We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Favoritism? *US Spoilers*

NejiShikamaru

[1]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 13

Sure, I'm from the US, but I cheated and peeked on Wikipedia, so I know what happens lol

However, I still like the show, it's great. But, as the title states, do the writers of the show have a favorite? All they seem to do is show Gwen non-stop, and even when she isn't involved in a challenge they have her mentioned heavily, Gwen's Diary being read and Trent singing about her. Also, she has been in all of the confessionals thus far, yet the majority of the cast haven't even been in once.

US Spoiler:
    ***SPOILER***

So, did the writers just forget about everyone else on the show, or did they highly favorite Gwen? I think they favorited her, but that's just my opinion. Post yours.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

foobacoligist

[2]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    well, why aren't you saying this about Owen? I mean, he wins, so wouldn't you think that was favoritism? I know he's upbeat and happy, but Gwen didn't have any enemies (except Heather) she was a strong player, despite her moodiness, and there was never any reason to vote her off.

NejiShikamaru

[3]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 13
    Look at the camera time that Gwen got to Owen, who despite winning had about 2 times in the confessional per episode saying "AWESOME!" or "Mmmm, piece of cake!" while Gwen got about 3 per to complain about everything, and Owen wasn't in the talent contest, but you didn't hear Trent sing about him. The most camera time he got was when he had to dive off of the cliff last, which was overtaken by Gwen the next episode when she and Trent were basically in every scene until Trent passed out, where Gwen was all alone and got the spotlight. I'm surprised she only got 2nd.

foobacoligist

[4]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    I'm not sure how many episodes you've seen, but in Hook, line, and Screamer, I'd both agree and disagree with that. half the time, owen was shown walking with izzy in the woods (then making out with Izzy in the woods ) he got alot of camera time there, and also, in camp castaways, Owen was a HUGE part of it, because he goes totally insane, confessed all his sins, and makes the plan to scare away the 'head hunters' however, in hook, line, and screamer, Gwen does ultimately stop the physico killer, another thing to consider is the fact that the writers must have known who was going to win, so they had to show Gwen because she was final two. Gwen has more depth, and let's face it, Owen's about as shallow as a bird bath
    Edited on 07/08/2008 5:54pm

beastmutt

[5]Jul 18, 2008
    • level: 11
    how did you see that on youtube??? i got not the right search results!

ally1313

[6]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 6

I do think they showed a bit of favoritism towards her, though, it might be because she was around for so long that they wanted to show a lot of her. Owen, Heather, Duncan...all of them pretty much got the most camera time, even from the beginning, and they were around the longest. It might have been because they weren't going to bother making an entire episode focus a lot around someone like Noah who was there for about three episodes.

alagaesian

[7]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 12
    I noticed that every episode between Paintball Deer Hunter and Basic Straining focuses on Duncan and Courtney more than Gwen and Trent. They probably did that so their relationship could develop before she got voted off, but they tend to let couples hog the spotlight. They have favorites, but they also have to spend more time on the characters that are going to be hanging around. Why waste a bunch of time on someone who's going to get voted off in episode four?

bluemoon11

[8]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    Exactly!!!

They put so much camera time on those characters so you can relate and get a feel for them BECAUSE THEY ARE MAJOR CHARACTERS!!

Owen winning was unexpected and that was sorta the point of that

Kayelee_is_emo

[9]Aug 2, 2008
    • level: 1

I think your all right.

I bet they do favorite Gwen and the other couples. They also keep Heather because she holds the key to the Drama in Total Drama Island...

I feel like they do favorite Gwen and the couples but thats where most of the drama is...

Think about it... there is tons of drama in teennage life...mostly their love life so of course they will favorite the most drama filled people...