We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

The One Thing About the "Fun Facts" That Bugs Me...

futuramarama

[1]May 26, 2010
    • level: 37

I like them. Don't get me wrong, they're nice to have and read, and always have good information on the episodes. BUT... I really hate it when he says something like "I DARE you not to laugh at (insert line here)." Half the time the line is funny the first or second time in the episode, but it isn't as funny IMO in reading it. Some of the times it isn't even a remotely funny line IMO, so I don't see why it would be hard to not laugh. I understand he likes working on this show (and Victorious) and he has a good sense of humor, but I really dislike it when he does stuff like that. "Try not to lauhg at this line"... anyone agree/disagree?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iCarly317

[2]May 26, 2010
    • level: 13
    I always tried to read the funfacts before the episode came out (providing that he would actually post them on time), so usually I would forget about certain lines that he would challenge us not to laugh at, but now that I think about it, I agree. In a way, that's one of Dan's flaws. He wants to think that every single thing going on is going to be funny for everyone and if someone actually says to him that they didn't find it all that funny (in the nicest way possible), then Dan gets a bit defensive over it.

marcdragicevic

[3]May 27, 2010
    • level: 21
    A part of his job is to promote the show!
    If the show's own producer said the episode was no good, no-one would watch it.

You have to promote the show, for it to do well.

Aprilshakira

[4]May 27, 2010
    • level: 10

I agree. And I also hate how he goes: "HMMMM SEDDIE/CREDDIE MAYBE?! MAYBEEEEE.."

Which I understand is promotion and to keep people interested, but I wish he would be more clear sometimes.

futuramarama

[5]May 27, 2010
    I know he works on the show, and ergo he has to keep saying how funny it is. But, it's annoying. I'd like it if he wasn't so "Haha I bet you anything you'll love this line in this scene", etc. or "If you don't laugh at this scene you're crazy" or something. I know that as a producer, creator, etc. that he has to promote the show by making it sound good, it's just annoying. I read the fun facts because, as they are called, i want to know fun things about the episode, not have so many "laugh at this line or don't watch" (paraphrased of course) things, which seem to be the majority of the fun facts

krisiten

[6]May 27, 2010
    • level: 5

Its not that I get annoyed when he does that, its his job to promote the show, afterall. I just think that he doesn't do it for the FUNNIEST line. When he says that, the scenes are funny, just not the funniest thing in the show.

futuramarama

[7]May 29, 2010
    again, i know it's his job. As creator/producer, etc. generally he would promote the show. I get that. But to me, it's annoying. It's kinda like in iBelieve in Bigfoot, with the author of that Bigfoot book. He promoted it in a lot of his lines if I remember correctly. Generally, as the author, he would want people to read it. But still, that got annoying to the characters in the episode. And to me, him going around raving about how funny the lines are in almost all the fun facts takes away some of the thrill and fun of reading. I want to read them because I want to know facts about the episode, not because I want to know Dan's favorite lines

vanillacupcakes

[8]May 30, 2010
    • level: 16

I agree with all of this. The "HMMM....interesting" or "Maybeeeee *insert Creddie or Seddie comment here*? Think about it..." annoys me because he gives unneccessary hype to crazy shippers(okay I guess that includes me) and thenpeople argue saying "But Dan said so!". Then he's always like "If you don'tlaugh during this episode, I'll give you *insert random object or cash amount here*". Well I didn't laugh during iEnrage Gibby so you still owe me $5 Dan. He can promote his shows, but he doesn't have to expect us to love everything like that.Judging from the ratings he does great at promoting, so I guessthis kind of stuff works. I have a feeling Victorious wouldn't be nearly as popularwithoutDan's constant promotion. Without his constant "OMG new Victorious episode at 8:00 tonight!", I would forget to watch it.

sockstar

[9]May 31, 2010
    • level: 12
    [Creddie moment] Hmmmmmm..

Is [Seddie moment] what YOU think is the most important part of the episode?

Interesting... my friend thinks that Sam is jealous of Carly and wanted to break them up so she could have Freddie.

ps, the only people who use "because Dan said so" are seddie shippers lol. It's brought up all the time when they talk to Creddie shippers, but they can never actually show us where Dan said seddie was going to happen.

vanillacupcakes

[10]Jun 8, 2010

I don't think it's only the Seddie shippers, but the majority of them ship Seddie. I sort of blame Dan for that. People jump to conclusions too much, but Dan sort of ignites the fire.Great for promotion I guess.

I sort of miss his funfacts now. Iknow he's crazy busy but they're really fun to read.

ilivelovemusic

[11]Jun 10, 2010
    oh man... dan is gud at what he does but if i knew som1 lyk tht in real lyf ill be lyk shut up i get it! lyk them juss thinking evrything they do ppl will lyk . dan IS AWESUM but lyk one of u pplz sed we cnt lyk every single thing he likes XD nd yea maybe most seddie shippers say tht actually im one but ive nvr used tht but my point is u knoe the things tht dan says might make other ppl jump into conclusions lolz but not me im a pessimist but for a pessimist im pretty optimistic XP

marcdragicevic

[12]Jun 10, 2010
    ilivelovemusic wrote:
    oh man... dan is gud at what he does but if i knew som1 lyk tht in real lyf ill be lyk shut up i get it! lyk them juss thinking evrything they do ppl will lyk . dan IS AWESUM but lyk one of u pplz sed we cnt lyk every single thing he likes XD nd yea maybe most seddie shippers say tht actually im one but ive nvr used tht but my point is u knoe the things tht dan says might make other ppl jump into conclusions lolz but not me im a pessimist but for a pessimist im pretty optimistic XP

WHAT???

ilivelovemusic

[13]Jun 10, 2010
    ok sorry once again ill say that properly then:

oh man... dan is good at what he does but if i knew someone like that in real life i'll be like shut up i get it! like they just think everything they do people will like . dan IS AWESOME but like one of you guys said we cant like every single thing he likes XD and yeah maybe most seddie shippers say that actually im one but ive never used that but my point is you know the things that dan says and sometimes they might make other people jump into conclusions lolz but not me im a pessimist, but for a pessimist im pretty optimistic XP

there better? lolz really sorry i just dont think its that important to write in full (outside school) because 1 im still pretty good at spelling and 2 most people can understand it anyway.

marcdragicevic

[14]Jun 10, 2010

Hmm slightly better, but far from perfect to be honest. But wouldn't you choose to support Dan in what he does?

Edited on 06/10/2010 10:46pm

vanillacupcakes

[15]Jun 10, 2010

Ahem. Choose not chose. I shouldn't be talking.I make grammar errors in every post.

futuramarama

[16]Jun 10, 2010
    speaking of fun facts, are there gonna be any for ipsycho?

ilivelovemusic

[17]Jun 11, 2010
    lol @marcdragicevic far from perfect? ok.. i don't see how(maybe the punctuation?) yea but anyway on topic : I've been waiting for funfacts from Dan for the latest episodes but they never come i enjoy them because i can piece together the things that I've missed out XD I'd really love some for iPsycho too!! go guppy/ethan!! he's soooo cute!!

marcdragicevic

[18]Jun 11, 2010

ilivelovemusic wrote:
    lol @marcdragicevic far from perfect? ok.. i don't see how(maybe the punctuation?) yea but anyway on topic : I've been waiting for funfacts from Dan for the latest episodes but they never come i enjoy them because i can piece together the things that I've missed out XD I'd really love some for iPsycho too!! go guppy/ethan!! he's soooo cute!!
    Ha, I counted like 15 mistakes in there. (Grammar, mainly). Dan will catch up to his 'fun facts', don't you worry about that.

Edited on 06/11/2010 7:44am

vanillacupcakes

[19]Jun 11, 2010

Yeah, Dan mentioned he was too busy. I cut him some slack since he's working on two shows now. I'm still waiting on iFix a Popstar though!!

marcdragicevic

[20]Jul 18, 2010

Aprilshakira wrote:

I agree. And I also hate how he goes: "HMMMM SEDDIE/CREDDIE MAYBE?! MAYBEEEEE.."

Which I understand is promotion and to keep people interested, but I wish he would be more clear sometimes.

Yeah, haha- He loves doing that, I would do that but say it in a different way -

"Sam/Freddie relationship" > ? < "Carly/Freddie relationship"

Edited on 07/18/2010 7:14am