and not reveal all that she knows. While we're not sure how much she is genuinely being manipulated by Alejandro (because she doesn't know him) is questionable, but you have to admit that it's still awesome.

Alejandro isn't too bad. I like that he's actually not this sort of big-bad "arch villain" - in the NY episode, his counter-strategy with Heather seemed more like flirting and playfulness on his part, which could show that he does have fun playing the game, and that I like a lot. Also, you have to admit - he's a better villain than Justin, and he plays the game much better than God-Mode Courtney. A little bit like Russel Hantz for me, but he'll have the same downfall in the end.

Noah and Ezekiel don't really have NO personality; it's that Ezekiel hasn't had the time and Noah isn't the type of person to express it very often. They probably have just as much as Owen, who's been in about ten times the episodes Zeke has, and brings little besides cheerful optimism and fart/fat jokes that only lead to his team losing and someone else (Beth S1, for example, and it's a pretty good bet this will be Noah's fate) being eliminated instead.

iamtunk

[6]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 13
    ^ heh, interesting. Sierra being the one to manipulate Heather...I woulda thought it'd be Alejandro. lol

I thought I would find Sierra annoying. I still do a little bit, but I actually think she's pretty funny. I definitely find her funnier than Izzy...who actually isn't bothering me as much this season as she's had before. So, I kinda like Sierra I guess.

Alejandro's okay. He's kind of interesting. But...I guess I was hoping he'd be much more of a nasty villain than he seems to be. That and I agree with Evening_Haze...his personality is bland. Heather is the best villain ever so far. She was, & is, just awesome.

Overall, I think Alejandro and Sierra are interesting additions to the group.

idk, I think Noah has personality. or, I think he could have a lot more personality than what they're giving him.

I thought I would like TDWT the best...but so far, I think I still like TDI the most. but TDWT > TDA.

HaydenAvery

[8]Jul 23, 2010
    • level: 21
    They are good additions. And if you don't think that, you might as well get used to them. Because they'll be sticking around in season 3 for a long while.

doguineta

[9]Jul 23, 2010
    • level: 20
    I like Sierra, she is very funny IMO. Her intense knowing about Chris' life gives us info too. And Alejandro, well, he was just made to play villain, because they don't have more contestants to turn evil, apart from Heather, Justin and Courtney, who can play bad guy? Duncan? I don't think so.. And I like COurtney like a goody more than a psycho. As for Noah and Zeke? I love them both this season along with Cody and Tyler, they are like a breat of fresh air form the usuals from the show. I am liking this season a lot!

BrainMan820

[10]Jul 24, 2010

Alejandro fulfills a necessary, albeit boring, role. He won't win, he'll make it decently far, but will not win. He'll either be outschemed or ganged up on once it's revealed he's evil.

Sierra is completely boring. Many people knew Heather was evil, they simply lacked the ability to vote her off, when other stuff happened, or she was invincible. Action had her simply working. I don't see her as playing Heather as anything special.

In truth, I would like the finale to be Courtney vs. Tyler. Courtney has abandoned her derailment from Action, and is now back to being simply obsessed with being a leader. Seeing as how Team Amazon is doing well, she's doing well on all the challenges, and having her specifically butt heads with Gwen leads to interesting things. She has the Gwen/Duncan vibe of being on top of things, and extremely capable, yet with her flaws.

As for Tyler, he's the underdog, in every sense of the word. He's the Owen/Beth, the sympathetic player who, unlike the other two, gives it his best, he's simply bad at it. He also lacks Owen's obnoxious characteristics and constant fart/fat jokes, and Beth's stupid geekiness. If you wanted a lovable loser, this is it.

lastmarshmallow

[12]Jul 27, 2010
    • level: 4

lastmarshmallow wrote:

imverybasic wrote:

Three words: Just don't/doesn't work.

Alejandro's okay, but Sierra is just not funny. What's with the writers adding psychopaths and pretty boy stereotypes? It's getting old, and quite frankly I'm getting sick of it... these characters just flat-out do not work.

I'm not going to get into details right now, but all I can say is that this season needs fine-tuning. I'm sorry about the negative opinion, but it's just how I feel. The writers should just stick with what they know and that's it. They are trying way too hard on making the show interesting, and it's just not working.

I personally feel that the new characters blend in perfectly with the original cast, which is surpising since I expected them to stick out like a sore thumb. However, my opinions on the characters themselves are completely opposite. Alejandro is quickly becoming my favorite villain in the series as well as one of my favorite characters overall. Sierra, on the other hand, just plain annoys me.

On an unrelated note, am I the ONLY person that liked TDA better than TDI? It's starting to feel that way...

Edited on 08/18/2010 5:10pm

TVdude3895

[13]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 14

Yes, yes you are.

lastmarshmallow

[14]Aug 2, 2010
    • level: 4

Granted, my opinion may be a bit biased because of CN censoring and the fact that Harold and Duncan are my two favorite characters, but those are far from the only reasons...

Back on topic, I just want to say that getting used to the new characters is pretty much a neccesity if you plan on enjoying TDR.

Edited on 08/18/2010 5:11pm

imverybasic

[15]Aug 2, 2010

I think that the characters will eventually mould into something that I'm already used to. In the meantime, however, I hardly see how Sierra provides purpose to the show. The only way I could see her become significant to the show is if she were to be the first contestant in TDI history to outsmart Heather.

TVdude3895

[16]Aug 2, 2010

imverybasic, you can be surprised with anything that happens in this show, especially Sierra.

imverybasic

[17]Aug 2, 2010

I'm not saying that it's not possible, I'm just saying (like as you just said right now) that I would be surprised if it happened.

TVdude3895

[18]Aug 2, 2010

Well if that happen, we're in some deep....

imverybasic

[19]Aug 10, 2010

Well speaking of Sierra, remember my original theory? Well, I stand by it. I figure that the only way she could eliminate the competition is as follows...

Here are my theories as to what I see happening in the future:

1) Like I stated either here or in another forum, Sierra could become the new villain. Now I'm not exactly banking on this, it's only a possibility. Alejandro may or may not end the series as this season's red-herring. The writers might pull a 'Justin' and have him going home earlier than expected and then have Sierra fill his role.

2) Sierra might become the protagonist. We already know that she's the good guy and while I have doubts that she'll make it further than most of the contestants (only because I'm considering the 'new addition to the show' factor), if she manages to sustain herself well enough, there's a good chance of her making it to the final 2.

3) She could simply be eliminated: she will probably lose a challenge or get voted off from a technicality, and the writers will have reached the end of that rope.

So what do you guys think?