We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Ezekiel unfairly reamed over one of his comments

HankL

[1]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 18

Am I the only one that thought Ezekiel's treatment in the first episode was a little unfair? While I agree his statement that guys are smarter than girls is sexist, his statement about guys being stronger and better at sports than girls are has an element of truth to it. Allow me to explain:

I want to preface this statement that I believe that men and women are equal in God's eyes and equal under the law. Having ovaries or testicles is not a prerequesite to being President or Prime Minister, nor should it be. However, they are not the same type of human being--male vs. female, impregnating versus having babies, etc. Ezekiel's statement that guys are much stronger and better at sports than girls are is true IN GENERAL, but there are always exceptions. Any woman athelete is going to be stronger and better at sports than an average schulbby guy is. That much is OBVIOUS. However, if you get the strongest man in the world and the strongest woman in the world, the strongest man will be able to bench press or squat more than the strongest woman in the world. I think that Ezekiel getting reamed over that statement was unfair to a degree. Similarly, the fastest woman swimmer or marathon runner has still been slower than the fastest man swimmer or marathon runner. This is documented fact. I think what happened to Ezekiel over that statement is a form of PC bullying for womens' groups and TV networks to not acknowledge this general fact.

Yes, it's obvious that Eva was the strongest woman there at the camp--clearly stronger than Ezekiel, so he should have been told "Some women are stronger than most men, Ezekiel, and that includes YOU!" However, if there had been a strength contest between Eva and DJ, DJ would have out lifted her and Jeff might have matched her. On the other hand, Bridgette most likely was the first across the finish line in the 20 KM run because of her cardiovascular conditioning as a surfer.

Ezekiel's remark that boys are smarter than girls is not correct. It would be just as incorrect for Gwen to say "Girls are smarter than boys" but you'll notice that Gwen NEVER said that. Again, while men have in general shown more smarts than women in math and science while women have historically and women in general have shown more common sense in dealing with life and more smarts in the arts, languages, and history, there are plenty of men with more common sense than most women and plenty of women whose math and science smarts leaves most men to shame. I can agree with Ezekiel getting reamed for that comment.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nxtbestdirector

[2]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    HankL wrote:

Am I the only one that thought Ezekiel's treatment in the first episode was a little unfair? While I agree his statement that guys are smarter than girls is sexist, his statement about guys being stronger and better at sports than girls are has an element of truth to it. Allow me to explain:

I want to preface this statement that I believe that men and women are equal in God's eyes and equal under the law. Having ovaries or testicles is not a prerequesite to being President or Prime Minister, nor should it be. However, they are not the same type of human being--male vs. female, impregnating versus having babies, etc. Ezekiel's statement that guys are much stronger and better at sports than girls are is true IN GENERAL, but there are always exceptions. Any woman athelete is going to be stronger and better at sports than an average schulbby guy is. That much is OBVIOUS. However, if you get the strongest man in the world and the strongest woman in the world, the strongest man will be able to bench press or squat more than the strongest woman in the world. I think that Ezekiel getting reamed over that statement was unfair to a degree. Similarly, the fastest woman swimmer or marathon runner has still been slower than the fastest man swimmer or marathon runner. This is documented fact. I think what happened to Ezekiel over that statement is a form of PC bullying for womens' groups and TV networks to not acknowledge this general fact.

Yes, it's obvious that Eva was the strongest woman there at the camp--clearly stronger than Ezekiel, so he should have been told "Some women are stronger than most men, Ezekiel, and that includes YOU!" However, if there had been a strength contest between Eva and DJ, DJ would have out lifted her and Jeff might have matched her. On the other hand, Bridgette most likely was the first across the finish line in the 20 KM run because of her cardiovascular conditioning as a surfer.

Ezekiel's remark that boys are smarter than girls is not correct. It would be just as incorrect for Gwen to say "Girls are smarter than boys" but you'll notice that Gwen NEVER said that. Again, while men have in general shown more smarts than women in math and science while women have historically and women in general have shown more common sense in dealing with life and more smarts in the arts, languages, and history, there are plenty of men with more common sense than most women and plenty of women whose math and science smarts leaves most men to shame. I can agree with Ezekiel getting reamed for that comment.

thats true they should've eliminated the weaker ones first but they're woman are emotional i would've agreed on who to vote off it would've been better 4 the team

NejiShikamaru

[3]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 13
    I think you might be looking into it a little to deeply , but I expected Courtney to go no matter what, even with Ezekiel's comments, since Courtney hadn't jumped, had the eye problem, and then tried to take charge. But I guess the girls got the guys to oust him

I noticed that Courtney sounded kind've different in the first episode, when she hit the bug on her eye, she sounded like Lindsay, "Ouch, that hurt." sounded more like something Lindsay might have said lol

NejiShikamaru

[4]Jul 23, 2008
    Although, if they did oust Courtney, who was actually suggested by Duncan of all people, then the whole Courtney/Duncan relationship would have never come.

Diddy_2000

[5]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    Eziekal fan.....
    Dude he ticked girls off by being a sexist of course they voted him off and he picked his nose.

TTAM-MATT

[6]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 12
    Maybe he will appear more in total drama action?

HankL

[7]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 18

Diddy_2000 wrote:
    Eziekal fan..... Dude he ticked girls off by being a sexist of course they voted him off and he picked his nose.

I didn't say I was a fan of Ezekiel. But doesn't everyone at least pick their nose in private? I just don't wanna see anyone do it in public!

The point of my post is that the response that Ezekiel got for his remark about guys IN GENERAL being stronger and better at sports than girls is NOT ENTIRELY UNTRUE. However, the Politically Correct Police out there act like it's some kind of unforgivable sin to speak that truth. That's what I find to be offensive. I did cite examples where some women are stronger than most men out there, which is also true, but that's the exception--apples to apples men have more upper body strength than women but women have more tolerance for pain than men do.

typogirl

[8]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 10
    You have very good points. It's true, in some ways, that guys could be better; I guess they got pissed off that a little pale weakling thought that HE was stronger and better than all of the girls of that team. Which isn't true considering what was said above about Bridgette and Eva.

ultimatekey

[9]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 22
    All of you guys be saying that Ezekiel be picking his nose, but you guys dont say nothing about Harold!

foobacoligist

[10]Jul 24, 2008
    ultimatekey wrote:
    All of you guys be saying that Ezekiel be picking his nose, but you guys dont say nothing about Harold!
    yes, but Ezekiel picks his nose AND is a sexist pig, at least Harold wins challenges

NejiShikamaru

[11]Jul 24, 2008
    We will never know until TDA if Ezekiel could have won challenges, he was out before he had a real chance

NejiShikamaru

[12]Jul 24, 2008
    Although we don't know if he'll even be in TDA

foobacoligist

[13]Jul 24, 2008
    NejiShikamaru wrote:
    We will never know until TDA if Ezekiel could have won challenges, he was out before he had a real chance
    ok point taken, but seriously, what challenges could he possibly have won?

NejiShikamaru

[14]Jul 24, 2008
    Dodgeball, maybe the talent contest...oh wait, thats what Harold saved...we don't know, he was homeschooled and he obviously doesn't get out much...he might have been able to take Bridgette's place and tried to tell a story instead in the Talent Show lol

foobacoligist

[15]Jul 24, 2008
    NejiShikamaru wrote:
    Dodgeball, maybe the talent contest...oh wait, thats what Harold saved...we don't know, he was homeschooled and he obviously doesn't get out much...he might have been able to take Bridgette's place and tried to tell a story instead in the Talent Show lol
    maybe he had a hidden talent- booger sculpting? not sure how 'grand master chef' would've felt about that one, although he gave Bridgette 2 thumbs up for her puking routine hey by the way, have you noticed that heather wasn't given a rating after her little 'performance'?

NejiShikamaru

[16]Jul 24, 2008
    It wasn't a performance, or Chef gave her a 0 and they didn't show it

jojo2014

[17]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    i agree with hankL about his sexist coments. ezekiel made it sound like every single guy is stronger,smarter,and better at sports than every single girl. but if you put lindsay and ezekiel on a trivia quiz show i think ezekiel would be smarter than her. but then lets put him and bridgette at a sport contest she would probably take him down. if eva and him did a weight lifting contest he would have lost but with another guy stronger than her yes she would have lost. it all depends on the people you pick to do something like that because sometimes girls,like me, get temper problems and would beat him up for saying that but without thinking of what his statement really meant. now if a girl said that comment who knows what the guys would have said.

ultimatekey

[18]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 22
    I thought almost at the end of TDI, he stop being a sexist.

beastmutt

[19]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 11
    i am an Ezekiel fan and hankL has a good point...

nate4123

[20]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 16
    Harold is a hero for the Killer Bass and he seems pretty kewl. Ezekiel is just not a good guy to me.