We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Someone's in the kitchen with Sandy

NegiSpongie

[41]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 20
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    Sabrespongebob wrote:
    i hate when mrs puff goes to jail she goes to jail like in every episode (with her in)
    She has only been to jail like 4 times (Hall Monitor, Doing Time, No Free Rides and Ditchin') and I always find it funny. Sandy going to jail was a different twist, even if it was unfair and all. Now all main characters have been arrested!
    It was indeed unfair! Maybe Sandy could have also told the cops that, eventhough it wasn't entirely her fault, it was only her first offense and have them let her off with a warning. What do you think of that?
    Well, if you notice in episodes, the cops of Bikini Bottom aren't exactly the fairest at times. They put people in jail for littering.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tkerekes13

[43]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 29
    NegiSpongie wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    JellyFishJammer wrote:
    Sabrespongebob wrote:
    i hate when mrs puff goes to jail she goes to jail like in every episode (with her in)
    She has only been to jail like 4 times (Hall Monitor, Doing Time, No Free Rides and Ditchin' and I always find it funny. Sandy going to jail was a different twist, even if it was unfair and all. Now all main characters have been arrested!
    It was indeed unfair! Maybe Sandy could have also told the cops that, eventhough it wasn't entirely her fault, it was only her first offense and have them let her off with a warning. What do you think of that?
    Well, if you notice in episodes, the cops of Bikini Bottom aren't exactly the fairest at times. They put people in jail for littering.
    You do have a point, but maybe Sandy could have been smart enough to speak in her own defense as well as in somebody else's defense.

SpongeSebastian

[44]Sep 3, 2009
    • level: 41
    ^Well, it also doesn't make much sense how she's able to take off her fur pelt like a suit (although that's been anthropomorphic cartoon physics since the old "Tom and Jerry" days), let alone wear two separate bikinis under her fur and over her fur. They just did that because this is Nickelodeon they're talking about. Besides, who knows? Maybe they acquitted her after her trial.

Tkerekes13

[45]Sep 4, 2009
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    ^Well, it also doesn't make much sense how she's able to take off her fur pelt like a suit (although that's been anthropomorphic cartoon physics since the old "Tom and Jerry" days), let alone wear two separate bikinis under her fur and over her fur. They just did that because this is Nickelodeon they're talking about. Besides, who knows? Maybe they acquitted her after her trial.
    What does "acquitted" mean?

SpongeSebastian

[46]Sep 4, 2009
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    To be found "not guilty".

Tkerekes13

[47]Sep 5, 2009
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    SpongeSebastian wrote:
    To be found "not guilty".
    Thanks.

woahwoah678

[48]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 28
    A scene that was a nonstop laughing part was when Spongebob was teaching fake Sandy to make a Krabby Patty and he keeps failing,making Spongebob say "Try Again".I couldn't stop laughing at that part!

SeaSpongez

[49]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 14
    I liked this episode. Plankton's impersonations of Sandy were my favorite parts.

CF3689

[50]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 22

woahwoah678 wrote:
    A scene that was a nonstop laughing part was when Spongebob was teaching fake Sandy to make a Krabby Patty and he keeps failing,making Spongebob say "Try Again".I couldn't stop laughing at that part!

Yeah, that part was hilarious

Birdette

[51]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 4
    I didn't like that scene, mostly because it dragged on for too long. I swear, I could get a headache from listening to Spongebob's "Ooh, try again!" comment.
    I never understood Sandy's part in the story. It's wrong for a squirrel to be naked for one day, while almost everyone else is naked ALL THE TIME? The way people threw things at her and yelled at her bugged me. All I like is how people mistook her for a ferret.

And, it also bugs me how stupid the cops are. They sit there for thirty minutes trying to remember a name, completely ignore theft of food, and accuse people for all the wrong reasons. It's as if the show is trying to imitate real life, which I think it shouldn't.

SeaSpongez

[52]Sep 10, 2009
    Birdette wrote:
    And, it also bugs me how stupid the cops are. They sit there for thirty minutes trying to remember a name, completely ignore theft of food, and accuse people for all the wrong reasons. It's as if the show is trying to imitate real life, which I think it shouldn't.
    You HONESTLY think SPONGEBOB is trying to imitate real life? It is 100 percent comedy, no realism.

Also, the episode was 11 minutes, so obviously it didn't take them 30 minutes.

NegiSpongie

[53]Sep 10, 2009
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    Birdette wrote:
    You HONESTLY think SPONGEBOB is trying to imitate real life? It is 100 percent comedy, no realism.

Also, the episode was 11 minutes, so obviously it didn't take them 30 minutes.

Plus SpongeBob is a CHILDREN show, so anything that looks or sounds unrealistic is supposed to be.

CF3689

[54]Sep 10, 2009
    • level: 22

SeaSpongez wrote:
    Birdette wrote:
    You HONESTLY think SPONGEBOB is trying to imitate real life? It is 100 percent comedy, no realism. Also, the episode was 11 minutes, so obviously it didn't take them 30 minutes.

Yeah, I agree.

Tkerekes13

[55]Sep 11, 2009

Birdette wrote:
    I didn't like that scene, mostly because it dragged on for too long. I swear, I could get a headache from listening to Spongebob's "Ooh, try again!" comment. I never understood Sandy's part in the story. It's wrong for a squirrel to be naked for one day, while almost everyone else is naked ALL THE TIME? The way people threw things at her and yelled at her bugged me. All I like is how people mistook her for a ferret. And, it also bugs me how stupid the cops are. They sit there for thirty minutes trying to remember a name, completely ignore theft of food, and accuse people for all the wrong reasons. It's as if the show is trying to imitate real life, which I think it shouldn't.
    FINALLY, somebody else agrees with me about how completely screwed up this episode is! I guess the "Try again" scene you mentioned did kinda drag on, and about a squirrel being naked while almost everybody else is naked, all I can say is, what were the writers thinking?! However, I guess I can understand Sandy being mistaken for a ferret since ferrets are rodents too, but what really bugs me is that, even if they knew Sandy was a squirrel, it's just another example of how completely stupid a lot of residents in Bikini Bottom are!

And above all that, I completely agree with you about the way the cops are portrayed on this show! A lot of shows on Nickelodeon (and I guess a couple of other channels) portray cops that way! Additionally, they don't listen to reason, they don't know who's the real criminal, they don't let people tell their sides of the story, they don't act nice all the time, and they don't even let people off with warnings! What is Nickelodeon thinking?!

And I don't care if it's just a cartoon. Even cartoons have to have some sense of realism.

Edited on 09/11/2009 9:22am

Sabrespongebob

[56]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 16
    ^as alot (and i mean alot) of other people say ITS A CARTOON its not meant to be real to life the show would be boring if all the characters were clever

Tkerekes13

[57]Sep 11, 2009
    Sabrespongebob wrote:
    ^as alot (and i mean alot) of other people say ITS A CARTOON its not meant to be real to life the show would be boring if all the characters were clever
    Well, I guess it'd be fine if not all the characters were clever, but they shouldn't get to the point where they're completely dumb!

SeaSpongez

[58]Sep 11, 2009
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    Sabrespongebob wrote:
    Well, I guess it'd be fine if not all the characters were clever, but they shouldn't get to the point where they're completely dumb!
    You're right, why don't the writers make Patrick a genius?

NegiSpongie

[59]Sep 11, 2009
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    Tkerekes13 wrote:
    Sabrespongebob wrote:
    You're right, why don't the writers make Patrick a genius?
    Then he wouldn't be Parick anymore.

SpongeSebastian

[60]Sep 11, 2009
    Tkerekes13 wrote:

Birdette wrote:
    I didn't like that scene, mostly because it dragged on for too long. I swear, I could get a headache from listening to Spongebob's "Ooh, try again!" comment. I never understood Sandy's part in the story. It's wrong for a squirrel to be naked for one day, while almost everyone else is naked ALL THE TIME? The way people threw things at her and yelled at her bugged me. All I like is how people mistook her for a ferret. And, it also bugs me how stupid the cops are. They sit there for thirty minutes trying to remember a name, completely ignore theft of food, and accuse people for all the wrong reasons. It's as if the show is trying to imitate real life, which I think it shouldn't.
    FINALLY, somebody else agrees with me about how completely screwed up this episode is! I guess the "Try again" scene you mentioned did kinda drag on, and about a squirrel being naked while almost everybody else is naked, all I can say is, what were the writers thinking?! However, I guess I can understand Sandy being mistaken for a ferret since ferrets are rodents too, but what really bugs me is that, even if they knew Sandy was a squirrel, it's just another example of how completely stupid a lot of residents in Bikini Bottom are!

And above all that, I completely agree with you about the way the cops are portrayed on this show! A lot of shows on Nickelodeon (and I guess a couple of other channels) portray cops that way! Additionally, they don't listen to reason, they don't know who's the real criminal, they don't let people tell their sides of the story, they don't act nice all the time, and they don't even let people off with warnings! What is Nickelodeon thinking?!

And I don't care if it's just a cartoon. Even cartoons have to have some sense of realism.

"SpongeBob" is just a simple cartoon that has no continuity nor is to make sense at all. I mean, the show stars talking sea animals who walk rather than swim and are never completely accurate with their actual species' anatomy (i.e. SpongeBob being able to walk and talk when real sea sponges stay in one place and can't move). The show is chalkful of inconsistencies, so trying to analyze each one is just ridiculous. If you really don't like the quality of the show, just don't watch it.