We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Why does everyone hate Season 1?

marcdragicevic

[21]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 21
    pscf3 wrote:
    I didn't have a I in-between the n and e

marcdragicevic wrote:
    pscf3 wrote:

Yeah, Freddie is a much funner character in later seasons. (Yes, I know that funner technically isn't a word).

frontman19 wrote:

I skipped most of season 1 because when they were younger they were all so annoying. Carly, Sam and Freddie were absolutely one dimensional. I hated Freddie in season 1 (he's one of my favorites now) and thought Sam was way more obnoxious during that period. Plus the episodes weren't that funny.

*funnier*- Actually, I'm pretty sure that is an actual word. No doubt about that.

Yeah, I know. I was correcting it for you. I thought you meant to spell it like that. :S
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[22]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 16

I hated how they tried to make it all "dramatic" sometimes. It's not really dramatic, they justplay this cheesy sad music andthey're momentarilydisappointed. Like at the end of iMight Switch Schools, iHatch Chicks, iWanna Stay with Spencer(but I kind of liked that one), iWant a World
    Record, iDon't Want to Fight, etc. It's just my taste. I kind of like the pointless just for laughs type of episodes like iPie and iBelieve in Bigfoot. I also hated Freddie in Season 1. I sort of thought that Carly was too good for him and he should just leave her alone and quit bugging her to go out with him. I hate in real life how people don't get over it and think they can win by "determination". Now my view on Creddie changed completely as Freddie and the Creddie relationship matured. There were also more Seddie moments, which made things more shippy and more interesting. Also I think their acting overall got better. I feel the jokes have gotten better over time and when Dan started to interact with fans and post funfacts, everything got a lot more interesting. That is probably why I wasn't a fan of iCarly at all until the 2nd season.

marcdragicevic

[23]Jul 16, 2010
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

I hated how they tried to make it all "dramatic" sometimes. It's not really dramatic, they justplay this cheesy sad music andthey're momentarilydisappointed. Like at the end of iMight Switch Schools, iHatch Chicks, iWanna Stay with Spencer(but I kind of liked that one), iWant a World
    Record, iDon't Want to Fight, etc. It's just my taste. I kind of like the pointless just for laughs type of episodes like iPie and iBelieve in Bigfoot. I also hated Freddie in Season 1. I sort of thought that Carly was too good for him and he should just leave her alone and quit bugging her to go out with him. I hate in real life how people don't get over it and think they can win by "determination". Now my view on Creddie changed completely as Freddie and the Creddie relationship matured. There were also more Seddie moments, which made things more shippy and more interesting. Also I think their acting overall got better. I feel the jokes have gotten better over time and when Dan started to interact with fans and post funfacts, everything got a lot more interesting. That is probably why I wasn't a fan of iCarly at all until the 2nd season.

Yeah, the fun fact's make the episodes even better.

pscf3

[24]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 16

I didn't watch nick at all until icarly was in it's mid-second season, so I've always know season 1 as "the early episodes" I totally agree with the shipping thing. I started to like creddie while watching season 2. If I had watched it when it was season 1 only, I think I wouldn't have "shipped" at all.

The fun facts have deffienty helped me like the show better, too.

vanillacupcakes wrote:

Edited on 07/16/2010 10:19am

CATTVSHOW

[25]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 3
    Season 1 was the best all the Characters were SO MUCH MORE FUNNY i find them too dramatic sort of ppl r turning this show into a romance with Seddie and Creddie which gets annoying. WHEN THE SHOW IS A SITCOM so dont expect romance all the time. Season 1 Carly Sam Freddie and Spencer were much more hilarious i felt like much more alive. Miranda's character carly is starting to lack alot of Comedy i think i also think Sam is lacking comedy she use to say alot of funny things before but now eh i dunno even though in iPsycho and iBeat the heat she was HILARIOUS its not the same sam i feel like . i also feel like Freddie is boring sort of. Spencer i think is the only one that still is in the same character sort of i think Dan should take a look at season 1 and try to put that comedy back in

marcdragicevic

[26]Jul 18, 2010
    I just wish that to make Season 1 'better'. Someone should put the full episodes all in one 'DVD.' Don't split them into volume's and put blooper's on there for every episode as well.

Southparkfa

[27]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 18

It's ok, but I definitly think there were some weak episodes there. So i'd say it's inbetween 2 and 3

NatalieTV100

[28]Aug 14, 2010
    • level: 10

I liked season one. I thought it was cute and funny. I think the reason why some people don't like season one is because a lot fo the characters were immature and annoying(I always thought Freddie was annoying in season one) and that everything was overdramatized and over the top. Like iWanna Stay with Spencer for example, it was obvious that Carly wasn't going to go to Yakima, but everything in the episode was so overdramatized. Personally my favorite season so far is season two. I was sort of like a more mature version of season one with slightly better plot lines.