We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Superpowers

ultimatekey

[1]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 22

What if the iCarly gang get superpowers? Whenever Spencer sets something on fire, it seems that he could have the power to spontaneously combust things. I know its a running gag, but this idea just popped into my head. What if there was an episode where Carly and her friends get superpowers?

Carly: Shape-Shifting and Telepathy. She can turn into anybody and anything. Also, she can read minds, cast illusions, and erase memories. Kind of like Mystique and Emma Frost.

Freddie: Technokinesis, Electrokinesis, and Genius Level Intellect. He could be the inventor of the team. He can talk to machines and manipulate them. Also, he could generate and manipulate electricity. He is similar to Electro.

Sam: Super-Strength, Invulnerability, and Flight. Similar to Ms. Marvel

Spencer: Pyrokinesis, since anything he touches bursts into flames sometimes. He can be creative as Pyro. Pyro has the power of pyrokinesis and he is creative with his power. He can make a giant bird out of fire. Spencer could probably do something artistic with this power. Also, he could set himself on fire and fly and absorb fire. This power can make him immune to fire. I figure he would have the same powers as The Human Torch.

Gibby: Super-Speed and Cloning. ATTACK OF THE GIBBIES!!!!!!!!! He would be as fast as Quicksilver or Flash. His cloning would be like Multiple Man aka Jamie Madrox. Whenever Jamie clones himself, his clones are called "Madri" or "Madroxes." The real Jamie is called "Jamie Prime."I think the power of cloning would be the best one for Gibby.

Edited on 07/07/2011 9:45pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pscf3

[2]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 16
    Wtf?

hurr05

[3]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 10

Seriously dude...wtf??? Go take this thread to the Spongebob boards.

RiciSmokes2

[4]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 7
    I thought it was nicely thought out.

futuramarama

[5]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 37
    i could see this. of course, it would have to be a dream episode (obviously), but it could happen

vanillacupcakes

[6]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 16

Hey, I thought this was pretty good! Don't judge. (colon pee)

I think it's because things on the show are so exaggerated, they feel like super powers. Like Sam has a super fast metabolism. She can eat a whole ham yet still be skinny. She can beat people twice her size. She can beat Freddie in an arm wrestling competition, even though he has gigantic biceps now. It's humorous. Even when Spencer isn't doing something that involves electricity, it still catches on fire. That's what makes it funny.

iCarly isn't the most realistic show. People take a lot of the things seriously(like Sam electrocuting Freddie or Carly electrocuting Spencer). So this superpower thing makes a lot of sense to me.

Gibby is exaggeratedly clueless and naive. It's not a strength, so I guess that's why you have to sort of stretch it to think of a superpower for him. Maybe he could be the "distraction" of this superhero team and throw off whoever the villain is.

I could see this as a webshow segment.

Edited on 07/05/2011 8:11pm

RomanZolanski

[7]Jul 5, 2011
    • level: 12
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

Hey, I thought this was pretty good! Don't judge. (colon pee)

I think it's because things on the show are so exaggerated, they feel like super powers. Like Sam has a super fast metabolism. She can eat a whole ham yet still be skinny. She can beat people twice her size. She can beat Freddie in an arm wrestling competition, even though he has gigantic biceps now. It's humorous. Even when Spencer isn't doing something that involves electricity, it still catches on fire. That's what makes it funny.

PLUS her battle against that giant in iMSG.

But yea, I think this would be a great idea. Like ncorporating different quirks and attitudes and gags. Really thinking outside of the box.

teenj12

[8]Jul 6, 2011
    • level: 26
    I thought it was nicely thought out too . Good work!

ultimatekey

[9]Jul 7, 2011
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, I meant it as a dream episode. I guess Gibby, Freddy, or Spencer could be the one to have the dream. Or maybe the gang is sleeping in the same room and they are having the same dream. Could work.

RomanZolanski

[10]Jul 7, 2011
    ultimatekey wrote:
    Thanks guys!

Yeah, I meant it as a dream episode. I guess Gibby, Freddy, or Spencer could be the one to have the dream. Or maybe the gang is sleeping in the same room and they are having the same dream. Could work.

Hmm, could.. but they already did that with iDream of Dance. What if it's like for a webcast for iCarly? Like the gang could actually create this special webisode with special effects and everything, make it into a real short film.

teenj12

[11]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 26
    RomanZolanski wrote:
    ultimatekey wrote:
    Thanks guys!

Hmm, could.. but they already did that with iDream of Dance. What if it's like for a webcast for iCarly? Like the gang could actually create this special webisode with special effects and everything, make it into a real short film.
    Creative Idea .

futuramarama

[12]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 37
    when i said in my original post here that it would 'have to be a dream', i was trying to shed some light in this thread, since the first two posts were pretty much saying it was a really weird idea (which in a way, it is, but it's unique). i hadn't thought of it all the way through and merely thought the only way it could work would be in a dream, kinda like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody where it happened. carly, sam, freddie, gibby and spencer could have powers and defeat a villain (like nevel, or nora!), and it could be a half-hour dream episode. or, it could also work as a webcast. it's a pretty interesting idea and it could be really funny. i wish something like this would happen

jegolas1973

[13]Jul 8, 2011

What if the iCarly characters had bending powers like the characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender? Here's what I'd think each one would be:

Carly- Waterbender

Sam- Airbender

Freddie- Earthbender

Spencer- Firebender

Gibby- Avatar

sockstar

[14]Jul 8, 2011
    There's actually a fanfic based on this.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5889328/1/iDiscover_I_Have_Superpowers

It's a cam fic (but fakes out Seddie and Creddie before Cam happens) and it's probably a dead fic.

nicknameless101

[15]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 25

Yeah, superpowers would be cool for the iCarly gang, although I have to agree that it would most likely occur in a dream or as special effects in their webcast.