We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Good for Harold!!

animatiun_lover

[21]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 2
    BrainMan820 wrote:

animatiun_lover wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    .Honestly, Harold was awesome for everything other then that. He was actually showing to be a really good person until he hurt Duncan, and again when he stabbed him in the back. Neither he nor the pathetic Owen deserve the money, and neither does Beth. I hope this proves to everyone that the only two people worthy of winning are Duncan and Courtney: They are the only two who are straight with people.
    ok are you serious right now? everyone knows that harold likes leshawna and duncan ruined the bonding moment by laughing at harold when he was complimenting her. he had it coming and he knew who much he loved leshawna. your statement is completely invalid. at this point honestly you are justr idding a bandwagon

Do you even know what a bandwagon is? And further, what Duncan said wasn't even an insult: Leshawna doesn't even consider herself delicate. But it goes to show how much people like you will justify anything for your favorite characters.

your one to talk. youre basically doing the exact same thing for courtney. if courtney was doing the things that beth and harold were doing you would say shes playing the game. but when they do it they become awful people who are justified for being liked
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrainMan820

[22]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 16

alagaesian wrote:
    Of course, you could always say that Harold was trying to win the contest, and is therefore free of all charges? Plus, Courtney has done some stuff in the game that is plain immoral and NOT related to winning the game in any way, shape, or form. There is no way she is innocent in this. Duncan too. Beth, she is trying to manipulate Courtney. She's trying to get the upper edge in strategy. And, at least in the confessionals, Beth is straight about the fact that she is forming an alliance and NOT making a friend. Outside of the confessionals, no one is telling the truth. They are both trying to be friendly, but not telling each other that they are attempting at an alliance just to strengthen their game. True, both girls know exactly what the other is doing, but they are still trying to be secretive about their motives. Now that the shock of it all is over, I believe that Harold overreacted a lot. I'm not very proud of what he did. But, I'm willing to forgive him this one time because one, Duncan has given cruel physical abuse to Harold in the past, and two, Harold punched Duncan's lights out partly to win the challenge.

This is a reward challenge: It has nothing to do with winning the game, not to mention they already had a plan that was working for winning this challenge. Further, how exactly does breaking the only alliance you have go towards winning the game. It's clear that Courtney and Harold no longer see eye to eye in regards to voting, and Owen is not set on following it either since he likes everyone. It was a cruel act done of spite.

I'm not saying Courtney is innocent: I'm just saying Harold is not. Neither is Beth. Somehow, everyone is under the impression that they are the good guys. At least there's no Owen love.

BrainMan820

[23]Nov 7, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:
    Harold was just mad that Duncan went out and mocked his girl after they called a truce. This obviously convinced Harold that Duncan is never going to stop. another reminder for brainman are all the crappy pranks Duncan put Harold through for half the episode. those werent strategy at all! just pure torture. he even stated hes now just doing it for his own laugh. courtney has nothing to do with it anymore. why should a bully like Duncan deserve to win?

Because Duncan is the only one who is straight with people. He doesn't try to hide like a coward (like Harold did) neither does he break the rules (like Harold did).

BrainMan820

[24]Nov 7, 2009
    Lionheart08 wrote:

Quite honestly, Harold socking Duncan was a long time coming. I hated the reason for it, with Owen playing the instigator in the situation, but I also don't feel sorry for Duncan Either.

I also noticed that Beth was being bashed for be willing to get into a knife fight with Courtney. Now, correct my memory, but Courtney didn't even object to the idea.

Here's how it happened.

Chef puts knives done.

Courtney asks "What is this, a knifefight?"

Beth states "I'll do it since I'm doing it to Courtney" and grabs a knife.

Courtney grabs a knife and says "Don't pick a fight with me. You'll lose."

As you can see, Courtney is not the instigator. Beth is. Courtney only stated that if Beth tries to get into a knife fight with her, Beth would lose.

BrainMan820

[25]Nov 7, 2009
    animatiun_lover wrote:

BrainMan820 wrote:

Courtney is there to win the prize. That's all. Never once did she ever entertain any contrary notion. Justin filled in his own blanks.

Further, how exactly is Beth the nice one? She steals Courtney's PDA, and is willing to fight her with a knife. Courtney is at least perfectly straight with the concept that she is befriending Beth merely to get into an alliance with her.

And Harold? So Duncan said Leshawna wasn't delicate. That's not even an insult. The two agreed to split the reward, and Harold stabbed him in the back. And you people will say he is good merely because you like him. Pathetic.

ok first of all she did steal it. courtney let her use it. beth thought that the HAD TO do a knife war and she evns aid herself that normally she WOULDNT want to but since it was courtney she doesnt mind(im pretty sure plenty of people agree with her) and just because someone is openly being manipulative doesnt mean they are better thna someone who is trying to cover it up.

as for harold backstabbing duncan he had no intention of doing that until duncan started making fun of his feelings towards leshawna which was caused by owen instigating. youre making it seem liek harold just decided to randomly backstab him for no reason. besides when they were climbing that hill and owen tried to make harold backstab duncan he didnt. but that was BEFORE duncan made fun of leshawna

Please recall the sports movie challenge. Beth clearly stole Courtney's PDA to call her boyfriend when Lindsay was fighting Harold. Nothing to do with the game; Beth clearly knew it belonged to Courtney, and she did it anyway.

And you've proven my point already with the knife fight: Beth wanted to hurt Courtney. That's proactively evil.

So Duncan said Leshawna wasn't delicate. Prove to me that's an insult: Leshawna certainly had no problems being thought of as having an attitude, or being fierce.

And yes, Harold didn't backstab Duncan when Owen asked him too. So what? Harold still did it in the end.

animatiun_lover

[26]Nov 7, 2009
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    animatiun_lover wrote:

BrainMan820 wrote:

Courtney is there to win the prize. That's all. Never once did she ever entertain any contrary notion. Justin filled in his own blanks.

Further, how exactly is Beth the nice one? She steals Courtney's PDA, and is willing to fight her with a knife. Courtney is at least perfectly straight with the concept that she is befriending Beth merely to get into an alliance with her.

And Harold? So Duncan said Leshawna wasn't delicate. That's not even an insult. The two agreed to split the reward, and Harold stabbed him in the back. And you people will say he is good merely because you like him. Pathetic.

ok first of all she did steal it. courtney let her use it. beth thought that the HAD TO do a knife war and she evns aid herself that normally she WOULDNT want to but since it was courtney she doesnt mind(im pretty sure plenty of people agree with her) and just because someone is openly being manipulative doesnt mean they are better thna someone who is trying to cover it up.

as for harold backstabbing duncan he had no intention of doing that until duncan started making fun of his feelings towards leshawna which was caused by owen instigating. youre making it seem liek harold just decided to randomly backstab him for no reason. besides when they were climbing that hill and owen tried to make harold backstab duncan he didnt. but that was BEFORE duncan made fun of leshawna

Please recall the sports movie challenge. Beth clearly stole Courtney's PDA to call her boyfriend when Lindsay was fighting Harold. Nothing to do with the game; Beth clearly knew it belonged to Courtney, and she did it anyway.

And you've proven my point already with the knife fight: Beth wanted to hurt Courtney. That's proactively evil.

So Duncan said Leshawna wasn't delicate. Prove to me that's an insult: Leshawna certainly had no problems being thought of as having an attitude, or being fierce.

And yes, Harold didn't backstab Duncan when Owen asked him too. So what? Harold still did it in the end.

ok i can already seeing this turning into a vs arguement or pointless arguement period so let me just say this; ok fine beth stole courtneys pda to talk to her bf. she shouldve asked courtney first but that doesnt make her evil and it doesnt mean she isnt nice.

beth didnt just want to hurt courtney right off the bat she thought they HAD TO and she was only willing to because courtney is such a brat. besides courtney didnt seem to mind either so dont try to make it seem like courtneys off the hook. not like she backed down or anything.

its not so much that duncan said she wasnt delicate it was the way he said it. he said it in a mocking way which can come off as insult. and i saw you say that duncan doesnt break the rules. in season 1 thats all he did when gwen was still in the game they pulled silly pranks and dont forget he was coming to tdi straight from juvy

ok so harold backstabbed duncan but duncan had it coming. besides its not like everything duncan has ever done to harold can be excused because compared to that, what harold did is nothing. it wasnt an elimination episode anyways so duncan didnt have anything to worry about

Edited on 11/07/2009 10:06am

HaydenAvery

[27]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 21
    yea harolds a real coward for strangling and punching duncan. (rolls eyes)

Lionheart08

[28]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 30
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    Lionheart08 wrote:

Quite honestly, Harold socking Duncan was a long time coming. I hated the reason for it, with Owen playing the instigator in the situation, but I also don't feel sorry for Duncan Either.

I also noticed that Beth was being bashed for be willing to get into a knife fight with Courtney. Now, correct my memory, but Courtney didn't even object to the idea.

Here's how it happened.

Chef puts knives done.

Courtney asks "What is this, a knifefight?"

Beth states "I'll do it since I'm doing it to Courtney" and grabs a knife.

Courtney grabs a knife and says "Don't pick a fight with me. You'll lose."

As you can see, Courtney is not the instigator. Beth is. Courtney only stated that if Beth tries to get into a knife fight with her, Beth would lose.

Doesn't matter if she was the instigator or not, she should no signs of trying to diffuse the situation, only egging on Beth more. I also notice how you mention Beth stealing Courtney's PDA. Umm, didn't Courtney still various times in season 1? The Hot Air Ballon in TDDDDI? The food with Duncan?

AcmeAcne

[29]Nov 7, 2009
    What? Duncan has cheated several times in the past, he cheated during the bonfire challenge by using a lighter and cheated during the bridge crossing challenge. I also really fail to see how comparing any woman to a freight train could be taken as anything but an insult. Also you keep saying Beth stole Courtney PDA but from my recollection all she did was attempt to call her boyfriend and returned it afterwards as Courtney has it back in her posseion by the next scene. True she borrowed it without permission but there a big diffrence between that and stealing something besides her first instict was to return it which she did and repeated again when Courtney misplaced the very next epsiode. Honestly your arguement sounding less convincing by the message.

alagaesian

[30]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 12
    BrainMan820 wrote:

alagaesian wrote:
    Of course, you could always say that Harold was trying to win the contest, and is therefore free of all charges? Plus, Courtney has done some stuff in the game that is plain immoral and NOT related to winning the game in any way, shape, or form. There is no way she is innocent in this. Duncan too. Beth, she is trying to manipulate Courtney. She's trying to get the upper edge in strategy. And, at least in the confessionals, Beth is straight about the fact that she is forming an alliance and NOT making a friend. Outside of the confessionals, no one is telling the truth. They are both trying to be friendly, but not telling each other that they are attempting at an alliance just to strengthen their game. True, both girls know exactly what the other is doing, but they are still trying to be secretive about their motives. Now that the shock of it all is over, I believe that Harold overreacted a lot. I'm not very proud of what he did. But, I'm willing to forgive him this one time because one, Duncan has given cruel physical abuse to Harold in the past, and two, Harold punched Duncan's lights out partly to win the challenge.

This is a reward challenge: It has nothing to do with winning the game, not to mention they already had a plan that was working for winning this challenge. Further, how exactly does breaking the only alliance you have go towards winning the game. It's clear that Courtney and Harold no longer see eye to eye in regards to voting, and Owen is not set on following it either since he likes everyone. It was a cruel act done of spite.

I'm not saying Courtney is innocent: I'm just saying Harold is not. Neither is Beth. Somehow, everyone is under the impression that they are the good guys. At least there's no Owen love.

I think everyone is convinced that they're the good guys because Courtney is hurting people for money, Owen is manipulating his friends for money, and Duncan has been abusing Harold for, in their opinion, way too long. Since none of those three can be the good guys, Harold and Beth are by default. I'm not saying that this is my particular reasoning on things, but seriously, who do you believe can be the protagonist in this situation? You say Courtney and Duncan. But, then again, your moral system is quite different from the conventional sort. Under my moral system, Harold and Beth are protagonists. And, looking at this board as a sample, my morals system is more common than yours. So, more people are willing to believe that Harold is a protagonist, as opposed to Courtney. End of story.

And, I'm very happy that there is no obsessive Owen love. At least that we can agree on.

Ilovemiley300

[31]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 10
    I guess most of you have never been bullied before morons
    good job Harold and bad news for Duncan

Brodoin15

[32]Nov 8, 2009
    • level: 20

Not to get into a debate, but I don't think it's fair to pretty much say one character can do something, but then get mad at another when he/she does the same thing.

Duncan had it coming. Granted, it wasn't good timing, but he had it coming.

EvilOmiRules

[33]Nov 11, 2009

Ilovemiley300 wrote:
    I guess most of you have never been bullied before morons good job Harold and bad news for Duncan

Brodoin15 wrote:

Not to get into a debate, but I don't think it's fair to pretty much say one character can do something, but then get mad at another when he/she does the same thing.

Duncan had it coming. Granted, it wasn't good timing, but he had it coming.

i completely agree with both of you

EvilOmiRules

[34]Nov 11, 2009
    animatiun_lover wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    animatiun_lover wrote:

BrainMan820 wrote:

ok i can already seeing this turning into a vs arguement or pointless arguement period so let me just say this; ok fine beth stole courtneys pda to talk to her bf. she shouldve asked courtney first but that doesnt make her evil and it doesnt mean she isnt nice.

beth didnt just want to hurt courtney right off the bat she thought they HAD TO and she was only willing to because courtney is such a brat. besides courtney didnt seem to mind either so dont try to make it seem like courtneys off the hook. not like she backed down or anything.

its not so much that duncan said she wasnt delicate it was the way he said it. he said it in a mocking way which can come off as insult. and i saw you say that duncan doesnt break the rules. in season 1 thats all he did when gwen was still in the game they pulled silly pranks and dont forget he was coming to tdi straight from juvy

ok so harold backstabbed duncan but duncan had it coming. besides its not like everything duncan has ever done to harold can be excused because compared to that, what harold did is nothing. it wasnt an elimination episode anyways so duncan didnt have anything to worry about

i think what you mean to say is that duncan didnt have anything to LOSE since he got owned by harold

HaydenAvery

[36]Nov 11, 2009
    • level: 21
    i think it was one of the greatest moments in the shows history.

nate4123

[39]Nov 13, 2009
    yes I do agree that Duncan did deserve that from Harold. After all of what Duncan did to him, it was like an achievement for Harold to beat him in his own game. But too bad the next day, he would be eliminated.

imverybasic

[40]Nov 13, 2009
    He got his revenge on him at the Guilded Chris Ceremony. Nice.