We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

differnt ending for US ?

is this true

littlekid172

[1]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 13
    I herd they will change the ending to TDI season 1 since people have been spoiling it is this true?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

robotcfan1

[2]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    ya i think so.i dont now what happened in your canadian ending but when the dvd comes out they probably have to endings for you to choose

NejiShikamaru

[3]Jul 21, 2008
    We don't know if it's changing, people are asking constantly , I want them to change it, since I didn't like who won. I'd prefer a favorite of mine to win...

I think that if they are changing the end result, they will only change the finale, since that'll be too much work to change more than that...especially if they start changing it now, since they'd need to redo everything, because they'd have people in that were out in Canada

nate4123

[4]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 16
    It's mixed for me. I don't know if it is gonna happen, but I hope it does. So may people are already telling us Owen won. It would be awesome to see somebody else win it all.
    Edited on 07/21/2008 11:47am

maritimer00

[5]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 71
    If you read what the director says in his blog, there have been changes made for US airings...some stuff pretty puzzling (removing a word like crap, for example). He hints at other stuff changed but nothing specific...

My suggestion?...enjoy the eps and don't fret too much about the ending (which is a long way away for US fans...November, I think, is the projected end for Season 1 there).

TDI101

[6]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    I went to the blog and it said that the ending is in Steptember or something near that and I thought that said that the US and Canadians was going to watch Total Drama Action at the same time.

beastmutt

[7]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 11
    i hope they change a lot (i made a bet with my brother owen wouldnt win and i didnt tell him yet sooo...i got till september)

vandita01

[8]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 4
    in canada owen wins. in the U.S gwen wins. i wanted duncan to win!!!

Kristy101

[9]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 15
    vandita01 wrote:
    in canada owen wins. in the U.S gwen wins. i wanted duncan to win!!!
    How could Gwen win in the U.S if it hasn't even ended yet? I don't think they will change who wins seeing as it would complicate things, but if they do I am just fine with that. :]

gwenfan2008

[10]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 1

I'm new to TDI here in the US, but after watching just a couple of episodes I figured Gwen would win. She's one of the best characters on the show for a number of reasons, and her motivations for participating are pretty admirable. If she originally won and they change the ending, I'll be a little disappointed (trying to keep in mind it's just a show).

Here's a fun ending: Trent wins, but gives at least some of the money to Gwen so she can help her family, and they live happily ever after or something. Also I would have Heather tick off the enchanted flying beavers on the island and as punishment get transformed into something that resembles an oven mit crossed with a gorilla. That chick is such a pain!

One other thing: if this show makes it to DVD (oh please oh please), having multiple endings included on the DVDs would be great.

Diddy_2000

[11]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    They will probably make Gwen win. Since they are in the top two.
    Or they might change it when it goes to the final five.
    or final three?

littlekid172

[12]Jul 22, 2008
    Oh wow Gwen and Owen make it to the final 2 the people that I wanted to make to the final 2 so I don't care who wins cause there my favorite characters and I can't decide who should win Gwen is interesting to watch Owen is funny so I don't care who wins as long as both of them are in the final 2

PrincessOfLove5

[13]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 10
    I hope they change the ending. A lot of people are spoiling it for us by telling everyone Owen wins.

HankL

[14]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 18

maritimer00 wrote:
    If you read what the director says in his blog, there have been changes made for US airings...some stuff pretty puzzling (removing a word like crap, for example). He hints at other stuff changed but nothing specific... My suggestion?...enjoy the eps and don't fret too much about the ending (which is a long way away for US fans...November, I think, is the projected end for Season 1 there).

I live in the US but have watched TDI on Teletoon thanks to a grey market StarChoice satellite dish. I've noticed several odd differences:

1. Removing all the "craps" and replacing them with "shoots" and "darns."

2. The whole joke about Communion/Communal washrooms. Uh, Canada has a higher percentage of its population that is Catholic than the US, so I do not see how it is more offensive in the US.

3. All the "sucks" have been changed to "stinks"

4. All of the "shut ups" have been turned into "shut its"

5. The word "freaking" has been removed (i.e. Owen says in the US version "I'm going to TOTALLY die!")

6. The word "dam" from the history of the Canada-chapter 1 the beaver. "A dam fine" hat is removed. It's obviously a pun on "dam" and "damn" but come on!

As an American, I can tell you that NONE of the above would offend me (1 through 6 that got changed) and I let my 10 year old watch the version on Teletoon without worrying about it. Amazingly, all of the Owen blurred out nudity and farting are intact though! I wonder how they'll handle the blurred boobies of Heather and the word "boobies" when the time comes. They also haven't removed the Owen's confused sexual orientation references from his talking about Justin either!!! I would figure THOSE would cause more offense with the general public in the US than the stuff I've mentioned above. From what I've read, more Canadian parents objected to those items than the stuff I listed in 1 to 6 as well. Uh, if you don't want your kids seeing it, then TURN OFF THE TV! Personally, this show is freaking HILARIOUS!!!

Edited on 07/23/2008 3:37am

Kristy101

[15]Jul 23, 2008
    HankL wrote:

maritimer00 wrote:
    If you read what the director says in his blog, there have been changes made for US airings...some stuff pretty puzzling (removing a word like crap, for example). He hints at other stuff changed but nothing specific... My suggestion?...enjoy the eps and don't fret too much about the ending (which is a long way away for US fans...November, I think, is the projected end for Season 1 there).

I live in the US but have watched TDI on Teletoon thanks to a grey market StarChoice satellite dish. I've noticed several odd differences:

1. Removing all the "craps" and replacing them with "shoots" and "darns."

2. The whole joke about Communion/Communal washrooms. Uh, Canada has a higher population of Catholics than the US, so I do not see how it is more offensive in the US.

3. All the "sucks" have been changed to "stinks"

4. All of the "shut ups" have been turned into "shut its"

5. The word "freaking" has been removed (i.e. Owen says in the US version "I'm going to TOTALLY die!")

6. The word "dam" from the history of the Canada-chapter 1 the beaver. "A dam fine" hat is removed. It's obviously a pun on "dam" and "damn" but come on!

As an American, I can tell you that NONE of the above would offend me (1 through 6 that got changed) and I let my 10 year old watch the version on Teletoon without worrying about it. Amazingly, all of the Owen blurred out nudity and farting are intact though! I wonder how they'll handle the blurred boobies of Heather and the word "boobies" when the time comes. They also haven't removed the Owen's confused sexual orientation references from his talking about Justin either!!! I would figure THOSE would cause more offense with the general public in the US than the stuff I've mentioned above. From what I've read, more Canadian parents objected to those items than the stuff I listed in 1 to 6 as well. Uh, if you don't want your kids seeing it, then TURN OFF THE TV! Personally, this show is freaking HILARIOUS!!!

I don't see why the hell they blocked less important mature content which really isn't mature at all and not others. Oh well, I am not complaining, from what I have seen this has to be the most mature show shown on Cartoonetwork and I am still shocked they kept the things they did in said show.

HankL

[16]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 18

Cartoon Network shows more mature content shows later at night with blocks such as Adult Swim. However, this is one of the more mature shows they have shown in the afternoon or evening. Nickelodeon showed 6Teen in the afternoon years ago and it got yanked because of all the farting references, and a couple of episodes where Jonesy dropped trou. I understand how that happened because 6Teen is aimed at teens but it was airing it in the afternoon rather than the evening or during the TeeNick block or on The N with Degrassi.

The impression that I am getting is that Cartoon Network is trying to avoid having to air TDI on adult swim by minimizing anything that could be construed as a curse word (crap, freaking, dam, suck) so it can get away with all of the toilet humour and blurred-out nudity in the late afternoon/early evening. The thing is, the main audience that is watching the show besides adults that like such shows (I am one of them, incidentally!) is 9 to 14 year olds.

They were showing a marathon one Friday afternoon on Cartoon Network and when I came to the Quillian Center Summer Day Camp to pick up my daughter, EVERYONE, even the CIT's and the Counselors were watching the show and laughing their heads off. Several kids were treaing my 10 year old daughter like a big hero becuase she was able to tell them what Owen or Trent or whomever was about to do, but they didn't realize that her dad has a Grey-Market Satellite Dish that gets Canadian Cable TV.

Diddy_2000 wrote:
    They will probably make Gwen win. Since they are in the top two. Or they might change it when it goes to the final five. or final three?

I personally hope they don't change who won--I like both Owen and Gwen, but changing who won is really alowing some outside power dictate your creativity. However, given how some FemiNazis in the US can be and various political activist groups that have been pushing girl power down our throats for years, I can see them making an ending with Gwen winning just to make sure a girl wins.

Edited on 07/23/2008 4:11am
    Edited 3 total times.

Kristy101

[17]Jul 23, 2008
    HankL wrote:

Cartoon Network shows more mature content shows later at night with blocks such as Adult Swim. However, this is one of the more mature shows they have shown in the afternoon or evening. Nickelodeon showed 6Teen in the afternoon years ago and it got yanked because of all the farting references, and a couple of episodes where Jonesy dropped trou. I understand how that happened because 6Teen is aimed at teens but it was airing it in the afternoon rather than the evening or during the TeeNick block or on The N with Degrassi.

The impression that I am getting is that Cartoon Network is trying to avoid having to air TDI on adult swim by minimizing anything that could be construed as a curse word (crap, freaking, dam, suck) so it can get away with all of the toilet humour and blurred-out nudity in the late afternoon/early evening. The thing is, the main audience that is watching the show besides adults that like such shows (I am one of them, incidentally!) is 9 to 14 year olds.

They were showing a marathon one Friday afternoon on Cartoon Network and when I came to the Quillian Center Summer Day Camp to pick up my daughter, EVERYONE, even the CIT's and the Counselors were watching the show and laughing their heads off. Several kids were treaing my 10 year old daughter like a big hero becuase she was able to tell them what Owen or Trent or whomever was about to do, but they didn't realize that her dad has a Grey-Market Satellite Dish that gets Canadian Cable TV.

Diddy_2000 wrote:
    They will probably make Gwen win. Since they are in the top two. Or they might change it when it goes to the final five. or final three?

I personally hope they don't change who won--I like both Owen and Gwen, but changing who won is really alowing some outside power dictate your creativity. However, given how some FemiNazis in the US can be and various political activist groups that have been pushing girl power down our throats for years, I can see them making an ending with Gwen winning just to make sure a girl wins.

If they have Gwen win just because she is a girl that will suck, wasn't the whole first episode with the guy who got kicked out for saying negative things towards girls good enough?! -__-

Even if they did change who won, it really wouldn't make a difference unless they decide to change the final 2 and or change the final challenge. I hope they keep it the way it was made originally, changing it just seems pointless to me but like a said before I wont mind them changing the winner.