We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Penguins of Madagascar Forums

Saturday 10:00 AM on NickelodeonIn Season

Marlene... Really?

halfhuman007

[1]Aug 29, 2009
    • level: 5
    So I was wondering about Marlene's name... Isn't she an Oriental otter? From somewhere in Asia? You can see pictures on her wall, that she knows she's from somewhere in Asia (I can't say for certain where, because just to guess would be kinda racist.), went to California (as displayed in the Golden Gate Bridge) and then came to New York (The Statue of Liberty). So how'd she end up with a name like Marlene? Don't get me wrong, it's a cute name, and the voice actor who plays her (Nicole Sullivan) is HILARIOUS! (I keep waiting for her to say "...Tchyah, you know what? Huh-uh.") but are they ever going to do a background story on her? She's still pretty much an enigma.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

StellaMagic

[2]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 18
    In "Otter Gone Wild" Marlene was said to have been born in captivity. She may be an asian otter, but that does not mean she was born in Asia.

halfhuman007

[3]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    If that's so, then where is she from? I mean, I'm asking out of curiosity, not to be asinine or anything, just wondering.

Tellaphone

[4]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 8
    Wow u wrote alot on that first quote

Ryuu_Lynx

[5]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 3

It's hinted that she was transfered to the zoo from an aquarium, other than that we don't know where the aquarium is so we don't know where she's from. Still, for an Asian to have a foreign name is not so rare, so I don't see why an Asian otter having a German name is so strange.

Schwarzwald

[6]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 6
    halfhuman007 wrote:
    If that's so, then where is she from? I mean, I'm asking out of curiosity, not to be asinine or anything, just wondering.
    The creators have expressed that she's from the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California. It's likely that she was born there.
    Edited on 09/09/2009 2:42pm