We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Someone's in the kitchen with Sandy

Sabrespongebob

[62]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 16
    ^ no ones forcing you to watch it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SeaSpongez

[63]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 14
    NegiSpongie wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    Sabrespongebob wrote:
    ^as alot (and i mean alot) of other people say ITS A CARTOON its not meant to be real to life the show would be boring if all the characters were clever
    Well, I guess it'd be fine if not all the characters were clever, but they shouldn't get to the point where they're completely dumb!
    You're right, why don't the writers make Patrick a genius?
    Then he wouldn't be Parick anymore.
    Ya, that's the point I was making, you did know I was being sarcastic right?

Tkerekes13

[64]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 29
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

Birdette wrote:
    I didn't like that scene, mostly because it dragged on for too long. I swear, I could get a headache from listening to Spongebob's "Ooh, try again!" comment. I never understood Sandy's part in the story. It's wrong for a squirrel to be naked for one day, while almost everyone else is naked ALL THE TIME? The way people threw things at her and yelled at her bugged me. All I like is how people mistook her for a ferret. And, it also bugs me how stupid the cops are. They sit there for thirty minutes trying to remember a name, completely ignore theft of food, and accuse people for all the wrong reasons. It's as if the show is trying to imitate real life, which I think it shouldn't.
    FINALLY, somebody else agrees with me about how completely screwed up this episode is! I guess the "Try again" scene you mentioned did kinda drag on, and about a squirrel being naked while almost everybody else is naked, all I can say is, what were the writers thinking?! However, I guess I can understand Sandy being mistaken for a ferret since ferrets are rodents too, but what really bugs me is that, even if they knew Sandy was a squirrel, it's just another example of how completely stupid a lot of residents in Bikini Bottom are!

And above all that, I completely agree with you about the way the cops are portrayed on this show! A lot of shows on Nickelodeon (and I guess a couple of other channels) portray cops that way! Additionally, they don't listen to reason, they don't know who's the real criminal, they don't let people tell their sides of the story, they don't act nice all the time, and they don't even let people off with warnings! What is Nickelodeon thinking?!

And I don't care if it's just a cartoon. Even cartoons have to have some sense of realism.

"SpongeBob" is just a simple cartoon that has no continuity nor is to make sense at all. I mean, the show stars talking sea animals who walk rather than swim and are never completely accurate with their actual species' anatomy (i.e. SpongeBob being able to walk and talk when real sea sponges stay in one place and can't move). The show is chalkful of inconsistencies, so trying to analyze each one is just ridiculous. If you really don't like the quality of the show, just don't watch it.
    That's the trouble with some of today's cartoons. They hardly have any consistencies at all, and trying to analyze each one is not ridiculous. Besides, the first seasons of Spongebob were better and had better sense than today's seasons. Also, I'm not trying to keep everything realistic, all I'm saying is that this show is becoming pretty hard to figure out, and with that being said, it kinda makes you wonder why or how the writers would come up with ideas that are twisted and unpredictable.

SeaSpongez

[65]Sep 14, 2009
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

Birdette wrote:
    I didn't like that scene, mostly because it dragged on for too long. I swear, I could get a headache from listening to Spongebob's "Ooh, try again!" comment. I never understood Sandy's part in the story. It's wrong for a squirrel to be naked for one day, while almost everyone else is naked ALL THE TIME? The way people threw things at her and yelled at her bugged me. All I like is how people mistook her for a ferret. And, it also bugs me how stupid the cops are. They sit there for thirty minutes trying to remember a name, completely ignore theft of food, and accuse people for all the wrong reasons. It's as if the show is trying to imitate real life, which I think it shouldn't.
    FINALLY, somebody else agrees with me about how completely screwed up this episode is! I guess the "Try again" scene you mentioned did kinda drag on, and about a squirrel being naked while almost everybody else is naked, all I can say is, what were the writers thinking?! However, I guess I can understand Sandy being mistaken for a ferret since ferrets are rodents too, but what really bugs me is that, even if they knew Sandy was a squirrel, it's just another example of how completely stupid a lot of residents in Bikini Bottom are!

And above all that, I completely agree with you about the way the cops are portrayed on this show! A lot of shows on Nickelodeon (and I guess a couple of other channels) portray cops that way! Additionally, they don't listen to reason, they don't know who's the real criminal, they don't let people tell their sides of the story, they don't act nice all the time, and they don't even let people off with warnings! What is Nickelodeon thinking?!

And I don't care if it's just a cartoon. Even cartoons have to have some sense of realism.

"SpongeBob" is just a simple cartoon that has no continuity nor is to make sense at all. I mean, the show stars talking sea animals who walk rather than swim and are never completely accurate with their actual species' anatomy (i.e. SpongeBob being able to walk and talk when real sea sponges stay in one place and can't move). The show is chalkful of inconsistencies, so trying to analyze each one is just ridiculous. If you really don't like the quality of the show, just don't watch it.
    That's the trouble with some of today's cartoons. They hardly have any consistencies at all, and trying to analyze each one is not ridiculous. Besides, the first seasons of Spongebob were better and had better sense than today's seasons. Also, I'm not trying to keep everything realistic, all I'm saying is that this show is becoming pretty hard to figure out, and with that being said, it kinda makes you wonder why or how the writers would come up with ideas that are twisted and unpredictable.
    1. When were cartoons EVER realistic? Maybe a very select few like Doug and As Told By Ginger, but those were actually supposed to be realistic, not comedic.

2. SpongeBob is meant to be LAUGHED at, not analyzed. 3. Once again, SpongeBob is meant to be LAUGHED at, liking a season better for being more realistic than comedic is crazy.

4. SpongeBob is a silly show, and being twisted and unpredictable are parts of being a silly show.

Clearly you should not watch SpongeBob. You are clearly watching it for realism, which is a sense you should completely forget while watching a show like this.

SpongeSebastian

[66]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 41
    ^Agreed. SpongeBob is famous for having the kind of the humor that is simple, yet farfetched. It even mentions in the theme song that the show has "nautical nonsense". While I respect your opinion, Tkerekes13, I suggest that you should simply not watch the show if you do not like its content.

Birdette

[67]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 4
    You people really don't know much about arguments if you think you can dish out "It's a cartoon" at any moment and end it. The thing is, we really don't care if it's a cartoon or not. It still bugs us, and, yeah, we'll complain about it if we want to.

Sabrespongebob

[68]Sep 15, 2009
    ^are you still here Birdette

Tkerekes13

[69]Sep 16, 2009
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

Birdette wrote:

1. When were cartoons EVER realistic? Maybe a very select few like Doug and As Told By Ginger, but those were actually supposed to be realistic, not comedic. 2. SpongeBob is meant to be LAUGHED at, not analyzed. 3. Once again, SpongeBob is meant to be LAUGHED at, liking a season better for being more realistic than comedic is crazy. 4. SpongeBob is a silly show, and being twisted and unpredictable are parts of being a silly show. Clearly you should not watch SpongeBob. You are clearly watching it for realism, which is a sense you should completely forget while watching a show like this.
    1. Okay, I'll admit that cartoons aren't ENTIRELY realistic, but keep in mind that some cartoons, such as SatAM (we all know that one!), had SOME sense of realism, despite all their fantasy satires. Besides, even realism can be put to comedic use.

2. I understand, but being a critic, I feel it's only fair that I point some stuff that some people should know about.

3. Well, you may think it's crazy, but I don't think it's crazy at all. We all have different points of view.

4. I'll take your word on the show being twisted and unpredictable, which is fine as long as it doesn't get twisted and unpredictable enough to the point where it becomes less and less innocent, unlike Warner Bros. cartoons such as Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Pinky and the Brain. At least Warner Bros. manages to keep its cartoon twisted and unpredictable without losing innocence. If I'm watching Spongebob for realism, so sue me. I can't help being a critic.

SeaSpongez

[70]Sep 16, 2009
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

Birdette wrote:

1. When were cartoons EVER realistic? Maybe a very select few like Doug and As Told By Ginger, but those were actually supposed to be realistic, not comedic. 2. SpongeBob is meant to be LAUGHED at, not analyzed. 3. Once again, SpongeBob is meant to be LAUGHED at, liking a season better for being more realistic than comedic is crazy. 4. SpongeBob is a silly show, and being twisted and unpredictable are parts of being a silly show. Clearly you should not watch SpongeBob. You are clearly watching it for realism, which is a sense you should completely forget while watching a show like this.
    1. Okay, I'll admit that cartoons aren't ENTIRELY realistic, but keep in mind that some cartoons, such as SatAM (we all know that one!), had SOME sense of realism, despite all their fantasy satires. Besides, even realism can be put to comedic use.

2. I understand, but being a critic, I feel it's only fair that I point some stuff that some people should know about.

3. Well, you may think it's crazy, but I don't think it's crazy at all. We all have different points of view.

4. I'll take your word on the show being twisted and unpredictable, which is fine as long as it doesn't get twisted and unpredictable enough to the point where it becomes less and less innocent, unlike Warner Bros. cartoons such as Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and Pinky and the Brain. At least Warner Bros. manages to keep its cartoon twisted and unpredictable without losing innocence. If I'm watching Spongebob for realism, so sue me. I can't help being a critic.

1. I did say that some cartoons were realistic. But SpongeBob is one of them. At all. 'Nuff said.

2. Yes, but your criticizing points that the show doesn't try too well, like realism, because it isn't that type of show.

3. Sigh, not liking a comedy for lack of realism is like not liking a drama for lack of comedy. It just plain isn't what the show is trying to do, and SHOULDN'T try to do.

4. SPONGE. BOB. ISN'T. MEANT. FOR. REALISM. Gosh, if I wrote a report on the history of a certain town, would the teacher fail me for not giving any info on another? You can't criticize something for the lack of a thing it's not trying to do.

Let's end this argument. We're just repeating the same things.

Tkerekes13

[71]Sep 17, 2009
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

Birdette wrote:

1. I did say that some cartoons were realistic. But SpongeBob is one of them. At all. 'Nuff said. 2. Yes, but your criticizing points that the show doesn't try too well, like realism, because it isn't that type of show. 3. Sigh, not liking a comedy for lack of realism is like not liking a drama for lack of comedy. It just plain isn't what the show is trying to do, and SHOULDN'T try to do. 4. SPONGE. BOB. ISN'T. MEANT. FOR. REALISM. Gosh, if I wrote a report on the history of a certain town, would the teacher fail me for not giving any info on another? You can't criticize something for the lack of a thing it's not trying to do. Let's end this argument. We're just repeating the same things.
    1. I'll take your word.

2. Of course it isn't that type of show. It's just that there are parts on the show that I can never quite figure out, but if it's all meant to be jokes, then maybe there aren't much reasons to think them over.

3. Well, to be honest, normally I can accept comedy without realism, and I also believe that sometimes you can't have drama without comedy.

4. I guess the teacher wouldn't do that, unless giving info on another was necessary. Besides, I understand that Spongebob isn't meant for realism, but somehow I can't help but feel that comedy should have some sense of realism. As Zoboomafoo would say, "This kinda feelin' I can't explain!"

Okay, let's end it.

that70sguy92

[72]Sep 19, 2009
    That. Was. The. Most. Ridiculous. And. Yet. Hilarious. Argument. EVER!

You came to SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS for realism? That's like going to The Secret Life of the American Teenager for great acting. Not gonna happen. You watch it for other aspects of the show. And if you can't find part of the show that you don't like, then don't watch it.

Tkerekes13

[73]Sep 20, 2009
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    That. Was. The. Most. Ridiculous. And. Yet. Hilarious. Argument. EVER! You came to SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS for realism? That's like going to The Secret Life of the American Teenager for great acting. Not gonna happen. You watch it for other aspects of the show. And if you can't find part of the show that you don't like, then don't watch it.
    You're a fine one to get involved in this. You think I don't know what goes on with Sandy? Well, I bet it's a conspiracy, and all the writers are in on it!

SeaSpongez

[74]Sep 20, 2009
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    That. Was. The. Most. Ridiculous. And. Yet. Hilarious. Argument. EVER! You came to SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS for realism? That's like going to The Secret Life of the American Teenager for great acting. Not gonna happen. You watch it for other aspects of the show. And if you can't find part of the show that you don't like, then don't watch it.
    You're a fine one to get involved in this. You think I don't know what goes on with Sandy? Well, I bet it's a conspiracy, and all the writers are in on it!
    *facepalm*

A conspiracy...against a cartoon squirrel? *double facepalm*

woahwoah678

[76]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 28
    Dudes,it's a cartoon,anything can happen.It's not like real live.EENE does that all the time.Anyways,the cops are stupid!They arested people for not doing anything.For example,in Party Pooper Pants,they arrested Spongebob for not inviting them to his party.They should get fired for that.It's stupid.And they arrested Mr Krabs for stealing his own formula and they were cruel to him by making him watch Spongebob sell free krabby patties.They should get fired for this and I just wanna stab them in the eye.The cops are stupid,so that's why they arrested Sandy.

Tkerekes13

[77]Sep 21, 2009
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    *facepalm* A conspiracy...against a cartoon squirrel? *double facepalm*
    I don't really mean that. It just seems like it. That's all I'm saying.

Tkerekes13

[78]Sep 21, 2009
    woahwoah678 wrote:
    Dudes,it's a cartoon,anything can happen.It's not like real live.EENE does that all the time.Anyways,the cops are stupid!They arested people for not doing anything.For example,in Party Pooper Pants,they arrested Spongebob for not inviting them to his party.They should get fired for that.It's stupid.And they arrested Mr Krabs for stealing his own formula and they were cruel to him by making him watch Spongebob sell free krabby patties.They should get fired for this and I just wanna stab them in the eye.The cops are stupid,so that's why they arrested Sandy.
    I understand that the cops are stupid. What I don't understand is why.

SeaSpongez

[79]Sep 21, 2009
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    woahwoah678 wrote:
    For comedy.

Tkerekes13

[80]Sep 21, 2009
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    woahwoah678 wrote:
    For comedy.
    Well, if you ask me, it makes real cops look bad.