We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Bad News... again.

toucansquak7

[1]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 12
    Bad news. TDA will not be airing in october. a continuation of tdi will be in october. sucks, doesn't it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

slayr98

[2]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    No its a good thing they are talking about the 1 hour special. The plot is Owen throws the big party he promised since he won. All 22 contestants go to the party. But Chris isn't going to just let them enjoy themselves. We are just going to have to wait until October to see what happens.

TDI4ever94

[3]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 3
    You mean teletoon right? By October, TDI won't have finished on Cartoon Network. And I think Owen DOES NOT win in the US.

TTAM-MATT

[4]Aug 23, 2008
    Where are the rumors of Gwen winning TDI coming from?! Just some random guy on the street? Owen is defiantly going to win! everything else has been going how it should! Anyway that sucks.....

nate4123

[5]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 16
    I think it came fron the creator of TDI. Check the blog. It says that there will be changes in the US version of TDI.

TTAM-MATT

[6]Aug 23, 2008
    You mean like changing Sucks to Stinks and Freakin to Totally? Because those are the changes they have been making.....

TDI4ever94

[7]Aug 23, 2008
    Someone who likes this show could've looked on Wikipedia to see the winner. Being almost a year behind the original airdates made it TOO easy to figure out who'll win. Basically, they just won't have Izzy bake the brownies and Gwen wins. That's all they had to do.

TTAM-MATT

[8]Aug 23, 2008
    Owen has to be the winner! And he will be!!!!!

slayr98

[9]Aug 23, 2008

This is the only legit thing i could find about it Wrote by Todd Kauffman himself. Sounds like they are going to have more differences then just the language.

• Two versions? What's up with that?

There's been a lot of talk about the differences between the shows airing in Canada and those in the good ol' U.S. of A.

I mentioned in an earlier post that broadcast standards differ from region to region -- and some words and situations that are acceptable in one place just don't fly in others. Take "crap" for instance. Who knew that a little word would cause such a buzz. I've seen a few youtube videos showing the corruption of young American minds as they are exposed to that horrible 4-letter word.

Up here it gets used willy-nilly. I think it might even be in our national anthem -- or is it in the theme to Hockey Night in Canada? I'm not sure -- but I hear it a lot.

(It turns out willy-nilly is considered vulgar in 4 other regions and will have to be replaced - m.)

Another reason for the different versions -- is that producer's thought it'd be cool to mix it up a bit and let our new audiences enjoy the show without any spoilers. It turns out that some people like to ruin other peoples' fun by telling them the endings to movies or books -- letting them know what's in the Christmas present they're about to unwrap -- and telling the birthday boy that there's a surprise party waiting for him. To those people ... Ha!

See if you can spot the differences.

Like I said -- we get LOTS of mail -- and a whole bunch of questions. Please keep em coming. Understand that we don't want to give too much away about the next season -- but if you have any questions about the process of making the show... fire away!

We'll do our best to give you the answers.

Brodoin15

[10]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 20

Saying crap is no big deal. Alot of kids now-a-days cuss and do all kinds of crazy things.

Plus it's not like it's a cuss word.

Besides, most American children are already brainwashed with all the TV and video games, I doubt saying "crap," "screw," and "sucks," will add to that. I think alot of kids or teens that watch TDI will turn it to South Park when it's over, or watch something on [adult swim]. And most parents might even know their kids watch that.

But once a cartoon says crap on CN, the world ends.

TDI4ever94

[11]Aug 23, 2008

It's not that, it's just that there are some idiots who spend a lot of time looking for anything that might be controversial on TV so they can complain to the Government which has better things to do than make sure 8 year olds don't hear crap, screw or sucks. It seems that these speakcrime police think that saying half swears and showing pixellated nudity is a LOT worse than violence or hard drug use. They need to stop being self-righteous and realize that in the end, parents should control what their kids see, not the networks. We have the (vague) rating system to help you decide what is and isn't appropriate but even if this is a childrens' network, Cartoon Network should have the right to show what they want to show, unless it's horrendously explicitly violent or illegal, they should be able to do what they want.

If many Canadians would let their kids see this without worry, shouldn't most Americans?

MonsterCreature

[12]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    TDI4ever94 wrote:

It's not that, it's just that there are some idiots who spend a lot of time looking for anything that might be controversial on TV so they can complain to the Government which has better things to do than make sure 8 year olds don't hear crap, screw or sucks. It seems that these speakcrime police think that saying half swears and showing pixellated nudity is a LOT worse than violence or hard drug use. They need to stop being self-righteous and realize that in the end, parents should control what their kids see, not the networks. We have the (vague) rating system to help you decide what is and isn't appropriate but even if this is a childrens' network, Cartoon Network should have the right to show what they want to show, unless it's horrendously explicitly violent or illegal, they should be able to do what they want.

If many Canadians would let their kids see this without worry, shouldn't most Americans?

some people complain about the stupidest things

Cyrope

[14]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    Brodoin15 wrote:

Saying crap is no big deal. Alot of kids now-a-days cuss and do all kinds of crazy things.

Plus it's not like it's a cuss word.

Besides, most American children are already brainwashed with all the TV and video games, I doubt saying "crap," "screw," and "sucks," will add to that. I think alot of kids or teens that watch TDI will turn it to South Park when it's over, or watch something on [adult swim]. And most parents might even know their kids watch that.

But once a cartoon says crap on CN, the world ends.

when the talent show episode aired, Bridgette said crap when she crushed Courtney's violin.

Brodoin15

[15]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 20

In the second episode, when he's about to jump off the cliff, Owen said "I'm going to die, I'm going to freakin' die." Which is not what he says in the American verson. And in the episode in which Gwen get's her skirt torn off, you can tell she says "Ah screw it." Not "skip it." Then, when she reached the top, she was ment to say crap then too.

It's strange how they take out some, but keep other in.

And they can say "screw it up" but not just "screw it." The "screw" means the same thing for both.

Edited on 08/23/2008 8:04pm

Airboy15

[16]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 8
    If TDA won't premiere in October, When will it Air in the USA? Do you mean October in Canada?

avery9967

[17]Aug 24, 2008

um. . .actualy the is going to be the intern in the last episode,I think their going to edit in the top player of the tdi US website instead of keeping the winner from canada.

TeemerDJ

[18]Aug 24, 2008
    what is TDA?

slayr98

[19]Aug 24, 2008

Season 2 of Total Drama Island entitled Total Drama Action.

TDI4ever94

[20]Aug 24, 2008
    Brodoin15 wrote:

It's strange how they take out some, but keep other in.

And they can say "screw it up" but not just "screw it." The "screw" means the same thing for both.

I agree, they're both euphemisms for f***, so what's the difference. Is it because one is an expletive (screw it!) and one is passing blame (screw it up.)?