We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Game Limit Referendum

cornergas94

[1]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 5

Thank you for reading. The point of this thread is to establish limits as to how long a game topic can continue. This thread will be governed by Robert's Rules of Order - 10th Edition. The chairs of this meeting are maritimer00 and cornergas94.

The threads "episode 28- the yacht party (create an episode)" and "How much do you know about TDI?" have at least 150 posts each as of this writing. As well, "How much do you know about TDI?" has been active for almost 10 months. These threads also have no set post limit or time limit. Since earlier this month, only four games are allowed at any time. With these two continuing indefinitely, only two spots are available for new games. This rule seems anticompetitive towards new games.

Therefore, I propose that this forum should shut down the above mentioned threads and make sure that new games have limits of either time or post numbers to be set by the poster with oversight by any moderator of this forum.

Are there any amendments to this proposal?

Edited on 08/14/2008 3:11pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maritimer00

[2]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 71
    The only thing I'll add at this point is that if people are looking to start an RPG thread, please start it in the Games forum (where other ones have been moved).

Beyond that, I would suggest that the original poster of a game thread can contact me at any time if they want their thread unlocked and closed and ultimately it should be their decision.

However, one thing I will mention here is I can not increase the number of game threads allowed..it's site rules and I can't change em.

cornergas94

[3]Aug 14, 2008
    Why do they care? Is it such a burden on their servers, text? How is that such a drain on their server space. And what do you mean, Games forum I don't see that anywhere.

NejiShikamaru

[4]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    Well, it's there site, so if they want to have just 4 games per forum, they can.

cornergas94

[5]Aug 14, 2008
    What about the Games forum. But mine will get lost in all those inbound games right?

NejiShikamaru

[6]Aug 14, 2008
    Yes, most likely unless your able to have major support to keep it afloat amidst the many Episode Tournaments and Elimination Games.

cornergas94

[7]Aug 14, 2008
    But what I'm saying is that these games have no limits. They could go on forever. Why don't we have a limit on posts or time? Seems anticompetitive and blocks anyone out of the four game limit with two just sitting there forever.
    Edited on 08/14/2008 8:34pm

NejiShikamaru

[8]Aug 14, 2008
    You'll need to take it up with a moderator or editor.

maritimer00

[9]Aug 14, 2008
    The game limit was set as before the limit imposition, popular forums were being drowned out with game threads being started over and over to the point that talk about the shows was being suffocated. The number of games is at a maximum of up to four, at the discretion of an editor. I have been liberal but even so, I have been locking game threads and having RPG threads moved to the general Games forum frequently.

cornergas94

[10]Aug 14, 2008
    Well then, why is SEASON 1 RECAP (US ONLY)! a pinned thread? Why can't we put my Apples to Apples thread there?

maritimer00

[11]Aug 14, 2008
    Pinned threads are not just for games threads..there are also pinned threads for Submission guidelines and Games rules pertaining to maximum allowed and fanfiction prohibition.

As the moderators have pointed out, it doesn't matter if the threads are pinned or not, 4 is the maximum. I have pinned the existing ones so people realize that the maximum number has been reached in this forum at present. Additional game threads can be started in the Show and Games forum.

It's the rules, as I've said. Otherwise, forums for popular shows fall into chaos.

toucansquak7

[13]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 12

Ktrain106 wrote:
    I Like Pie

off topic

ConairStarracer

[14]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 6

OK I think is discussion is over considering Cornergas is banned....