We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Adults only?!?

Do you want a reality game show that teens can play?

somewierdkid

[1]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 5

As you know, Total Drama is one of the only Reality game shows out there, if not THE only one, that lets teenagers play insted of adults, and it's a freakin' CARTOON!

My ultimate questions are if there are any actual reality games out there that would let teens(like me) play, and if not, why not, and would you want one so you could sign up for/watch one?

Edited on 09/15/2009 1:43pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shishkabob999

[2]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 9
    Not true: CN Real actually has "Survive This", and there was a show that had teenagers sign up to participate in a Survivor-like reality show (a bit less extreme conditions than Survive This, but the challenges were better).

that70sguy92

[3]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 16
    Don't mention CN Real ever again. I hate CN Real.

And there is a show from a couple of years ago, Kid Nation, that let children/teens participate, but it was cancelled because of Child Labor Laws.

alagaesian

[4]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 12

Kid Nation was cool...I was the age of some of the older kids back when that show was still around.

And don't forget Endurance. Never liked the show myself, but it DID have teens compete. Then again, they had all food and shelter completely provided when they got there.

Edited on 09/15/2009 3:59pm

somewierdkid

[5]Sep 15, 2009
    as for Survive This! (ugh), the point was just how to survive, right?
    i mean there wasn't any reason to go there except to just be there.
    i'm taking about one where you win a prize for staying there, like Survivor, I Love Money and what-not.
    as for Endurance, i haven't heard of it. tell me more, please. and have there ever been reality games that didn't take place on an island? (besides I Love Money)

alagaesian

[6]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    There's Big Brother. And The Amazing Race. And Fear Factor. None of them take place on an island.

Endurance is basically like Survivor, except instead of people competing individually, people are hooked up in teams of two, one girl, one boy. There are basically two challenges per round: first, the challenge of the Semati (not sure if I'm spelling it right), where the the winning team can give any other team a handicap in the next challenge. This next challenge is for the right to choose the two teams that go to Temple. Imagine Temple as the campfire ceremony, except the two teams that go there decide who leaves through a dramatic game of rock-paper-scissors. That's about as much as I know - I never watched the show that much. It's basically a sissy form of Survivor.

somewierdkid

[7]Sep 15, 2009
    ahh. thanks! and Big Brother and amazing race wasn't on an island, i forgot! and as for fear factor, i'm talking about the shows that have a continuously-shrinking group of people, not shows that have brand new people every episode.
    thanks for your input though, guys (and girls)!

TDMe

[8]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 7

Endurance

Kid Nation

Who wants to be a Superhero?

somewierdkid

[9]Sep 15, 2009
    Superhero never had teens. i should know. i watched it religously both seasons...though, its been off the air for a while, so my knowledge of it might be a little rusty.

gideonbernstein

[10]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 45
    somewierdkid wrote:

As you know, Total Drama is one of the only Reality game shows out there, if not THE only one, that lets teenagers play insted of adults, and it's a freakin' CARTOON!

My ultimate questions are if there are any actual reality games out there that would let teens(like me) play, and if not, why not, and would you want one so you could sign up for/watch one?

Let me ask you this. Do you really want to risk your dignity, your safety, and even your life as the contestants of Total Drama and real reality shows do? Do you really think that all that fame and money is worth all that humiliation and danger?

TDMe

[11]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 7

somewierdkid wrote:
    Superhero never had teens. i should know. i watched it religously both seasons...though, its been off the air for a while, so my knowledge of it might be a little rusty.

Im talking about the UK. They had kids on it

n5d25d90

[12]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 8
    gideonbernstein wrote:
    somewierdkid wrote:

Let me ask you this. Do you really want to risk your dignity, your safety, and even your life as the contestants of Total Drama and real reality shows do? Do you really think that all that fame and money is worth all that humiliation and danger?

That's a good point. Sometimes, even the adults in reality shows can't handle the humiliation, danger, loss of dignity, and everything else that comes with the package of a reality game show.

gideonbernstein

[13]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 45
    n5d25d90 wrote:
    gideonbernstein wrote:
    somewierdkid wrote:

That's a good point. Sometimes, even the adults in reality shows can't handle the humiliation, danger, loss of dignity, and everything else that comes with the package of a reality game show.

True. The cotestants in reality shows often get badly hurt as well. Sooner or later, one of them is going to get killed.