We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Why?

teenj12

[1]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 26

This is the thread to explain why you ship seddie or why you ship creddie. What makes one better than the other?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

taillow22

[2]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 11

I used to be a die-hard seddier, but now I really couldn't care less

Diamondgrl13

[3]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 6
    Idk if I OFFICIALLY subscribe to the whole "shipping" thing (and btw, why is it called "shipping" anyway??) but I do think if I were to pick, I'd lean towards Seddie, only because I think it's cuter. Idk, I don't really like Creddie together as much. I think I've mostly been influenced by all the fanfiction I've read, lol. But honestly, I don't care that much-I'd be happy with either!!

RomanZolanski

[4]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 12
    I rlly didn't even think of Sam and Freddie as a couple when the show first came out, I was just rolling my eyes on how Freddie (the main guy) falls in love with Carly (the main girl).

But as the series went on, and especially Sam and Freddie's kiss, I was like, "Dan HAS to make them a couple!" And I looked on threads and stuff, and after seeing SOOOO many Seddie fans out there, my shipment towards them increased.

There are so many Seddie moments, like when Sam got sad after seeing Freddie dancing with Carly in "iSpeed Date", and the way she always makes fun of him is cute

But, now that the show is on its fourth season, I just lost interest and hope in them :\

I am still a Seddie shipper, but I just don't think it should happen, like it feels like it's too late (one of those now or never feelings).

Carly should probably find a guy that will just pop into the show, and become a recurring character (like Adam in "iStart a Fan War"; I hope the TWIST is that they become a couple), Freddie should just be single for the rest of the season/series, Spencer should get married in like the series finale, and Sam, should just do something out of the blue and admit that she's a lesbien Idk, it would be REALLY interesting if she did, though. And Gibby should still be with Tasha (although, they may have broken up b/c Gibby was checking out girl @ the Groovie Smoothie in "iSam's Mom").

I just don't want Dan to pull a "Zoey 101" and have EVERY main character (with the exception of Dustin and James) be in a relationship by the series finale.

JonathonWolf

[5]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 10
    My opinion is both and neither. I think it's been stated that Dan purposefully puts in evidence to suggest that either could happen, or neither. Even though it's a tween show, it still falls under the Moonlighting Curse. If you get two lead characters together, it radically changes the dynamic and eliminates the will-they/won't-they tension. If I had to choose one over the other, I'd say Seddie. After all this time, Freddie has got to be feeling some kind of resentment towards Carlie for pretty much choosing everyone but him. And there's been guys she's crushed on that aren't that different from him. It's like Mrs. Benson's line way back when: "Why won't you love my son!" Eventually, Freddie has to start wondering what is so wrong with him that other girls like him; but Carlie makes him keep his space.

Seddie is the whole slap, slap, kiss thing. I don't see that as a healthy relationship if she continues to physically assault him like in iGet Pranky. And Carlie's reaction suggests just how common it is. They have been getting more friendly with each other as time goes by, though.

The term ship comes from relationship. You want two characters to get into a relationship. Or 'ship. Through memetic mutation, it turned into a verb. It also allows for some funny metaphors relating fan arguments with naval combat. "Ship wars."

pscf3

[6]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 16
    Wow, your just asking for a shipping war.

pscf3

[7]Oct 1, 2010
    Sorry for double posting, but it's Carly, not Carlie.

JonathonWolf wrote:
    My opinion is both and neither. I think it's been stated that Dan purposefully puts in evidence to suggest that either could happen, or neither. Even though it's a tween show, it still falls under the Moonlighting Curse. If you get two lead characters together, it radically changes the dynamic and eliminates the will-they/won't-they tension. If I had to choose one over the other, I'd say Seddie. After all this time, Freddie has got to be feeling some kind of resentment towards Carlie for pretty much choosing everyone but him. And there's been guys she's crushed on that aren't that different from him. It's like Mrs. Benson's line way back when: "Why won't you love my son!" Eventually, Freddie has to start wondering what is so wrong with him that other girls like him; but Carlie makes him keep his space.

Seddie is the whole slap, slap, kiss thing. I don't see that as a healthy relationship if she continues to physically assault him like in iGet Pranky. And Carlie's reaction suggests just how common it is. They have been getting more friendly with each other as time goes by, though.

The term ship comes from relationship. You want two characters to get into a relationship. Or 'ship. Through memetic mutation, it turned into a verb. It also allows for some funny metaphors relating fan arguments with naval combat. "Ship wars."

teenj12

[8]Oct 1, 2010
    pscf3 wrote:
    Wow, your just asking for a shipping war.
    me or JW?

pscf3

[9]Oct 1, 2010
    Whoever created this thread, which I believe was you.

vanillacupcakes

[10]Oct 1, 2010
    I agree, don't start unnecessary arguements. You can look through posts from the Seddie and Creddie threads to see why people prefer one ship over the other. My reasons keep changing, but everybody else's reasoning is pretty legit.
    @Jonathan Wolf: Good points.

teenj12

[11]Oct 1, 2010

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I agree, don't start unnecessary arguements.
    Gosh..my fault,thread over and in my defense,the Seddie thread is always extremely off topic and has many pages. The creddie one is rarely posted in.

Edited on 10/01/2010 10:09pm

RomanZolanski

[12]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 12
    ^LOL, don't worry about it. You're right, sometimes when the topic is bascially covered, random stuff come up and everyone just simply gets pulled into the randomness easily

I'm still a Seddie, js

Diamondgrl13

[13]Oct 2, 2010
    • level: 6
    teenj12 wrote:

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I agree, don't start unnecessary arguements.
    Gosh..my fault,thread over and in my defense,the Seddie thread is always extremely off topic and has many pages. The creddie one is rarely posted in.

Yeah, the Seddie thread REALLY bugs me cuz they never seem to be on topic. I can't stand that! I mean, it's fine for like, a couple posts, but after that, they need to get back to the subject or go to another thread. It just bugs me.

teenj12

[14]Oct 2, 2010

Thanks Diamondgirl and Roman .

vanillacupcakes

[15]Oct 2, 2010
    Very true. If you want actual stuff about Seddie you have to read the posts in the beginning to the middle. Creddie is almost always on topic and they listed reasons, so they are easier to find. I didn't mean to bash you or anything, I just want to make sure there won't be any drama or anything. I like it peaceful.

teenj12

[16]Oct 2, 2010
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Very true. If you want actual stuff about Seddie you have to read the posts in the beginning to the middle. Creddie is almost always on topic and they listed reasons, so they are easier to find. I didn't mean to bash you or anything, I just want to make sure there won't be any drama or anything. I like it peaceful.
    I was only mad at pscf3,because he knows I'm not some n00b who stirs up trouble,you agreeing with him didn't help,but its all cool .

pscf3

[17]Oct 3, 2010
    Sorry if I made you mad, but it's kinda tue. Schilling would be all over this thread if he were here.

vanillacupcakes

[18]Oct 3, 2010
    It's not your fault, because I know that wasn't your intention. In fact you are probably one of the most level-headed. "Too nice to see the evil in others" hehe, maybe you are like Carly. It's just that others will definitely argue against each others points to try to defend their ship. Haha I might have too.....maybeeeee

pscf3

[19]Oct 3, 2010
    Actually, I'm alot more like Freddie. ( Seriously, I get compared to him alot.)

MusicAddictBabe

[20]Oct 3, 2010
    • level: 18
    Wasn't there another thread like this before?...Hmmm...who knows?

Honestly, I hardly ship either anymore. I shipped Seddie because I just thought it'd be cute. I shipped Creddie because there are actually signs of it. I guess. You know, the more I think about it, I really don't know why I ship(ped) either. It's all a big blur to me lol.