We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Sam and Freddie... is Helga Pataki split in half

arnoldmcguire

[1]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 12

Just realized something related to both Sam and Freddie... they have traits that Hey Arnold!'s Helga Pataki had. here:

Sam Puckett has Helga's bashing someone (mostly upon Freddie like how Helga does to Arnold or others), tomboy qualities, being forgotten by her parents and having a perfect sibling (Olga=Melanie), while Freddie Benson has Helga's being in love to the main character, the difference is that unlike Helga, Freddie openly shows it to Carly. in short, Sam has 75% of Helga while Freddie has 25% of her, and arguing sometimes with the one who "hates" him (Arnold to Helga= Freddie to Sam)

That was something I found out, could Dan Schneider model both Sam and Freddie by being inspired by Helga?

Edited on 03/07/2010 9:52pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

XEOCX

[2]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 7

I sort of see Freddie and Sam's relationship more so in Jimmy Neutron. Cindy and Jimmy fighting all the time.

Aprilshakira

[3]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 10

Wow, I never thought about it that way! I agree, but to be honest..

I think Dan Schneider stole the Sam/Freddie relationship. Not technically stole, but I can't think of a better word. I guess.. copied? In my opinion, he copied it off CC and Niles on The Nanny. I even noticed he stole a few jokes from The Nanny too! I've been watching The Nanny on Nick@Nite for a while now, and I heard about three jokes stolen from The Nanny that are in iCarly. I was extremely surpsied, too. (And those jokes actually were from Niles and CC.) So.. yeah. I think Dan copied Seddie off of Niles/CC.

XEOCX

[4]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 7

Like what quotes?

Aprilshakira

[5]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 10
    XEOCX wrote:

Like what quotes?

Well I can't tell you specifically, since I don't remember them -- but I do recall watching The Nanny, and then a light bulb went off in my head that said "OMG THAT WAS ON ICARLY!" And that happened like 3 times. =/

iCarly317

[6]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 13
    I hate when these comparisons come up every now and then. Just because its similar doesn't mean it will happen. Besides, show something that's different from what you already know in a show (since we can already make exact comparisons like that).

saylavee

[7]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 18
    Yeah, i agree with andrew, the love/hate relationship is a common relationship (that usually ends up happening 90% of the time )

But, i feel the sam and freddie isnt a mix of helga pataki, i feel like iCarly's love triangle is similar to hey arnold's love triangle though.

Take a look:

Freddie = Arnold, has a crush on Lila who openly states she does not like him in the same way.

Carly = Lila (that nice country girl) Is crushed on by Arnold, but openly states that she likes him, but doesnt "LIKE like him".

Sam = Helga, bothers arnold, says she hates him but really doesnt, (and secretly likes him)

arnoldmcguire

[8]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 12

saylavee wrote:
    Yeah, i agree with andrew, the love/hate relationship is a common relationship (that usually ends up happening 90% of the time ) But, i feel the sam and freddie isnt a mix of helga pataki, i feel like iCarly's love triangle is similar to hey arnold's love triangle though. Take a look: Freddie = Arnold, has a crush on Lila who openly states she does not like him in the same way. Carly = Lila (that nice country girl) Is crushed on by Arnold, but openly states that she likes him, but doesnt "LIKE like him". Sam = Helga, bothers arnold, says she hates him but really doesnt, (and secretly likes him)

It might, it might not, because that will be depending on what happens throughout the show until the show closer (final season episode). Also, the OP post was based mostly from a Creddie perspective and mostly from Helga's personality, although the iCarly triangle= Arnold's triangle is ok too, although Arnold never got w/ Lila in the show as a GF, it might not the say the same for Freddie and Carly, since we have a long way before Freddie tells the truth about with his feelings.

Edited on 03/09/2010 4:34pm