We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

The Parents of iCarly - Official Discussion

Nature9000

[1]May 19, 2008
    • level: 9

Seriously though, where are they? We hear so much about the mothers and we've seen Freddie's mom, but where are their fathers at? We know Carly's is in a submarine somewhere, as mentioned in iRue the day I think...As for the fathers of Sam and Freddie, we hear nothing we see nothing. Here are my theories on this subject:

Sam's whole family almost is in jail, it could be her father's in jail and perhaps he did something so wrong that not even Sam will talk about him. Freddie's father could be the same, maybe he did something bad as well.

Maybe both fathers are home but they never do anything worth bringing up and are just your average, boring fathers.

We know they can't exactly be abusive, right? Or else we'd see wounds on Sam and possibly Freddie, but then again, the show probably wouldn't deal with abusive parents (Unless you count Freddie's mom as abusive, but I don't think she is. That's for another thread.)

So what are your thoughts? What do you think of their fathers, what are your theories and suspicions? Let's hear them, go all out!

Edited on 05/19/2008 4:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iZoeyL23

[2]May 19, 2008
    • level: 4
    Maybe their parents are divorced.
    Also, does anyone know anything about Carly & Spencer's Mom?

Nature9000

[3]May 19, 2008
    Well they would have to be divorced, yeah, but still you'd think they'd talk about them at least once, but they never have. I'm sure Carly's mentioned her mother somewhere but I could be wrong. I can't help but think that there's something really big about the fathers of Sam and Freddie, like they would be some major criminal. The fact that Sam stated that almost her entire family was in prison alludes to that possibility.

AndreaMSkate

[4]May 19, 2008
    • level: 49
    I'm going to make this topic into a thread for all discussion of parents on iCarly.

Nature9000

[5]May 19, 2008
    Andrea, are you sure? I actually meant this only to be on the fathers because we already have a thread about Freddie's mom and a thread about Sam's mom that actually got buried again...Merely I just want to see peoples thoughts on Sam and Freddie's fathers, as well as Carly's father I guess...or just the parents who have yet to be mentioned at all...like Carly's mom.

AndreaMSkate

[6]May 19, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    Andrea, are you sure? I actually meant this only to be on the fathers because we already have a thread about Freddie's mom and a thread about Sam's mom that actually got buried again...Merely I just want to see peoples thoughts on Sam and Freddie's fathers, as well as Carly's father I guess...or just the parents who have yet to be mentioned at all...like Carly's mom.

Right, but they're all minor characters who can be discussed in one thread, or on the thread of their child. Carly's mother could be discussed on Carly's thread, Freddie's mom on Freddie's thread, or on this thread.

Nature9000

[7]May 19, 2008
    Hm, yeah I can live with that, doesn't really matter.

iskabibble07

[8]May 19, 2008
    • level: 13
    It works for the plot for Carly and Spencer's mom and dad to be out of the picture. Yes the fact that their dad is in a submarine comes up from time to time so at least we know there is a parent out there. The granddad pops in from time to time so he is a connection to them. No mention of mom at all. If there was a divorce or she died, you would at least every so often Carly or Spencer would mention her. And there are not pictures of either of them in the apartment as far as we know. Its like to the kids, the parents just evaporated.

Nature9000

[9]May 19, 2008

Yeah but either way, it's still good to hear theories on what people think happened to them, even if it's true and it works out for the plot that they're not mentioned. Of course, it would be interesting if Sam's dad or Freddie's dad ever showed up. What if Sam's mom was the incompetant one and her dad shows up and decides that Sam's mom isn't fit for raising her and decides to take her away. True that would seem a lot like "iWanna Stay With Spencer" but it'd definitely be interesting if Sam's dad was the responsible one.

It'd also be interesting if Freddie's father was so bad that his mom was overly protective of him because she'd be afraid of him turning into a deliquint and then turning into his father before him. I could see both scenarios as almost being an episode if ever possible, probably not though.

iskabibble07

[10]May 19, 2008

yeah because its hard to evaluate the parents based on how Sam and Freddie behave. I Sam's family seems totally messed up but except for bit of a hard edge, Sam is pretty well adjusted, for the most part a nice person, not on drugs or into anything else weird, doesnt seem to have "daddy issues" and overall seems comfortable with herself and with others. Her teasing of Freddie is more like good natured fun than like she is taking something out on men or something. And she likes boys, we know that.

Freddie also for someone who is mroe or less treated like a baby by a mom who tries do dominate him with no dad around, he is quite masculine, well adjusted, he doesnt cave in to his mom and he has a backbone and mind of his own. And his relationship with girls is just fine as he gets along well with Carly and Sam doing this big project and even "handling them" like when he helped them get over their fight.

DC-Dude

[11]May 20, 2008
    • level: 26
    About Freddie's mom...

For an overprotective mom like her kinda reminds me of Cartman from South Park.

It makes me feel as if Mrs. Benson is a single mom who is using MRS. to hide from her son...

AndreaMSkate

[12]May 20, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

yeah because its hard to evaluate the parents based on how Sam and Freddie behave.

Right. Parental influence only goes to a certain extent really. I know some great people who came from broken homes, where their parents were drunks and stuff like that. One of the greatest, most intelligent people I ever knew came from a family like that, and I think he was all the stronger for it. About Freddie, it really takes a kid with a good head on his shoulders to be able to rise above that overprotectiveness and stuff and still feel like he is his own person. Sometimes that can be hard...I mean, putting up with his mom basically downright humiliating him sometimes AND taking the heat from Sam all the time...I don't know if I'd be able to do it.

WAVY10

[13]May 21, 2008
    • level: 8
    My theory with Carly and Spencer's mom: I'm guessing she passed away.
    Edited on 05/23/2008 10:54am

gryffinval7890

[14]May 21, 2008
    • level: 12
    WAVY10 wrote:
    My theory with Carly and Freddie's mom: I'm guessing she passed away.

you mean spencer..right?

lol

AndreaMSkate

[15]May 21, 2008
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    WAVY10 wrote:

you mean spencer..right?

lol

Yeah I was confused there for a second. I was like, "Whaaat?" It took me a while to figure out what exactly was being talked about...that's what happens after final exams.

But yeah, that sounds possible. If she were alive, it'd be more likely that she'd be mentioned, like their dad.

WAVY10

[16]May 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    WAVY10 wrote:

you mean spencer..right?

lol

Yeah I was confused there for a second. I was like, "Whaaat?" It took me a while to figure out what exactly was being talked about...that's what happens after final exams.

But yeah, that sounds possible. If she were alive, it'd be more likely that she'd be mentioned, like their dad.

Fixed my post.

gryffinval7890

[17]May 23, 2008
    • level: 12
    WAVY10 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    WAVY10 wrote:

you mean spencer..right?

lol

Fixed my post.

cool...
    but i think i agree, cuz thats the only thing i can think of thats happened, because thats the only thing that comes to mind when i think of their mom, since she's never mentioned..

crzza

[18]May 24, 2008
    iZoeyL23 wrote:
    Maybe their parents are divorced.
    Also, does anyone know anything about Carly & Spencer's Mom?
    I'm guessing she's dead.

zulaz

[19]May 24, 2008
    yeah..like..what happened to Mr. Benson? i can understand if they get a divorce or something lol

Vergomax

[20]May 24, 2008
    • level: 15
    Um, I'd just like to point out that I already made a thread about this issue. Remember, its called Carlys mom, Sams dad and Freddies dad? I made this like two months ago.