We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

could courtney really have won?

sebetai

[1]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 19
    she was a pretty pathetic camper. she refused to jump in the first challenge. chickened out from jumping into green jello. didn't seem to help the rest of the team at all. i don't get why she was surprised that harold was chosen over her. although the rest of the team was shocked as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nate4123

[2]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 16
    She had the potential to win it all. Even though she had a bad start in the 1st episode, everyone started to like the CIT. I mean she stepped up as a leader and also became a team player. She can be a little uptight sometimes, well most of the times, but she was one great camper. I thought she would have gone to the final 3 but Harold had to take it away. Courtney was great!

alagaesian

[3]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 12

She couldn't believe they'd pick Harold over her because she was officially hooked up with Duncan at that point. The two other guys on the team were good friends with him, and all three of them were probably trying to get rid of Harold. It would be physically impossible for her to get voted off, unless both Geoff and DJ decided to betray Duncan.

And I agree that she would have gotten a lot farther if Harold hadn't messed with the votes. Duncan and Courtney are an unbreakable alliance. Heather wouldn't be able to mess with them like she did with Gwen and Trent.

mikeandike95

[4]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    Still, probably wouldn't have won. The whole weird challenge thing would trip her up. She would have that hanging over her head if she ever ran for office.

BrainMan820

[5]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 16

Courtney did better then people think at the challenges. Firstly, jumping into the green jello didn't actually matter. Even if Courtney accomplished it, the Bass would have still lost the challenge, as only DJ, Duncan, and Sadie completed their challenges. Even triple points would not have changed it.

In the other challenges, Courtney did well. She came in 3rd for the Bass in the Awake-a-thon, did very well at dodgeball (as well as coercing Duncan to play), she had a talent lined up for the competition (and Chris mentions she was their strongest competitor) but Bridgette ruined it. In the other challenge, what she did wasn't spotlighted, but it didn't hurt the team. Plenty of people, like Harold or Izzy, did worse for their team.

I doubt she would have won the challenge, as she would have refused to do many of the dares when it came down to the final three, but she did have a solid alliance with Duncan though. Geoff and DJ were close to them, and Bridgette seemed to be close to Courtney (the two of them were dishing on Geoff's bad gift together.) The guys would have chosen Harold over her because Harold was aggravating them with his slopiness.

tigerty101

[6]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 15
    I'm thinking no. she would have made it farther, but I think she would have left eventually. She wouldn't have lasted on the dare challenge.

dannyranger7

[7]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 18
    tigerty101 wrote:
    I'm thinking no. she would have made it farther, but I think she would have left eventually. She wouldn't have lasted on the dare challenge.
    i totally agree.

MisterVoid

[8]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 15
    After what happened to Leshawna, and to a lesser extent Duncan, the winner of TDI was essentially a crap shoot. And as Lindsay pointed out, she wasn't that well liked because of her bossiness; so unless Duncan, Geoff and DJ stuck together to help Courtney, she wouldn't get far when the teams disbanded.

Kijar

[9]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 9

i think if she made it past that she would make it to the final four with DJ, Duncan and Geoff

Though if Cody wasn't mauled by a bear he probably would have won...

tyrouchiha

[10]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    Kijar wrote:

i think if she made it past that she would make it to the final four with DJ, Duncan and Geoff

Though if Cody wasn't mauled by a bear he probably would have won...

Cody winning? No, he wouldn't stand a chance in "Are we there, Yeti?" or the killer challenge.

LordGrievous

[11]Sep 11, 2008
    • level: 13

I agree with Bridgette about Courtney being voted off at the next challenge she tries to claim leadership of the team but she just doesn't have any leadership skills and she would have had ticked off the other girls at that brunch of disgustingness challenge because I doubt she would have done very good at that.

Courtney is a great character just not good enough to win.