We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

The Sam & Cat Forums Are Up!

MusicAddictBabe

[21]Dec 31, 2012
    • level: 18
    TJ12 - haha I figured I'd lose people. But basically, I just had these two friends who wound up hating each other because one of them was dating someone the other had a crush on. It was more one-sided, though, since the one who had a crush on the guy hated my other friend more than the other way around. I just hated it because I was sucked in the middle of it. Thankfully, they weren't like those friends who wind up hating you because you won't take their side. Though, the one I remember used to gossip about the other to me behind her back and that kind of got annoying rather quickly.

VC - haha That's ok. I'm almost a college graduate and I still watch his shows. Though, I haven't been very faithful to iCarly or Victorious in the past couple years like I was in high school when I'd be right in front of the TV every Saturday night at 8 just waiting for iCarly to come on But anyway, yeah, I know it probably wasn't the best comparison, but it was the first thing that came to mind. It's just...why? Why do shippers get so irritated about these things? I mean, I know that if you ship a cerain couple, it might make you a bit mad that the two never get together, but it's not the end of the world. And taking it out on the guy who created the characters isn't going to help any.

And, yeah, middle-schoolers are really catty and immature. It's just an awkward moment in everyone's life - those tweenage/early teenage years. I mean, as a whole, I really dislike middle school teens - and before anyone gets offended, I don't mean every single person since there are some who can be really nice and mature. I mostly mean kids from my school. I mean, in elementary school, kids are fun-loving, respectful, decent listeners, and act immature in a way that's socially acceptable because they "don't know any better"...for the most part, that is. Then, they hit middle school and - WAM! Everything just changes. They try to act cool and get in with the wrong crowds. They try to become more popular...and get in with the wrong crowds. They rebel against everyone and everything...and still get in with the wrong crowds. And they're generally disrespectful toward anyone older than them, or anyone in general - they sometimes tease younger kids (at least by calling them 'little kids' even when there's only a year's difference) and bully their peers...but this happens at any age. I'm no psychologist so I'm not being factual in any way. This is just from both experience and observations from going to a small school where the high school, middle school, and elementary school are connected. I remember those years and I would NEVER go back if I had the chance. The girls were catty, gossipers who chose favorites and only wanted to be popular. The guys were stuck-up punks who rebelled against everyone and got into trouble because they thought they were cool. Once I got into 9th grade, everyone finally started to mellow out.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zwingli4

[22]Jan 2, 2013
    • level: 16

OK, I made my very first post on the Sam & Cat forum. It is in the speculation thread (well, that's the only thread there is so far) so go and check it out. By the way, how do you guys feel about Jackie Evancho?

vanillacupcakes

[23]Jan 3, 2013

@MAB: That's true, I don't obsessively watch it RIGHT when it airs with my eyes glued to the tv anymore. If Dan keeps it up I'll definitely be watching kid's shows as an adult. He always finds really talented people. How does he do that? That way, even if he writes a weak show, I still keep up. I don't really like Cat as a character, but Ariana is a talented singer. Maybe I wasn't crazy about Victorious, but they had an awesome cast. Way to keep me hooked Dan!

In a way I can understand their thinking. After watching Glee and giving up on that show(can't believe it's still going on UGH), I'm skeptical of Ryan Murphy as a writer. He's a troll who's messes up his characters and plots imo. I liked American Horror Story, but the same sort of thing is happening where they rely on gimmicks. I'll probably give that up too and just stop watching any other shows he makes. If they think Dan isn't a good storywriter, doesn't portray his characters well, can't wrap up stories, etc, then they really shouldn't waste their time getting involved with his future shows(especially if they start a new ship or love a new character). However, I think Dan has successfully ended his other shows very well and knows how it all works, which is why I won't jump on that boat. Plus, I started getting turned off by shipping since a little before iOAR and eased my way out of it.

Shippers are really...over emotional? They identify with the character, and the shipping contributes to the character growth. The way characters interact with each other and build off of each other affects the show as a whole. I guess some are super competitive and just want to "win" a ship war, but I'd just say they care A LOT about the show. They put their heart and soul into videos, fanfiction, analyzing episodes, gifs, etc. The ending makes it seem to them like all they did meant nothing. If Sam gets broken up with, the whole Seddie fandom gets broken up with. If Freddie gets shot down by Carly, the whole Creddie fandom gets shot down. It's taken on a personal level. Also, the ending didn't tie up a lot of questions they had in mind(even aside from the shipping aspect, I believe). Add the underwhelming last season on top of all that, and you have some angry shippers ready to boycot a show.

That's the best I got. I'm sure there's more to it, but I don't know what it is.

IA, with the middle school thing. I HATE THEM. In general, many preteens think they are "cool", are tryhards, immature, awkward, moody, a bit ignorant, start to be really hormonal, have horrible taste without realizing it, etc. I wasn't catty perse, but I was sure shallow and dumb. I had those "she's such a slut, look at how much makeup she's wearing", "OMG i got like all this stuff from abercrombie! im soooo much cooler than the people shopping at limited too!". I also did dumb stuff on the internet to "look cool", swore a lot, and acted like a crazy wild person because my crush liked a girl who was a crazy wild person. I WAS HORRIBLE IN MIDDLE SCHOOL. I was booksmart, but that's it! Seeing all these little girls on winter break at the mall and stuff is weird and annoying, and I decided to hop onto your rant haha.

Oh, I also hate when people "discover" something they think is cool and shove it in people's faces that they do this cool thing now. They have to PROVE how cool they are. And the "cool thing" isn't special or not great. Like typically...

1. Middle school: swearing, kissing/relationships, makeup(for girls), rated r movies of any kind, a cellphone

2. High school: cheap or weak alcohol(like smirnoff or mike's), driving yourself to school in a crappy used car, those kinda lame parties you throw while your parents are away, 2nd/3rd base, a smartphone, date to prom.

3. College: slightly better and more alcohol(but not by much), having a slightly better car on campus(but not by much), going to frat parties(freshmen), apartment parties/bars(upperclassmen), going greek, drugs, sex, (insert many designer brands here).

I don't care if people do these things. They're normal things. I don't care if people don't do these things. But why do people brag and act so cool about doing these things, and judge people who don't? YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL. GET OVER YOURSELF. IT'S NOT THAT COOL. It's okay if you talk about these things, but don't shove it in people's faces and act as if you are soooo much better. I complain about this, because I was guilty of this in middle school. I wanted to break my "good girl image". Pathetic and tryhard. Thank goodness I cut it out after that.

@Zwingli: Jackie Evancho is super talented, sweet, pretty, flawless, got a part in a good movie, etc. She may not be as good as Charlotte Church but she is close. People thought she would destroy her voice by now, but she is doing great.

MusicAddictBabe

[24]Jan 4, 2013
    When I was in middle school, all I wanted was to be popular and for people to like me. Ugh. I was so desperate. I used to let the "cooler" copy off me because I didn't want to make them mad by standing up to them. Though it wasn't a bad thing, one time, I wrote an apology note to this girl who was friends with one of my best friends. She hated me because we both drew my best friend a picture of a dog or wolf or something. Anyway, she thought I copied her and hated me for it. So, I wrote that long apology note and gave it to my friend before school ended that year. It turned out okay, I guess, because on the first day of school the next year, she came over to me and asked if she could sit next to me and we somehow became best friends that year. But no way am I ever gonna apologize for no reason like that again.

Oi...speaking of college and middle school...some college kids act like they're still in middle school. At the beginning of my freshman year, I lived in a regular dorm - every other floor was a girls only floor and each room was a two-person room...I'm not even gonna get into the whole roommate issue I had right now...that's a rant for another day. But anyway, I became pretty good friends with the girls who lived around me (and am still really good friends with a few of them). We all used to go to dinner together every night. I'd be hanging with my across-the-hall neighbors who were my best friends at the time (one of them still is but the other one...not so much) and one of the girls from the group would come and invite us to dinner. But one day, they just never came and got us. We thought it was a little strange but shrugged it off. It started getting even weirder when the invites stopped altogether and whenever we'd see the others in the hall, they'd barely even smile. It wasn't until the following semester that we found out that one of the girls had told the others (who I'm close friends with now) that they should stop talking and hanging out with us. To this day, I still don't know what she had said to the others to get them to go against us like that, but at least they came to their senses later on. Thank goodness she left the following semester.

And I still need to go on that forum! I'll get there eventually.

marcdragicevic

[25]Feb 6, 2013
    • level: 21
    That's weird of them. I would be wondering for years what was said. I hate society as a whole, everyone is judged. I can't take it anymore.

Just_Jos

[26]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 11

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Wendell and Vinnie airs February 17th! I would like to think if they could in time, they would premiere it immediately after the KCAs of next year. They did that for Victorious and iCarly, and I know that helped gain a lot of viewers. They probably won't though, but I guess we'll see.

''iCarly'' never aired after the KCAs, not that it needed too, it already had good enough ratings. I can definitely see ''Sam & Cat'' premiering after the KCAs, either that or Nickelodeon will choose to air a new episode ''Marvin Marvin''.

MusicAddictBabe

[27]Feb 22, 2013
    Marc - Me too. And to this day, I do still wonder what she said.

Just_Jos - Is that that Fred show?

Just_Jos

[28]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 11

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Just_Jos - Is that that Fred show?

Yes. I'm also going to throw ''Wendell & Vinnie" (Jerry Trainor's new show) in that post-KCA timeslot ring.

marcdragicevic

[29]Mar 17, 2013
    Did you end up asking anyone that was involved or knew anything about it?

rkofan87

[30]May 18, 2013
    • level: 1

i am 26 andi love i carly and victorious and i am ready for sam&cat

vanillacupcakes

[31]May 30, 2013

Is that Marvin Marvin show still on the air? Isn't it about Fred as an alien? Come on, if Victorious and How to Rock got cancelled, this show needs to be gone asap.

@Jos: You're right, it was just promos about iCarly and stuff. I am kind of surprised it did so well from the start though. I didn't expect it (although I kind of got into iCarly a little bit late).

So...Sam and Cat airs in June. That is so close. I expected it to be awhile before they aired it, it feels like they just announced it. To be honest, I'm actually excited.

Edited on 05/30/2013 9:34pm

teenj12

[32]Jun 1, 2013
    • level: 26
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

Is that Marvin Marvin show still on the air? Isn't it about Fred as an alien? Come on, if Victorious and How to Rock got cancelled, this show needs to be gone asap.

@Jos: You're right, it was just promos about iCarly and stuff. I am kind of surprised it did so well from the start though. I didn't expect it (although I kind of got into iCarly a little bit late).

So...Sam and Cat airs in June. That is so close. I expected it to be awhile before they aired it, it feels like they just announced it. To be honest, I'm actually excited.

YES! I am really looking forward to Sam and Cat. Saw the sneak peeks, which were pretty good.

marcdragicevic

[33]Aug 19, 2013
    Haven't really looked at the forum yet, need to watch the pilot episode first. So behind.