We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Broadway, Baby! Episode Discussion thread...Spoilers allowed....

maritimer00

[1]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 71

This thread is for the episode set to air on Cartoon Network on July 19..please try and post spoiler type info in this thread only. Thank you.

Edited on 07/18/2010 4:44pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doguineta

[2]Jul 19, 2010
    • level: 20
    maritimer00 wrote:

This thread is for the episode set to air on Cartoon Network on July 19..please try and post spoiler type info in this thread only. Thank you.

You just beat me! I was about to do the topic... Anyways I'm excited for this ep, thew challenges have to do with climbing the lierty statue and one has to be on baby carts or sth dunno. And Alejandro blows a kiss to Heather.

Riankg

[3]Jul 19, 2010
    • level: 6
    Well someone posted a "sneak peek" of 1 minute on youtube.. It seems that one member have to climb (as i can see the heaviest has to climb) while the others pull them.. Then they have to slid down, as a fireman, through a poll to get down of the statue..

Team Amazon was leading the challenge..

brekclub85

[4]Jul 19, 2010
    • level: 4

Wow....I've never seen Chris so pissed. Alejandro is proving to be a good villain so far, and I hope Heather makes it far this time or even wins.

Edited on 07/19/2010 7:20pm

TDIrocks61294

[5]Jul 20, 2010
    • level: 7

Honestly, this was the first episode that I didn't really like. It focused on Heather way too much, and I don't like her at all. I'm getting sick of Alejandro too, but Sierra is funny. I did think it was funny when Noah was sleeping in the baby carriage too. As for the song, it sucked. You know, people say that the series always focuses on Duncan and Courtney, well now it's Heather and Alejandro (ugh). I can't believe that they might be the final two; the thought disgusts me.

Evening_Haze

[6]Jul 20, 2010
    • level: 7

TDIrocks61294 wrote:

Honestly, this was the first episode that I didn't really like. It focused on Heather way too much, and I don't like her at all. I'm getting sick of Alejandro too, but Sierra is funny. I did think it was funny when Noah was sleeping in the baby carriage too. As for the song, it sucked. You know, people say that the series always focuses on Duncan and Courtney, well now it's Heather and Alejandro (ugh). I can't believe that they might be the final two; the thought disgusts me.

Agreed. Although the Heather/Alejandro thing in this episode was kind of anti-climactic. (BTW: You know, for some reason Alejandro's voice really annoys me, and I don't know why.)

peopie1111

[7]Jul 20, 2010
    • level: 15

Yeah, I didn't like this episode as much either... It was still great though! For once I was actually liked Heather! I think Alejandro is way worse than Heather (well at least this season).

alagaesian

[8]Jul 20, 2010
    • level: 12
    So wait...am I the only person who actually LIKED this episode? The reason that I enjoyed the reward episodes last season was that it gave characters time to actually do something to further the long-running plot. Instead of half the episode being absorbed by Harold, Bridgette, or the Exposition Ninjas, we see Sierra getting some pretty funny screentime and more development on the rest of Team Amazon. And, you know, Alejandro furthering a plot with someone who isn't just getting voted out at the end of the episode.

Though, if they play off the Alejandro-Heather conflict right, we won't know whether either of them likes the other until just after one gets voted off. If I see the overplayed "Oh, I'm trying not to fall for that two-timer, but I just can't help myself..." from Heather, then I'll be ticked. But with Alejandro...I don't know. It strikes me as hilarious that Alejandro could fall for someone who would reject his honest advances. He'd get straight what was coming to him, trying to manipulate pretty much every girl on the show while planning to stab them all in the back.

On a completely different note, that meat grinder HAS to come back to haunt them.

imverybasic

[9]Jul 20, 2010
    • level: 16
    Is the episode already up? Maybe I'll watch it before giving some feedback of my own.

LunaGirl196

[10]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 4
    alagaesian wrote:
    So wait...am I the only person who actually LIKED this episode? The reason that I enjoyed the reward episodes last season was that it gave characters time to actually do something to further the long-running plot. Instead of half the episode being absorbed by Harold, Bridgette, or the Exposition Ninjas, we see Sierra getting some pretty funny screentime and more development on the rest of Team Amazon. And, you know, Alejandro furthering a plot with someone who isn't just getting voted out at the end of the episode.

Though, if they play off the Alejandro-Heather conflict right, we won't know whether either of them likes the other until just after one gets voted off. If I see the overplayed "Oh, I'm trying not to fall for that two-timer, but I just can't help myself..." from Heather, then I'll be ticked. But with Alejandro...I don't know. It strikes me as hilarious that Alejandro could fall for someone who would reject his honest advances. He'd get straight what was coming to him, trying to manipulate pretty much every girl on the show while planning to stab them all in the back.

On a completely different note, that meat grinder HAS to come back to haunt them.

Yes the haunted meat grinder will climb into their dreams and haunt them all *evil laugh* Oh? That's not what you meant...

Anyways as to the AlejandroXHeather conflict there's already one sign he might like her: When they were racing through the sewers and Team Amazon didn't get there yet the first thing he said was "Where's Heather's boat?!" with concern written all over his face and voice meaning he at least considers her important in some way shape or form (Also he could have easily said Team Amazon insted). Besides although the two are competeing against each other I think they might be enjoying the little mind game their playing against one another.

Riankg

[11]Jul 22, 2010
    • level: 6
    I'm with you alagaesian.. I really liked this episode.. For me it was one of the best.. Which is strange because I didnt like at all the aftermath, and most of people did.. ;/

imverybasic

[12]Jul 22, 2010

I thought the episode was alright. I found Heather's counter attack against Alejandro to be pretty impressive and I grow more and more interested in this conflict between them. Chances are like everybody said, is that this conflict will most likely mould into some sort of ongoing rivalry or sappy romance between them. Whichever way the TDWT staff decides to go, the outcome will surely be cliche. It's just how it's carried out that makes it intriguing.

DiamondHead1830

[13]Jul 23, 2010
    On a completely different note, that meat grinder HAS to come back to haunt them.[/QUOTE]

Your right about that, bc in the next episode, The alps, they like pack raw meat so you know it must help SOMEHOW

doguineta

[14]Jul 23, 2010
    • level: 20
    ...and now we add a turlte to the list of animals DJ has cursed. Liked this ep too, this season is being pretty solidly good. The song was nice, and I am wondering what's in the scene CN deleted!!!! A guy on Toonzone who owrks in TotalDrama mentioned a scene involving Cody getting hurt while climbing the statue that CN deleted, and Teletoon had to tone down. Codys picture in the profile forn the TDWT CN site is from that scene: I WANNA KNOW!!!But until October, when the ep airs there, we won't know...

Comments by the Toonzone user/TDWT writer or sth:

-The boys objectifying lady liberty, Cody getting trapped..
    -The boys oogle, cody is...in trouble and then comments on his brush with death in a cockpit confessional.
    -Was the Chef/Cody "what a way to go" confessional shown?
    -Some of Noah's dial had to be toned down/cut for the TT version, no visuals were altered. So we know the seen involves Cody, Noah and by the boys I guess it's the Team Chris is Really Really Really Really Hot ones, and they talk about the statue and Cody gets in some trouble and comments it on the cokcpit ocnfessional, and Chef makes a comment there..