We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

The Parents of iCarly - Official Discussion

SapphireStones

[81]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 15
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    SapphireStones wrote:
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    Sam's situation interests me most also. Everytime she talks about her mother it seems as if she's kind angry about the things her mom does. Like when she said her mother sometimes smiles.It also seems as if she's used to it though and she doesn't expect anything more out of her mother.But I'm an analyist, and I really don't think nick is going to make it a heavy situation as of where any of the parents are. It is a sitcom and they make things lighter so kids as young as 7 could watch it. Sometimes I wish some of these teennick shows could be a little more dramatic, but they can't cause it's nick not the-n.
    Me too. Even though Sam's always indifferent about her situation i'm sure it's something that really bothers, and possibly hurts her. But like you said, it's nick, not the n. (Even though it DOES air on the n now... :lol But Carly's life seems the most stable, Freddie's seems the oddest, and Sam's seems the saddest. Maybe that's why she's always so goofy, to hide that.
    The wierdness of the lives of Sam and Freddie at home clearly is one of the reasons they both retret to the Shay home. As goofy as Spencer is, he still serves as a good adult figure that gives the kids a safe and creative place to be themselves. So keeping Sam and Freddie's homelives as a mess gives us a good chance to see the 4 of them become a family unit in a sense.

Man, that has got to be one kick-a$s family.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iMIMI37

[82]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    SapphireStones wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    SapphireStones wrote:
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    Sam's situation interests me most also. Everytime she talks about her mother it seems as if she's kind angry about the things her mom does. Like when she said her mother sometimes smiles.It also seems as if she's used to it though and she doesn't expect anything more out of her mother.But I'm an analyist, and I really don't think nick is going to make it a heavy situation as of where any of the parents are. It is a sitcom and they make things lighter so kids as young as 7 could watch it. Sometimes I wish some of these teennick shows could be a little more dramatic, but they can't cause it's nick not the-n.
    Me too. Even though Sam's always indifferent about her situation i'm sure it's something that really bothers, and possibly hurts her. But like you said, it's nick, not the n. (Even though it DOES air on the n now... :lol But Carly's life seems the most stable, Freddie's seems the oddest, and Sam's seems the saddest. Maybe that's why she's always so goofy, to hide that.
    The wierdness of the lives of Sam and Freddie at home clearly is one of the reasons they both retret to the Shay home. As goofy as Spencer is, he still serves as a good adult figure that gives the kids a safe and creative place to be themselves. So keeping Sam and Freddie's homelives as a mess gives us a good chance to see the 4 of them become a family unit in a sense.

Man, that has got to be one kick-a$s family.

Yeah it is.

iskabibble07

[83]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 13
    When you think about Freddie's situation, he had all of that sophisicated video equipment before he met Carly. Why? What do you suppose he did with it? It also shows that Mrs. Bensen is pretty indulgent of Freddie if she just bought him all that stuff that she probably had no idea what it was for. That brings up how Mrs. Bensen and Freddie support themselves. She doesn't seem to have a job because she can wander over to the Shay's apartment any time she wants to. So that might tell me that she either was wealthy before she had Freddie or she has a huge child support payment coming in or Mr. Bensen died and left them well off. But if they are rich, what are they doing living in an apartment and not in a big house? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL

munchlax99

[84]Aug 9, 2008

Random

Carlys mom ran off with freddies dad!!

EdFan101

[85]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 21
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    When you think about Freddie's situation, he had all of that sophisicated video equipment before he met Carly. Why? What do you suppose he did with it? It also shows that Mrs. Bensen is pretty indulgent of Freddie if she just bought him all that stuff that she probably had no idea what it was for. That brings up how Mrs. Bensen and Freddie support themselves. She doesn't seem to have a job because she can wander over to the Shay's apartment any time she wants to. So that might tell me that she either was wealthy before she had Freddie or she has a huge child support payment coming in or Mr. Bensen died and left them well off. But if they are rich, what are they doing living in an apartment and not in a big house? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL
    what i would like to know is why is freddie's mom the way she is i know mom's worry but freddie's mom is just a freak.

EdFan101

[86]Aug 10, 2008
    • level: 21
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    That's true.I'm sticking to my theory that Sam's parents are either divorced or her father abandoned her and her mother when she was really young.Freddie's father might be deceased so that explains why his mother is so protective cause he might be all she has left. Carly's mother I have no idea. Until nick says other wise I'll just go with my imagination.
    i think i know why freddie's dad would leave them (whispering) i'll give you a hint,it has something to do with the mom

WAVY10

[87]Aug 10, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

Never thought of that.

munchlax99

[88]Aug 10, 2008

i never thought of that!

nice thinkin!!!

iskabibble07

[89]Aug 10, 2008
    munchlax99 wrote:

i never thought of that!

nice thinkin!!!

My thinker thanks you.

zulaz

[90]Aug 10, 2008
    yes..you think..very..deeply. lol

SapphireStones

[91]Aug 10, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

If their apartment's anything like Carly's then think again: Apartments like that, especially in big cities like Seattle, don't typically come cheap. In fact, if Carly/Spencer's dad weren't in the military i'd sort of wonder how THEY can afford it, since Spencer's an aspiring artist who hasn't yet been exposed in the art world.

iskabibble07

[92]Aug 11, 2008
    SapphireStones wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    If their apartment's anything like Carly's then think again: Apartments like that, especially in big cities like Seattle, don't typically come cheap. In fact, if Carly/Spencer's dad weren't in the military i'd sort of wonder how THEY can afford it, since Spencer's an aspiring artist who hasn't yet been exposed in the art world.
    Oh I agree. You sometimes see money changing hands like in the settlement of the Techfoot shoe fiasco. But how Carly and Spencer can afford their lifestyle is completely overlooked. But its a kids show and those kinds of detail sort of go with the "suspend disbelief" aspect of a show like this. So I can live with the idea that all of the families have all the money they need even if we have no idea where they get it.

MasterManPlan

[93]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 2

idate Freddy

Freddy has finally asked Carly on a date,and when she agrees,Freddy takes Carly to the movies.The date was going great,and in the middle of the movie Carly Carly was already holding Freddy's hand,but will they finally kiss?

iskabibble07

[94]Aug 12, 2008
    MasterManPlan wrote:

idate Freddy

Freddy has finally asked Carly on a date,and when she agrees,Freddy takes Carly to the movies.The date was going great,and in the middle of the movie Carly Carly was already holding Freddy's hand,but will they finally kiss?

I think you put this in the wrong thread. It belongs in one of the threads made for fan fiction.

iMIMI37

[95]Aug 18, 2008
    Okay we do know that Sam's mom is single. Cause sam said she was banned from why not date me.com

ultimatekey

[96]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 22
    Thats true...................................................

SapphireStones

[97]Aug 19, 2008
    maybe her mom's a cheater?
    *ducks pan thrown at her*
    HEY!

iMIMI37

[98]Aug 20, 2008
    HaHa! I think Sam would tell her dad if her mom was cheating on him,or would she...hmm.

ollibot284

[99]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 9

in the simpsons they said that homer's mom was a wanted criminal maybe that's the same with carly's mom which would interesting since her dad is in the military.

cocobean12

[100]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 7
    Nature9000 wrote:

Seriously though, where are they? We hear so much about the mothers and we've seen Freddie's mom, but where are their fathers at? We know Carly's is in a submarine somewhere, as mentioned in iRue the day I think...As for the fathers of Sam and Freddie, we hear nothing we see nothing. Here are my theories on this subject:

Sam's whole family almost is in jail, it could be her father's in jail and perhaps he did something so wrong that not even Sam will talk about him. Freddie's father could be the same, maybe he did something bad as well.

Maybe both fathers are home but they never do anything worth bringing up and are just your average, boring fathers.

We know they can't exactly be abusive, right? Or else we'd see wounds on Sam and possibly Freddie, but then again, the show probably wouldn't deal with abusive parents (Unless you count Freddie's mom as abusive, but I don't think she is. That's for another thread.)

So what are your thoughts? What do you think of their fathers, what are your theories and suspicions? Let's hear them, go all out!

I'm not really a big fan of this show, but I'd guess that Carly's mother died somewhere since it's only mentioned her father living on a submarine. I'd also think that Sam's father is jail and Freddie's mom was never married and had Freddie on her own (seriously who would want to be married to Freddie's mom?). But again, I'm not a big fan so I wouldn't know much.