We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

The Parents of iCarly - Official Discussion

TeemerDJ

[101]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 12
    cocobean12 wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:

Seriously though, where are they? We hear so much about the mothers and we've seen Freddie's mom, but where are their fathers at? We know Carly's is in a submarine somewhere, as mentioned in iRue the day I think...As for the fathers of Sam and Freddie, we hear nothing we see nothing. Here are my theories on this subject:

Sam's whole family almost is in jail, it could be her father's in jail and perhaps he did something so wrong that not even Sam will talk about him. Freddie's father could be the same, maybe he did something bad as well.

Maybe both fathers are home but they never do anything worth bringing up and are just your average, boring fathers.

We know they can't exactly be abusive, right? Or else we'd see wounds on Sam and possibly Freddie, but then again, the show probably wouldn't deal with abusive parents (Unless you count Freddie's mom as abusive, but I don't think she is. That's for another thread.)

So what are your thoughts? What do you think of their fathers, what are your theories and suspicions? Let's hear them, go all out!

I'm not really a big fan of this show, but I'd guess that Carly's mother died somewhere since it's only mentioned her father living on a submarine. I'd also think that Sam's father is jail and Freddie's mom was never married and had Freddie on her own (seriously who would want to be married to Freddie's mom?). But again, I'm not a big fan so I wouldn't know much.

Freddie needs to find his dad, and go live with him, and never ever tell his mom where he want...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[102]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 13
    TeemerDJ wrote:
    cocobean12 wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:

Seriously though, where are they? We hear so much about the mothers and we've seen Freddie's mom, but where are their fathers at? We know Carly's is in a submarine somewhere, as mentioned in iRue the day I think...As for the fathers of Sam and Freddie, we hear nothing we see nothing. Here are my theories on this subject:

Sam's whole family almost is in jail, it could be her father's in jail and perhaps he did something so wrong that not even Sam will talk about him. Freddie's father could be the same, maybe he did something bad as well.

Maybe both fathers are home but they never do anything worth bringing up and are just your average, boring fathers.

We know they can't exactly be abusive, right? Or else we'd see wounds on Sam and possibly Freddie, but then again, the show probably wouldn't deal with abusive parents (Unless you count Freddie's mom as abusive, but I don't think she is. That's for another thread.)

So what are your thoughts? What do you think of their fathers, what are your theories and suspicions? Let's hear them, go all out!

I'm not really a big fan of this show, but I'd guess that Carly's mother died somewhere since it's only mentioned her father living on a submarine. I'd also think that Sam's father is jail and Freddie's mom was never married and had Freddie on her own (seriously who would want to be married to Freddie's mom?). But again, I'm not a big fan so I wouldn't know much.

Freddie needs to find his dad, and go live with him, and never ever tell his mom where he want...

lol, yeah. I just can't help but think that if he has a dad somewhere, that guy would be really cool.

EdFan101

[103]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 21
    i think freddie's mom was in jail once and she didn't want her son to think of her as a bad mom so she acts like the best mom in the world well not really but she must think she is because so far she hasn't stopped.she is probably good enough for freddie considering that he hasn't left yet

Fireofnature

[104]Aug 28, 2008
    EdFan101 wrote:
    i think freddie's mom was in jail once and she didn't want her son to think of her as a bad mom so she acts like the best mom in the world well not really but she must think she is because so far she hasn't stopped.she is probably good enough for freddie considering that he hasn't left yet

That's actually a very interesting concept not thought of, what makes you think this?

iskabibble07

[105]Aug 28, 2008
    Fireofnature wrote:
    EdFan101 wrote:
    That's actually a very interesting concept not thought of, what makes you think this?
    It is almost a fan fiction. I don' t think we have any clues from canon that she was in jail. She clearly is obsessed and clingy about Freddie but other than the Fencin Bensens, we have no background on her at all.

Grey90

[106]Aug 29, 2008
    • level: 10
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:
    EdFan101 wrote:
    It is almost a fan fiction. I don' t think we have any clues from canon that she was in jail. She clearly is obsessed and clingy about Freddie but other than the Fencin Bensens, we have no background on her at all.

That's actually a good theory. I smell a fanfic.... (not by me )

EdFan101

[107]Sep 1, 2008
    Fireofnature wrote:
    EdFan101 wrote:

well like any mom who has been in jail they would want to try to be better moms and freddie's mom just goes overboard probably not knowing that she is acualy hurting her son somehow,mind you i wouldn't know this for sure but well it's just a very likely guess

Animegirlx

[108]Sep 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    i dont think season 2 will show any dads or sams mom

iMIMI37

[109]Sep 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    I'm not sure. I do hope they will though.

ollibot284

[110]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 9

maybe freddie had an older sibling who died and that's why mrs. benson is so overprotective maybe it doesn't have to do with the dad but with an older sibling.

Z101roxsox

[111]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    Well, after iHurt Lewbert, it's been confirmed that Freddie's dad is either dead of his parents got divorced

Fireofnature

[112]Oct 19, 2008
    Z101roxsox wrote:
    Well, after iHurt Lewbert, it's been confirmed that Freddie's dad is either dead of his parents got divorced

Yeah, dead or divorced, that's for sure. You know, I feel like Mr. Benson, Mr. Puckett, and Mrs. Shay are probably some of the greatest mysteries in iCarly and something about them will be revealed later on down the road...

schillingklaus

[113]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 12

Might Spencer and Carly have different mothers? The age difference makes it not implausible.

Also, Freddie and Sam may have siblings, at least half-or stepsiblings , who live with their dad if dad and mom are supposed to be separated.

Freddie may have got his technical equipment from friends or relatives (in my fanfics, : from his favourite second cousin Quinn Pensky, but that's irrelevant for the show)

Other relatives: Fred has an uncle who runs a woodshop, He mentions this in the episode with the chicks that disappeared in Carly's loft.

Sam has an aunt named Maggie. She makes fun of her breast implants in iSpy ...

Sam has several cousins, one of them being a flautist named Greg who appears in iHeart Arts.Someof them are supposed to be incarcerated. Sam's mom is worried that Sam becomes like those, and hopes that Carly preserves her from turning criminal.

Whether Maggie is supposed to be Greg's mother, and whether she's a paternal or maternal aunt, that's nowhere told.

Mrs. Benson may be extremely neurotic and thus be deemed unable to work for a living and get public support for that reason? She might have been in rehab already?

Edited on 10/22/2008 1:44am
    Edited 2 total times.

EdFan101

[114]Oct 22, 2008
    at least sam's mom KNOWS she's a bad mom

Fireofnature

[115]Oct 22, 2008
    Actually Sam's mom may be a GREAT mom for all we know. What we get from Sam is that she isn't that great, but look at it this way: Most teenagers talk about their parents in a less than glamorous way. So we really don't know if Sam's mom truly is bad or if she is actually a loving and caring mother.

EdFan101

[116]Oct 25, 2008
    i don't know sam probably lies so she could spend more time with carly and freddie (Well carly anyway) she probably works alot and i'm pretty sure most of the things sam has mentioned about her mom either aren't true or exagerated

EdFan101

[117]Oct 25, 2008
    plus if sam's mom KNOWS she's a bad mom and doesn't know what to do she just dumps sam with carly because she would know what to do seriously why doesn't she take lessons from carly or something

giadolphin9965

[118]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 4

i think sam's mom could possibly be abusive. like, maybe sam always avoids getting hit in the face, so nobody would guess. that could be

why she usually wears long sleeved shirts! she might do that to cover bruises.

Fireofnature

[119]Nov 6, 2008
    giadolphin9965 wrote:

i think sam's mom could possibly be abusive. like, maybe sam always avoids getting hit in the face, so nobody would guess. that could be

why she usually wears long sleeved shirts! she might do that to cover bruises.

Carly wears long sleeve shirts, Freddie wears long sleeve shirts, they ALL WEAR LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS! It is cold in Seattle. There is not any substatial evidence that says Sam is abused. She doesn't act like a person that would be abused...research wise. If she was being abused, she'd probably wince every time someone yelled at her or scolded her out of fear of being hit, and that's just one of many things.

giadolphin9965

[120]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 4
    well, i know somebody who was abused and they did a very good job of hiding it. they acted like i described. the part about sam's shirt is simply an idea. she does wear long sleeves more than the others. do you know how long it took to make that hypothesis? it just kinda insulted the way you answered