We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Teen Choice Awards

DPluver2012

[1]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 11

I don't know if anyone has made a topic for this one yet, but I just want to get the word out there that Miranda Cosgrove is up for nomination ( not even Nathan or Jennette ) for TCAs. She is up against Selena Gomez and some others. Let's for for Miranda to show our love for Icarly!!! It's for the comedic actress so yea... that is all I have to report lol peace! here is the link :

http://www.teenchoiceawards.com/vote-tv.php hopefully it works. if not , just go to teenchoiceawards.com and go through the voting process.

Edited on 06/15/2010 5:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[2]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 16

Lea Michele from Glee is nominated and also Kaley Cuoco from The Big Bang Theory. Big Bang Theory, Glee, and iCarly are my three favorite shows. Unfortunately, I don't think iCarly will win. WOWP or Glee might win, just because of the type of people who vote often. Last year I voted about 5 times a dayfor iCarly in every tv category(about 5 or 6 maybe)they were nominated in and they lost to all of them. The process is kind of unfair, because you can make up email addresses and have as many accounts as you want to vote.I've seenyoutubevideos ofpeople who open about 20 accountsand vote for Miley for all of them. 0_0I also remember last year they had a "tv sidekick" award and Jennette was nominated, but they don't even have that award this year. I'm going to vote for Miranda though, but just once a day, otherwise it's super time consuming. iCarly is a very popular show, so maybeshe will win. I just think it is kind of unfair that iCarly hasn't won one single award and HM wins about 10. But I shouldn't really take these award shows too seriously. I wishMiranda the best of luck!

charmed4eva112

[3]Jun 16, 2010
    • level: 20
    The Teen Choice Awards are rigged, if you haven't noticed. Remember last year when Twilight won EVERYTHING? Well, in the credits, they mentioned that basically, you can vote, but ultimately, the producers have the final say in who wins. It's all for publicity, and unfortunately, WOWP probably will win. If HM is nominated, then Miley will probably win as well. Lea has a good chance as well, but I sadly doubt Miranda or even Kaley will win. Sorry to burst you bubble guys, but that is the honest and brutal truth, which sucks.

DPluver2012

[4]Jun 16, 2010
    • level: 11
    yea i remember last yr dan posted a screenshot of it saying that. plus i think twilight would win everything regardless bc of all the fan support it has

vanillacupcakes

[5]Jun 16, 2010
    • level: 16

Twilight wins everything based off of votes, whether it's rigged or not. Except for one KCA, but I kind of think that was rigged too. Alvin and the Chipmunks beat Twilight(LOLLLL) which just "happened" to be releasing on DVD the next week and they just "happened" to say so in their acceptance speech. No offense to Twilight fans, but there are a lot of crazy ones. The Team Edward/Team Jacob shipping wars is way worse than Seddie/Creddie, which is saying something to me.

As for the TCAs being rigged, I think they only choose the Ultimate Choice award, which went to Britney Spears. If I don't recall correctly I think that the screencap actually did say that the winners of each category is decided from votes, and that FOX has the ability to choose the ultimate choice award, which is why that wasn't an option to vote for.It didn't say that they got the ultimate choice, it said that they chose who gottheultimate choice, which is the name of theaward. IMO, Dan was beingsort of a sore loser when he tweeted that photo. If it was rigged, I wouldimagine that they would "spread out" the awards and not give all of them to theJonas Brothers, Selena, and Miley.Just because the people that win didn't really deserve to win, doesn't mean that it was rigged. IMO, it's because certain Miley and JB stans have no lives so they spend their summer voting on that site for an hour every day.If it was rigged the results would probably be even better, lol. I think Fox would choose betterwinners if they chose it. Haha.If theUltimate Choice was awardedby voting, then Miley would win. I'm sure of it.

The only reason why I think Glee or WOWP will win, is because a lot of the people that vote on the TCAs over and over again are very close minded and stick to what they think the "good" shows are. Those 2shows definitely have the most hype out of all of them. Not neccessarily the most popular, but the most talked about amongthat age range. The TCAs aren't even teens usually,now there are8-10 year olds voting too. As much as Ilove "The Big Bang Theory", I don't think they'll win any awards at all.

liliceyblue

[6]Jun 17, 2010
    • level: 2

I think Lea will win. Glee's probably the most hyped at the moment. I think Glee deserves the win (it's true, I like Glee lol!) though I don't agree with Lea winning the COMEDY actress category :/ Glee is funny yet it just doesn't see right that Lea be up against someone like Kaley in the COMEDY category. I wish Miranda the best of luck, but I don't think she stands a chance sadly. The lack of iCarly nominations is quite depressing :[

Edited on 06/16/2010 11:38pm

Girlygirl24

[7]Jun 17, 2010
    • level: 28
    I was pissed when HM won over ICarly last year i mean really?!?!?!?! i wish Miranda well win

marcdragicevic

[8]Jul 18, 2010
    • level: 21
    I never seen 'Hannah Montana', but I think one of the main reasons it won was because; it featured "Miley Cyrus."