We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

The Parents of iCarly - Official Discussion

Nature9000

[41]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 9
    I'm hoping there will be some interesting things in Season 2. I'm sort of hoping that it will bring about another parent, you know, like season one was sort of Mrs. Benson's thing. How cool, well interesting, would it be if Mrs. Puckett showed up? Or even one of the dads! That parent could become a regular.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gryffinval7890

[42]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 12
    Nature9000 wrote:
    I'm hoping there will be some interesting things in Season 2. I'm sort of hoping that it will bring about another parent, you know, like season one was sort of Mrs. Benson's thing. How cool, well interesting, would it be if Mrs. Puckett showed up? Or even one of the dads! That parent could become a regular.

whoa! man! that made me think of something!

you know the lady that played Coco on Zoey 101??

what if she played Mrs.puckett?? lol! that would be awesome! tee hee!

ycc1988

[43]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 20
    Oh boy. She'd fit the role perfectly, but I wouldn't be able to stand much of it if Mrs. Puckett was anything like Coco. Especially just-broke-up-with-Carl Coco.

Nature9000

[44]Jun 17, 2008
    You think of the oddest things sometimes, but who knows, I'm not sure who Coco is though....but yeah, I would really like to see one of the Pucketts or Bensons become a major parent in an upcoming season. Other than Mrs. Benson that is, she already is. I've become bored with researching her personality...I analyze everything....sheesh...

crzza

[45]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 49
    She's the girl's DA on Zoey 101.

Nature9000

[46]Jun 17, 2008
    Ah...well I guess I haven't seen enough episodes to know

AndreaMSkate

[47]Jun 17, 2008
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:

OH MY GAWD she'd be perfect for the part!!!

Nature9000

[48]Jun 17, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:

Then they should use her if they do, lol.

crzza

[49]Jun 17, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:

Then they should use her if they do, lol.
    Yeah, she can really relate.

gryffinval7890

[50]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 12
    yeah! i thought about what i knew of Sams mom already and put it all together, and the end result person in my head came out to look something very similar Coco...

so yeah!! thats how i came to think of her as the perfect Mrs. Puckett!! tee hee!

iskabibble07

[51]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 13
    Nature9000 wrote:
    I dunno. I would not like the show to have too many regular adults in it. Spencer is only a borderline adult. And I think what makes ICarly great is it is mainly about the 4 regs. So far how they have fit Mrs. Bensen in has worked pretty well so far. I like it that some adult characters like Sam's mom are never seen but do ridiculous things. Characters like that should never be seen because they won't live up to their reputations. I like Sam parent free.

Nature9000

[52]Jul 4, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:
    I dunno. I would not like the show to have too many regular adults in it. Spencer is only a borderline adult. And I think what makes ICarly great is it is mainly about the 4 regs. So far how they have fit Mrs. Bensen in has worked pretty well so far. I like it that some adult characters like Sam's mom are never seen but do ridiculous things. Characters like that should never be seen because they won't live up to their reputations. I like Sam parent free.

Well I mean like instead of Freddie's mom, you know. Like Freddie's mom doesn't show up in 2, season 1 was her thing. Although I have to say, I would be afraid if Carly's Dad came back, because that could point to a possible sign of Spencer being replaced...you know?

iskabibble07

[53]Jul 5, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Nature9000 wrote:
    Well I mean like instead of Freddie's mom, you know. Like Freddie's mom doesn't show up in 2, season 1 was her thing. Although I have to say, I would be afraid if Carly's Dad came back, because that could point to a possible sign of Spencer being replaced...you know?
    Yeah if Carly and Spencer's dad came back, even for one epi, it would really screw up the show I think. Both Spencer and Carly would act differend and hard to say if Freddie and Sam would be able to "be themselves" as much as they can with just Carly and Spencer there. How they can all relax in Carly's apartment is one of the great things about the show because that is where most of the funny stuff happens.

07MurphyM

[54]Jul 15, 2008
    I wonder if any of the other parents know about iCarly.
    Edited on 07/15/2008 10:17pm

07MurphyM

[55]Jul 15, 2008
    How would things be different?

iskabibble07

[56]Jul 16, 2008
    Right now Carly and Spencer's place is more or less a kids zone. Spencer is only a little bit an adult and he doesnt look to guide or monitor what is going on. A real "dad" in the house would change things so both Spencer and Carly would be oriented toward the dad and the dad would be like trying to "raise" both of them rather than just letting things flow. Unless he was a totally wacky dude, Sam would not feel as relaxed to be herself becuase herself is a little of the bad girl and even Freddie might not feel he can just goof and/or flirt openly with a dad looking over his shoulder.

Fireofnature

[57]Jul 16, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Right now Carly and Spencer's place is more or less a kids zone. Spencer is only a little bit an adult and he doesnt look to guide or monitor what is going on. A real "dad" in the house would change things so both Spencer and Carly would be oriented toward the dad and the dad would be like trying to "raise" both of them rather than just letting things flow. Unless he was a totally wacky dude, Sam would not feel as relaxed to be herself becuase herself is a little of the bad girl and even Freddie might not feel he can just goof and/or flirt openly with a dad looking over his shoulder.

Yeah, that's exactly my thoughts, or pretty close to what I'm thinking.

skipperdee

[58]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 10

In iFence, Mrs. Benson mentioned how her family had been in "The Fencin' Bensons" and how her father forced her to fence all the time, etc. This implies that her maiden name is Benson, and that makes me think Freddie's dad is just not in the picture- he and "Mrs." Benson were never married, or some other scenario where Freddie took his mother's maiden name rather than the more common practice of taking the father's name.

Of course, it's entirely possible that Mrs. Benson just chose for her son to take her own name- some people do- but that doesn't explain where Freddie's dad is, or why people still call her "Mrs." Benson. For the latter, it could be that people tend to call women with children "Mrs.", assuming they're married, and Mrs. Benson just opts not to correct them with "Ms." Who knows?

I have no theories on Carly's mom or Sam's parents, though. Maybe we'll find out soon.

iskabibble07

[59]Jul 17, 2008
    skipperdee wrote:

In iFence, Mrs. Benson mentioned how her family had been in "The Fencin' Bensons" and how her father forced her to fence all the time, etc. This implies that her maiden name is Benson, and that makes me think Freddie's dad is just not in the picture- he and "Mrs." Benson were never married, or some other scenario where Freddie took his mother's maiden name rather than the more common practice of taking the father's name.

Of course, it's entirely possible that Mrs. Benson just chose for her son to take her own name- some people do- but that doesn't explain where Freddie's dad is, or why people still call her "Mrs." Benson. For the latter, it could be that people tend to call women with children "Mrs.", assuming they're married, and Mrs. Benson just opts not to correct them with "Ms." Who knows?

I have no theories on Carly's mom or Sam's parents, though. Maybe we'll find out soon.

Wow, great observation. I had not processed that but of course that is correct. Yes and the mother of the Shay children is a complete mystery. In real life terms, its odd that the kids never ever talk about her. They hardly ever mention their dad except in terms of checking with him about something or when he sends greetings through someone. But then again, it isnt necessary to the show that they miss their parents so I can see why the writers just don't go there. It is interesting that there isn't a full set of parents in the bunch.

ollibot284

[60]Jul 17, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    skipperdee wrote:

Wow, great observation. I had not processed that but of course that is correct. Yes and the mother of the Shay children is a complete mystery. In real life terms, its odd that the kids never ever talk about her. They hardly ever mention their dad except in terms of checking with him about something or when he sends greetings through someone. But then again, it isnt necessary to the show that they miss their parents so I can see why the writers just don't go there. It is interesting that there isn't a full set of parents in the bunch.
    if carly's dad did ever appear I'd want him to be played by either steve carrell or jim carrey to play him since both actors look and think like spencer and yes having the actress who played coco on zoey 101 play sam's mom would be awesome! does anyone wish coco was in chasing zoey?