We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

JustinXCourtney or DuncanXCourtney?

Which one do you like?

ultimatekey

[1]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 22

After the new episode of Total Drama Action that aired on Thursday, I was thinking about Justin and Courtney and they seem like a better couple than Duncan and Courtney.

People say they like Duncan and Courtney because "opposites attract". I used to like this couple until I saw the new episode.

What do they have in common:

They both dislike Harold

They both have bad temper

They are both strong

And they dislike Harold

I like Justin and Courtney because Justin is attracted to somebody other than himself and he has been through pain for her. It looks like JustinXBeth wasn't gonna happen after all, but I still the pairing of JustinXCourtney.

What do they have in common:

They are both shallow

Both of them are narcissists (only care about themselves)

Both of them have big egos (egotistical)

Both of them only talk about themselves

They are self-centered

Both of them are selfish

After Justin became attracted to Courtney, I thought they should be a couple. Maybe if they do another special, they should show Courtney getting together with Justin, and Duncan will be jealous and do anything to get her back. He will probably get unexpected help from Harold. Then, Courtney seeing how Duncan will go that far to get her, eventually get back together with Duncan. If they really do this, I want to see a kiss between Justin and Courtney rivght in front of Duncan and it looks like they are making out. Also, I want to see Duncan cry or Duncan threatning Justin. Thats my idea for an episode, if Justin was still in the game, or they could put this in a special.

So yeah, in this thread, you talk about these two couples and your ideas for them (fanfiction or episode)

Have fun!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alagaesian

[2]Oct 17, 2009
    • level: 12
    Meh, I'm a DC fan. I'm irritated with Courtney right now, and I hope she gets her head shaved like Heather, but I still like the couple.

When I saw the sneak peak on CN and noticed the JxC possibility approaching, I sort of formed a picture of what I hoped the episode would be like. Justin chases after Courtney, who is the princess, then wins the challenge (and invincibility) with her. Then, Justin kisses her after Chris announces their victory. Duncan sees, and leaves, right Courtney breaks the kiss and tries to get away from Justin. (She doesn't to be with him because, hello, she's still got the hots for Duncan, but she's not about to admit that!) Duncan gets very depressed, almost to the point of crying. Maybe he unleashes Niagra Falls in the confessional or something... Anyways, Harold tries to sympathize with him, but Duncan is very hurt and tries to take some of this out on Harold. Aka, beating him senseless. Lindsay gets on Courtney's nerves during the challenge in some stupid way, so Courtney and Justin vote for her and threaten Harold to do so as well. Lindsay is eliminated. At the end of the episode, Harold realizes that the only way for Duncan to stop picking on him is to get Courtney and Duncan back together. He spends the next couple episodes trying to heal their broken relationship. Eventually, he convinces Duncan and Courtney work with him to eliminate Justin. We're left with a still somewhat-unstable DxC relationship, a rocky start at friendship between Harold and Duncan, and the returning contestant doing some plot thing with Beth. That gives us enough plot fodder to last us the remainder of the season.

My idea couldn't be farther from what really happened, but it was still a good idea, I think.

By the way, on you're little list for JxC, you effectively have one, singular point: they are both very self-centered. The rest of your points are just a few specific rewordings of this same element. Some other components you could use instead are that they are/were somewhat physically attractive and both value strategy in the game.

saylavee

[3]Oct 18, 2009
    • level: 18
    I love both of your ideas. Combining them would make a great episode. Take alagaesian;s Harold helping Duncan idea and ultimatekey's duncan getting emotional and crying in public idea and just combine bits inbetween, it would make for one awesome episode in my opinion.

I support DxC though. JxC seemed alittle weird and rushed.