We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Role ideas for McCurdy

thundercat2000

[1]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 17

I would like to see her play the opposite of Sam. In a dramatic role. Maybe a victim after Sam is a bully and it would be differant for her to avoid typecasting.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[2]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 25

Well, Jennette already played Sam's twin sister, Melanie, who obviously Sam's opposite.

pscf3

[3]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 16
    Jennette always seems to play the bad guy.

teenj12

[4]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 26
    nicknameless101 wrote:

Well, Jennette already played Sam's twin sister, Melanie, who obviously Sam's opposite.

This.

Some actors just have specific parts of genre.

chicamusica12

[5]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 13
    Jennette's a good actress, she could probably land some diverse roles if the opportunity presented itself.

vanillacupcakes

[6]Jul 11, 2011

What are you just talking about?? She played a rape victim and did just fine. I don't know if anybody watches Medium but she also played that girl who was kidnapped/choked in the "castle"(see edit). There are probably a few other roles too. She did great dramatic roles when she was younger and I wish she would get back to doing those. She's good at playing a murderer/bully too though. I like her in both types of roles but I prefer her dramatic roles over her comedic ones tbqh.

EDIT: I found the clip I was trying to explain but failed at explaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IZ6fIlfxfA

EDIT again: I forgot about Judging Amy. Maybe it's because I didn't watch a lot of that show, but I came across the video to that one too. I'm going video crazy and posting a few types of "roles" I would like her to be doing in the future. I wish I could find videos of Miranda when she was younger. I thought she was a great actress too. *sigh* Stupid copyrights making me unable to find these things.

http://www.videohippy.com/video/134044/Judging-Amy--Jennette-McCurdy

By "crazy" role, I would like Jennette AND Miranda to play a role(f.e. disorder) like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_fviyAygRc

Sorry for the Jennette promotion there, but I couldn't describe the roles I was talking about very well.

Edited on 07/11/2011 7:20pm
    Edited 3 total times.

vanillacupcakes

[7]Jul 11, 2011

Oh and I really didn't like her as Melanie. I wouldn't want her to play a character like her. Actually, I can't think of an actress who could play Melanie and make me go "Wow, she's a very good actress". I kind of like Melanie, but something about her irks me. Just a personal, weird opinion. It might be because we don't know enough about her so she seems boring and one dimensional.

EDIT: Another role she shouldn't do....anything that's like Fred the Movie. -_-

Edited on 07/11/2011 7:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RiciSmokes2

[8]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 7
    For me it's Melanie's voice that irks me. IDK how a Melanie-like character could be a lead for a good show/movie. They're generally the lesser characters. I think Jeanette has a bright future, and she has a wide scope of talent. So she should be quite successful.

Zwingli4

[9]Jul 15, 2011

vanillacupcakes wrote:

What are you just talking about?? She played a rape victim and did just fine. I don't know if anybody watches Medium but she also played that girl who was kidnapped/choked in the "castle"(see edit). There are probably a few other roles too. She did great dramatic roles when she was younger and I wish she would get back to doing those. She's good at playing a murderer/bully too though. I like her in both types of roles but I prefer her dramatic roles over her comedic ones tbqh.

EDIT: I found the clip I was trying to explain but failed at explaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IZ6fIlfxfA

EDIT again: I forgot about Judging Amy. Maybe it's because I didn't watch a lot of that show, but I came across the video to that one too. I'm going video crazy and posting a few types of "roles" I would like her to be doing in the future. I wish I could find videos of Miranda when she was younger. I thought she was a great actress too. *sigh* Stupid copyrights making me unable to find these things.

http://www.videohippy.com/video/134044/Judging-Amy--Jennette-McCurdy

By "crazy" role, I would like Jennette AND Miranda to play a role(f.e. disorder) like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_fviyAygRc

Sorry for the Jennette promotion there, but I couldn't describe the roles I was talking about very well.

I dunno. When I think of that role in "Medium", I think here we have an actress playing a rape victim, and a killer (she killed her captor)--at the age of twelve!? I see that and think to myself "what is wrong with Hollywood?" You may think I'm over reacting, but I did have to stop watching "Law and Order SVU." That show featured a lot of stories about children being raped and murdered, and even though it is a well done show, I found it to be extremely depressing. Indeed SVU may be the most depressing show on TV, with the exception of "Criminal Minds." (Jennette played a child victim on that show too didn't she?) I think the powers that be in the entertainment industry have dwelt too long in lurid land. Still I'd like to see Jennette do some drama, as long as it isn't one of those dark, disturbing, and depressing roles she played earlier in her career.

Edited on 07/15/2011 12:38am
    Edited 2 total times.

RiciSmokes2

[10]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 7
    ^ Uh... What other kind of drama is there lol?

vanillacupcakes

[11]Jul 15, 2011
    I was wondering that too. I like dramas and I think she could pull off those kind of roles(victims or bullies). At least in the episodes of Medium and Law & Order SVU that Jennette was in, the guilty person got caught. I think that is "happy" enough.

Zwingli4

[12]Jul 15, 2011

Hey, I like Hamlet as much as the next guy, it's just that I find stories about children being raped tortured and murdered depress me. Pardon me for having a soul.

teenj12

[13]Jul 15, 2011
    • level: 26
    Zwingli4 wrote:

Hey, I like Hamlet as much as the next guy, it's just that I find stories about children being raped tortured and murdered depress me. Pardon me for having a soul.

Of course that's depressing, but that doesn't mean you have no soul if enjoy the s/l.

KJLwriter

[14]Jul 26, 2011
    • level: 8
    I think she can do well with any kind of role. I would kind of like to see her do a musical and incorporate her singing and acting with one whole production. I think that would be cool.