We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

How They have Changed: TDI to TDA Personality

kitendoc

[1]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 25

This thread will be discussing on how the castmates have changed personality wise from TDI to TDA. Keep in mind, this is just my personal opinion. Wit that being said, let us begin.

Geoff

TDI: Calm, mellow party dude who is friends to everyone.

TDA: Total jerk and always making out with Bridgette. Redeemed himself in TDA Aftermath 3

Bridgette

TDI: Nice surfer girl who is very friendly and outgoing.

TDA: Always making out with Geoff. 'Nuff said.

Izzy

TDI: Insane girl who is very wild.

TDA: Still the same, but apparently has sort of a split personality (eg. E-Scope, Explosivo)

Trent

TDI: A handsome, reasonable guy who has a cute crush on Gwen.

TDA: A 9 obsessed freak who began to throw challenges for Gwen and became insecure.

Gwen

TDI: A goth girl who is both nice towards her friends, but can be mean to people who try to hurt her friends.

TDA: A goth girl who suddenly lost her edgy goth girl reputation in favor of a wimp who got blackmailed by Justin, threw the challenges, and ended up becoming a pariah in TDA Aftermath 2.

DJ

TDI: A big, nice guy who loves animals.

TDA: Becomes Chef's partner reluctantly and has become too big of a softie.

Owen

TDI: Big, loveable, gassy fat guy who loves to party.

TDA: Still the same, but becomes the mole when he returned to TDA. Not much else.

Heather

TDI: The manipulative antagonist who was basically hated for playing the game.

TDA: Has become slightly better personality-wise, but still has some traces of mean girl left.

LeShawna

TDI: Sassy girl who will protect anyone she considers a friend.

TDA: Still the same, but ended up insulting nearly everybody on the spa.

Justin

TDI: A quiet hunk.

TDA: A "villain" who caused Gwen and Trent to be gone, and ends up becoming a sissy when his face ended up getting bruised.

Lindsay

TDI: A cute, but dumb blonde who was once Heather's ally.

TDA: Still the same, but now BFF's with Beth.

Harold

TDI: A dogged nice guy with hidden talents and ended up getting Courtney voted off.

TDA: The same, but he got his revenge on Duncan before being eliminated.

Courtney

TDI: A smart, but sometimes hard headed CIT.

TDA: A heartless, evil, cruel, coniving, hypocritical villain! She should never have been on TDA in the first place! Sorry, lost it there, but you get the idea.

So, what do you think of this list of how these characters have changed. I was going to add Duncan or Beth, but we all know that Duncan is still the bad boy and Beth has a boyfriend named Brady.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HaydenAvery

[2]Dec 17, 2009
    • level: 21
    i agree on the courtney one.

imverybasic

[3]Dec 17, 2009
    • level: 16

I pretty much agree with everything that is written here, except that any significant change made in these characters are still considered changes.

I think that everybody on the show has had their chance at a uphill or downfall experience during the past two seasons, but I think that if any characters have experienced the most magnific changes, these characters would have to be Lindsay, Beth, Justin and Duncan. I mean, really; anybody could see the error of their ways (in time), throw insults or have moments of being evil, but these four have practically developed new reputations. Lindsay still may be considered as the dumb blonde, but you wouldn't believe that even for a second that someone with her intelligence would suddenly become a leader. And Beth's new status as the protaganist while still trying to maintain the 'average nice girl' status is a pretty big stretch. Justin slowly went from a quiet, humble and sometimes social character to a selfish, over-dramatic spotlight hog. And Duncan... Let's just say that the last few episodes and onwards explains it all. I would also like to add Geoff and Harold to the list, but their changes were too short-lived. Geoff was only over-embracing the spotlight, while Harold just wanted his revenge on Duncan. So, that's pretty much it, but one other thing that I would like to add is concerning the character development in this show and in others: I don't think that the writers should try making more long-term changes to them, rather than making them short-lived.

kitendoc

[4]Dec 17, 2009
    • level: 25
    imverybasic wrote:

I pretty much agree with everything that is written here, except that any significant change made in these characters are still considered changes.

I think that everybody on the show has had their chance at a uphill or downfall experience during the past two seasons, but I think that if any characters have experienced the most magnific changes, these characters would have to be Lindsay, Beth, Justin and Duncan. I mean, really; anybody could see the error of their ways (in time), throw insults or have moments of being evil, but these four have practically developed new reputations. Lindsay still may be considered as the dumb blonde, but you wouldn't believe that even for a second that someone with her intelligence would suddenly become a leader. And Beth's new status as the protaganist while still trying to maintain the 'average nice girl' status is a pretty big stretch. Justin slowly went from a quiet, humble and sometimes social character to a selfish, over-dramatic spotlight hog. And Duncan... Let's just say that the last few episodes and onwards explains it all. I would also like to add Geoff and Harold to the list, but their changes were too short-lived. Geoff was only over-embracing the spotlight, while Harold just wanted his revenge on Duncan. So, that's pretty much it, but one other thing that I would like to add is concerning the character development in this show and in others: I don't think that the writers should try making more long-term changes to them, rather than making them short-lived.

That's a pretty interesting statement you have on the character development on the 4 characters.

imverybasic

[5]Dec 18, 2009
    • level: 16
    Thanks.

Grammar_man

[6]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 2

My small changes to the opening post:

This thread will be discussing on how the castmates have changed personality wise from TDI to TDA. Keep in mind, this is just my personal opinion. Wit that being said, let us begin.

Geoff

TDI: Calm, mellow party dude who is friends to everyone. Can be a jerk at times, and tagged along on bullying streaks.

TDA: Total jerk and always making out with Bridgette. Redeemed himself in TDA Aftermath 3 true.

Bridgette

TDI: Nice surfer girl who is very friendly and outgoing.

TDA: Nice surfer girl who is very friendly and outgoing. Often makes out with Geoff. 'Nuff said.

Izzy

TDI: Insane girl who is very wild.

TDA: Still the same, but apparently has sort of a split personality (eg. E-Scope, Explosivo)

Trent

TDI: A handsome, reasonable guy who has a cute crush on Gwen. A guy with a distinctly bland personality. Was funny because of his butt monkey status(he was accident-prone).

TDA: A 9 obsessed freak who began to throw challenges for Gwen and became insecure. Not nearly as bland, but lost his main thing, the butt monkey status.

Gwen

TDI: A goth girl who is both nice towards her friends, but can be mean to people who try to hurt her friends.

TDA: A goth girl who suddenly lost her edgy goth girl reputation in favor of a wimp who got blackmailed by Justin, threw the challenges, and ended up becoming a pariah in TDA Aftermath 2. Showed her lack of resolve. When Gwen was told she owed the grips, she should just have said no. Her telling on Trent was the right thing to do, but making up for it by doing the exact same thing. Realised that was the wrong thing to do, and voted herself off. No derailment, just development.

DJ

TDI: A big, nice guy who loves animals.

TDA: Becomes Chef's partner reluctantly and has become too big of a softie. What? The only change he went through was being pressganged into an alliance.

Owen

TDI: Big, loveable, gassy fat guy who loves to party.

TDA: Still the same, but becomes the mole when he returned to TDA. Not much else. Finally got at least somewhat interesting as the mole, ridding us of "I'm simply here to fart. FART. NOW LAUGH!"

Heather

TDI: The manipulative antagonist who was basically hated for playing the game.

TDA: Has become slightly better personality-wise, but still has some traces of mean girl left.

LeShawna

TDI: Sassy girl who will protect anyone she considers a friend. Loud-mouthed, rude and overbearing, yet well liked by all but Heather despite not really being that nice.

TDA: Still the same, but ended up insulting nearly everybody on the spa. True

Justin

TDI: A quiet hunk.

TDA: A "villain" who caused Gwen and Trent to be gone, and ends up becoming a sissy when his face ended up getting bruised. Went from relatively boring I LOOK GOOD to a hilarious quasi-badguy that managed to be silly, manipulative, dumb and intelligent. Best character of Season 2.

Lindsay

TDI: A cute, but dumb blonde who was once Heather's ally.

TDA: Still the same, but now BFF's with Beth.

Harold

TDI: A dogged nice guy with hidden talents and ended up getting Courtney voted off.

TDA: The same, but he got his revenge on Duncan before being eliminated.

Courtney

TDI: A smart, but sometimes hard headed CIT. A violent and, bossy condescending bully.

TDA: same as the first season, but now with super skills. WHY HALO THAR JERK SUE.

So, what do you think of this list of how these characters have changed. I was going to add Duncan or Beth, but we all know that Duncan is still the bad boy and Beth has a boyfriend named Brady.

TDIrocks61294

[7]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 7
    I really feel as though most of the characters' personalities took a turn for the worse in TDA. TDI was so much better for all these reasons: Geoff was nice, Courtney wasn't psycho, Trent was normal, Noah, Cody, and Tyler actually spoke; you get the idea.

HaydenAvery

[8]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 21
    Development is needed. And the only change in Courtney I noticed was that she was even worse. Wow, never thought that was possible.

MabinogiFan

[9]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 6
    I'm sure that Courtney will become better in TDM, just like Heather got better in TDA(I think).