We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

*Chokes on Lollipop Im eating* CONCEPT ART FOR NEW CHARACTERS!

TDMe

[1]Jan 23, 2010
    • level: 7
    http://neptoonstudios.blogspot.com/2010/01/secret-secret.html
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shishkabob999

[2]Jan 23, 2010
    • level: 9
    I'm going to take a guess and say that's our fourth season crew right there. However, he did say they're just concepts, so the only thing we know for sure is that there will be plenty of new characters in an upcoming season.

The guy in the yellow shorts is Cameron, and Bob is probably the guy to his right.

iamtunk

[3]Jan 23, 2010
    • level: 13
    BOOOO! i don't want new characters, I want to keep the old ones!!! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT!

Especially since I think a lot of the characters still have a few seasons left in them.

This is the fault of all those kids who keep making "Make your own character" fics. It led the producers to believe people want new characters. BLAAAAAAAAAAH!

hopefully they'll still have the older characters returning (and I mean not just Alejandro and Sierra, they don't count.)

maybe they'll have old characters on one team, new characters on another. veterans vs. newbies. I'm Team Veteran!

Alejandro and Sierra should be on Team Newbie. The Killer Veterans vs. The Screaming Newbies. the newbies are screaming cuz the veterans are killing them.

TDMe

[4]Jan 23, 2010

iamtunk wrote:
    BOOOO! i don't want new characters, I want to keep the old ones!!! DO NOT WANT! DO NOT WANT! Especially since I think a lot of the characters still have a few seasons left in them. This is the fault of all those kids who keep making "Make your own character" fics. It led the producers to believe people want new characters. BLAAAAAAAAAAH! hopefully they'll still have the older characters returning (and I mean not just Alejandro and Sierra, they don't count.) maybe they'll have old characters on one team, new characters on another. veterans vs. newbies. I'm Team Veteran! Alejandro and Sierra should be on Team Newbie. The Killer Veterans vs. The Screaming Newbies. the newbies are screaming cuz the veterans are killing them.

this is not from fan art. after a few seasons of a reality show your bound to get new characters.

timgueguen

[5]Jan 24, 2010
    Personally I think a lot of the folks who post on here overestimate how much the Total Drama creative crew pay attention to the goings on of fandom.

shishkabob999

[6]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    timgueguen wrote:
    Personally I think a lot of the folks who post on here overestimate how much the Total Drama creative crew pay attention to the goings on of fandom.

And that they have the cognitive ability to realize that 99% of all the OC's created for those second-season fics are truly awful. Personally, I trust them, with TDM and whatever they're doing next.

jfsredhead16

[7]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 4

Does it even say that those characters are going to be for total drama island.

DC-Dude

[8]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 26

Wow, that's amazing!!!!!

I assume that there have to be new characters, because all of the current characters have already done and gotten so far, and there's not much to do with them anymore. I just hope that the voice actors will stay- I'M JUST GLAD THERE IS A SEASON 4 AFTER ALL! WHOOOPEE!!

TDIrocks61294

[9]Jan 24, 2010
    Guys, we don't know that those are characters for Total Drama. And I really hope they're not, because a) I don't want new characters, and b) most of them are creepy and weird.

HaydenAvery

[10]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 21
    yea. those just might be for a new series.

DC-Dude

[11]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 26

Then why would the guy say "secret SEASON of a secret series?"

imverybasic

[12]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 16
    Todd Kaufman is probably creating another cartoon reality series.

timgueguen

[13]Jan 24, 2010
    It would be kind of silly to create what in effect would be another version of Total Drama when the franchise already exists. As for those character designs given how close they are in style to the existing Total Drama characters it's reasonable to assume they're for season 4.

The_Cartoon

[14]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 20
    It's true that these aren't 100% confirmed as TD4 characters, but over at Toon Zone, a member posted as Todd Kauffman saying that they were cleverly trying to bite around the bush. This may or may not really be him but either way I think that these look like TDI designs. I really like the male designs so far with the exception of the one on the far right, I don't think that the females are colorful enough. But apparently the designs will still be tweaked.

The_Cartoon

[15]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 20
    UPDATE: It appears that that member really is Todd Kauffman and this really is concept art for the TD4.

HaydenAvery

[16]Jan 24, 2010
    They don't really look like Total Drama characters. The idea of new characters is sort of weird.

iamtunk

[17]Jan 25, 2010
    lol, let me explain what I meant. I know those characters aren't from fan art and I know they aren't based off of OC's. I guess what I mean is that fanfiction might have led the producers to think that viewers want new characters. Then again, timgueguen could be right and they pay little to no attention to fandom.

I'm sure I'll find the characters likable (at least some of them anyway). It's not so much that I don't want new characters, I just don't want to say good bye to the old ones. Or have a new character fill the slot of an old one. The possibility of new characters is foreboding to me. I guess I still feel that stuff can be done with the old characters, especially the one's who haven't had much screen time. But, I suppose it depends on the producer's vision more than anything. I guess even if they have a season with new characters doesn't mean there won't be old characters there. Or if there's only new characters it doesn't mean old characters can't return in (a) future season(s).

it just feels too soon for new characters to replace old one's, and I hope that is not what's happening.

It's not the first time that a show I like has started over with new characters. I'm always skeptical and critical and first but then I end up liking it.

timgueguen

[18]Jan 25, 2010
    In fact it is best for people involved in producing a program to show no indication they're paying any attention to fanworks, and even better to actually ignoring fanworks. There have been a number of cases in recent years of wannabe authors, songwriters etc. etc. suing established creators over what they claim is plaigarism. For example a woman named Sophia Stewart tried to sue the folks behind the Matrix movies, claiming the Wachowski brothers based much of the film on a short story she supposedly sent them in 1986 when they were soliciting ideas to turn into comic books. Her suit was thrown out when she and her lawyers failed to present any evidence to back up her claims. A lot of companies these days won't take unsolicited material for that very reason, so someone can't claim years later that their creation was ripped off and try to sue.

HaydenAvery

[19]Jan 25, 2010
    To be truthful, the second and third girl on the top both look cute.

iamtunk

[20]Jan 25, 2010
    timgueguen wrote:
    In fact it is best for people involved in producing a program to show no indication they're paying any attention to fanworks, and even better to actually ignoring fanworks. There have been a number of cases in recent years of wannabe authors, songwriters etc. etc. suing established creators over what they claim is plaigarism. For example a woman named Sophia Stewart tried to sue the folks behind the Matrix movies, claiming the Wachowski brothers based much of the film on a short story she supposedly sent them in 1986 when they were soliciting ideas to turn into comic books. Her suit was thrown out when she and her lawyers failed to present any evidence to back up her claims. A lot of companies these days won't take unsolicited material for that very reason, so someone can't claim years later that their creation was ripped off and try to sue.

That makes sense.

ugh, can you imagine somebody trying to sue because they think they stole ideas from a crappily written fanfic?