We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

why is icarly self-contradicting?

teenj12

[21]Dec 12, 2010
    • level: 26
    sockstar wrote:
    There's another idea now.. that they were watching the Drew and Jerry (iirc) show that ended up being made as a show that Drake And Josh watched.

Which could mean the 4 shows all exist together, as well as all the actors (since Drake the actor showed up on Zoey 101), meaning you'd have multiple look-alikes of the actors who played them, like 4 Victoria Justice's (Lola, Shelby, Tori and then Victoria herself), and the same for Miranda and Jenette. Lol.

Imagine 4 Miranda's *drool*
    Exactlty.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[22]Dec 12, 2010
    • level: 16
    4 MIRANDAS. MY MIND IS BLOWN. If schilling were here he'd be all over this thread. He would probably say that Tori, Shelby, Victoria, and Lola are all the same person who has lived through multiple identities in past lives. :l

teenj12

[23]Dec 13, 2010
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    4 MIRANDAS. MY MIND IS BLOWN. If schilling were here he'd be all over this thread. He would probably say that Tori, Shelby, Victoria, and Lola are all the same person who has lived through multiple identities in past lives. :l
    Almost forgot about him :1 .

sockstar

[24]Dec 13, 2010
    • level: 12

Oh wow. I just realised Miranda appears as herself on Big Time Rush.. which means that Big Time Rush is now part of that iCarly/Zoey101/Drake And Josh/Victorious and "Real Life" (ie, with Drake Bell being a real person in the same way that Drake Parker is) shared universe.

Oh lord.

Miranda played herself on an episode of the Naked Brothers Band.

So add that show to the cross-over.

Edited on 12/13/2010 10:46pm

vanillacupcakes

[25]Dec 14, 2010
    Ughhh this sounds like a crossover I would not like to see. -_-

teenj12

[26]Dec 15, 2010
    sockstar wrote:

Oh wow. I just realised Miranda appears as herself on Big Time Rush.. which means that Big Time Rush is now part of that iCarly/Zoey101/Drake And Josh/Victorious and "Real Life" (ie, with Drake Bell being a real person in the same way that Drake Parker is) shared universe.

Oh lord.

Miranda played herself on an episode of the Naked Brothers Band.

So add that show to the cross-over.

Actually, no.In BTR and NBB, they know Miranda as the actress, not Carly or Megan.

vanillacupcakes

[27]Dec 15, 2010
    That's his point. It's like Drake Bell appearing on Zoey 101 as himself. In recursive canon the actors are also included into their "universe" and connects all the shows together. At least I think...I've been slightly confused. =/

sockstar

[28]Dec 16, 2010
    Yeah. It's confusing :S

With Drake showing up on Zoey as himself, it implies that all the other real actors are also 'themselves' and exist along with Zoey/Carly/Drake Parker etc.

teenj12

[29]Dec 16, 2010
    sockstar wrote:
    Yeah. It's confusing :S

With Drake showing up on Zoey as himself, it implies that all the other real actors are also 'themselves' and exist along with Zoey/Carly/Drake Parker etc.
    That really doesn't seem like the case on BTR, BUT Carly Shay was watching Miranda Cosgrove on D and J in iGet Pranky, so maybe your theory is partially true.

MusicAddictBabe

[30]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 18
    Wow. Intense. I'm pretty sure Dan just used the characters in iSaFW because it was like a reference joke type of thing. I don't think he even put much thought about iGP into this episode. It was just for laughs where you could watch them and think, "Oh, wow, I remember them!"

My opinion, just saying.

stui8

[31]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 30

yes i agree. i really don't think Dan meant for it to become this big. he just referenced Drake and Josh shortly in IGP and them brought back small charectrs from previous shows. I feel we may get to meet freddy's crazy cousin amanda and i think it may be Amanda Bynes.

vanillacupcakes

[32]Dec 18, 2010
    I don't think Dan means for the majority of the stuff on iCarly that is picked apart to be as "big" as fans make it. I think it's fun to overanalyze and think about though and the whole crossover is interesting. But I agree with MAB and stu(especially about the cousin Amanda part )

teenj12

[33]Dec 18, 2010
    stui8 wrote:

yes i agree. i really don't think Dan meant for it to become this big. he just referenced Drake and Josh shortly in IGP and them brought back small charectrs from previous shows. I feel we may get to meet freddy's crazy cousin amanda and i think it may be Amanda Bynes.

That would be funny ^_^.

Diamondgrl13

[34]Dec 18, 2010
    • level: 6
    teenj12 wrote:
    stui8 wrote:

That would be funny ^_^.

It would be AWESOME! :-D

sockstar

[35]Dec 19, 2010
    Of course he didn't mean for it to be taken like that.

It's just fun as a fan to make all these connections and stuff.

stui8

[36]Dec 19, 2010
    • level: 30

sockstar wrote:
    Of course he didn't mean for it to be taken like that. It's just fun as a fan to make all these connections and stuff.

yes but sometimes people go to far.

teenj12

[37]Dec 19, 2010
    stui8 wrote:

sockstar wrote:
    Of course he didn't mean for it to be taken like that. It's just fun as a fan to make all these connections and stuff.

yes but sometimes people go to far.

Good point.

MusicAddictBabe

[38]Dec 19, 2010
    • level: 18
    Oh, please don't argue about this lol.

Anyway, thanks for agreeing ^^

That is a good point.

And it would be pretty funny if it was Amanda Bynes.

Sorry that was out of order and split into short, separate lines. It's really late and I'm so tired lol.

schillingklaus

[39]Jan 13, 2011

I've already written fanfics with four different roles of Miranda Cosgrove. That's totally easy

And I've beat that with a story using five different roles for Victoria Justice. It's equally straightforward.

But I've never written about Victoria, Shelby, Lola being the same.

Tori is just a mutilation of Victoria, as Freddie is a mutilation of Fredward.

Lola Martinez was a high school junior two years before reappearing as a high school sophomore named Victioria Vega.

Even I haven't found a way to patch that, it would reaquire an even worse conspiracy than Stacy's miraculous on-and-off lisp.

Thus I make Viictioria Vega and Lola Martinez cousins, same goes for Shelby Marx (I take that name as a fake, indicating 'Shelby' to be ashamed of her Hispanic roots)

Having them three years apart seems most reasonable.

Don't forget Victoria Justice's roles in True jackson VP, Spexctacular!, Naked Brothers Band, and The Troop, let alone in Suite Life of Zack and Cody !

However, there's still Daniella Monnet

In Zoey 101, there's no hint about Rebecca's age or surname.

In iPsycho, she's completely anonymous.

Trina isn't hard to identify with Rebecca.

Identifying her with the anonymous girl in iPsycho is harder for geographical reasons, but may be resolved.

After all, I decided in most of my stories to identify Rebecca and Trina like this:

Lola was tired of Zoey being too stupid to realise Chase's feelings. She persuaded Chase into making Zoey jealous, using another girl. This girl happened to be Trina Vega, a wannabe actress needing practice for lovebird scenes.
    In addition, Trina wanted money for kissing a disgusting dweeb like Chase in the right moment.
    She didn't get that and turned later on very mean to Zoey.

The iPsycho girl is then just a cousin of Trina aka Rebecca living in Washington.

Thus everything falls in place with ease without making iCarly
    self-contradicting

Edited on 01/13/2011 5:59am

vanillacupcakes

[40]Jan 13, 2011
    SCHILLING YOU'RE BACK!! We missed you! Well at least some of us did.
    I knew this thread seemed to be a topic of interest for you. If you are connecting the roles of everybody with all the roles, even outside of Nickelodeon then wouldn't you need to include Miranda in "The Good Wife", "School of Rock", and "Yours, Mine, and Ours" as well?? What about animated voices?? Do you think "Despicable Me" or Victoria Justice in "Penguins of Madagascar" would count as an animation/sitcom type of crossover?? If you step outside of Nickelodeon so many characters have played numerous roles which makes your idea quite messy and confusing, especially Jane Lynch and Jennette McCurdy.