We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Review Response

stui8

[1]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 30

Hi i just thought i'd make a thread where we can voice are opions about a resposce because i know people are dieing to tell people soestuff based on thier responce not just Thumbds Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[2]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 16
    ...like what kind of responses?? You mean comment on the reviews on here?

saylavee

[3]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 18

Well, to the negatives ones...

MLP

RomanZolanski

[4]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 12
    OOOOHHHH, I get it now! Aha, you mean in the reviews section! I kinda got confused when I first saw this thread. But it's so true, I wanna comment on the reviews or something rather than giving it a thumbs down. Many people think this show is trash, and I just wanna say that if they don't like it, don't even bother with it. Don't watch it, don't go to its forums, don't even let it cross your mind.

LOL anyways, there are a lot of loyal fans though that write good responses. Although it's funny that the haters have so much to say about a show, like the characters and the plots, which means they've obviously WATCHED enough of this so called 'trashy show' to know so much about it.

vanillacupcakes

[5]Apr 30, 2011

^Agreed! If you hate the show so much, why do you know so many details on it??

I ranted about it already on this thread, but it was more of a generalization of everybody. I guess this is to comment on specific ones?? Haha, too many. I'll pick one of the reviews with a lot of thumbs ups. I am perfectly aware that this person won't come on this forum and read it, but I will direct it to him/her regardless.

FourArms10 wrote:
    If this show was directed towards teenagers and not 8 year olds, I'd be more ok with this but I'm not. iCarly is about a not so funny girl (Carly) that's a star on the not so funny webshow iCarly. This show is one of the worst shows I've seen. I'd rather watch yo-Gabba-Gabba than this stuff. This show teaches little kids to become criminals because of Sam always doing random not so funny crap and no one doing anything about it. Another aspect of this show is that it makes fun of hobos too much. What's funny about homeless people? Look at the economy and unemployment rates! As for the episodes, I thought the earlier episodes were "decent" but afterwards they just got dumber with every season. Especially that iFred and ikiss episode. iCarly's teaching little kids that being different is wrong in every way Well you know what, I Don't think that fred is funny!!!!!! Oh where's the fire arrow huh? See I can express my own opinions. Go ahead get mad at me all you want but guess what.....I don't friggin' care! iKiss was just ridiculous. That episode shows that it's ok to get your first kiss when you're 6 years old and that being a 15 year old teenager without a 1st kiss yet will get you nowhere in life. I'm going to describe my opinion of each character with brevity.

Carly: Not funny, spoiled brat, and slut

Sam: Rude, violent, bad influence, bi, and again, not funny

Freddy: weak, spineless, oblivious, Spencer: funny (it varies), clumsy, bad guardian

Gibby: annoying, g** , insecure

I'n sorry for dissing any fans, but it's my opinion. No one can change it.

1. It's not just aimed towards 8 year olds. It's such an ignorant assumption. A lot of 8 year olds watch it, but the good thing about the show is that Dan puts in references for older people too. Not just the 12-15 year old kids, but the parents who have to sit through it. Seriously, what 8 year old kid watches "Silence of the Lambs" to catch the reference in iOMG?? You know a lot of 8 year olds who watch "The Shining" to get the reference in iSYL? Or know who "The Carpenters" are to understand the iGAHR joke?? The number of adult viewers is higher than other kiddie shows. It's fine to say you or other teenagers/adults don't like it, but they put thought into pleasing everybody, which you will never know about because you're just judging it without paying attention.

2. Teaches kids to be criminals?? Uh-huh, my little cousins are inspired to vandalize pet photography studios and steal after watching this show. They want to jump out of airplanes into Japan and knock out psycho girls who trap them in closets. I hope you realize that all of Dan Schneider's shows are exaggerated. This show isn't meant to preach stuff at you(well except iSAFW -_-). Get that through your head. This isn't Disney. It will teach you lessons in a different way, you just have to think about it. They do not want to be told lessons they get enough in real life from their parents and school. They want to watch kids have fun and live their fantasies that will never happen. You are underestimating the intelligence of little kids. They aren't stupid enough to try the stuff they do in iCarly, if they are, then they are too young to be watching the show(it specifically is Y7 for fantasy violence). When an 8 year old kid swings a sock of butter at a tv producer, let me know. When they are punished, they are punished in ways you don't expect. When Carly says to Sam "You're gonna get it!" when Sam sets up a speed date contest, she really does end up getting it. She doesn't get a date to the girl's choice dance and can't even hang out with Carly and Freddie afterwards. In fact that punishment is harsh for what she did.

3. I hope you know that they have already stopped doing hobo jokes after this. Are you happy now?? This has been a running gag that Dan has done since "All That"(or maybe sooner). He wrote a post somewhere saying that his hobo jokes are referring to the people who choose to be homeless. It is not supposed to be taken seriously. They aren't the only tv show that mocks other people.

4. Don't judge an episode by iFred. That episode sucks. Although speaking of adult references...the "I buried Paul" is a reference towards that Beatles' controversy. You aren't supposed to take it seriously(I wonder how many times I was going to say that?). Do you realize how they made the Fred fans being angry at Freddie look ridiculous and out of hand?? They make things look ridiculous to make fun of them. Speaking of which, there is quite a bit black comedy in there, which I bet you don't enjoy either. That's okay, but that doesn't mean that other people don't.

5. Sam apologized, she knew she was wrong, she regretted it, and she got everybody else to lay off. They realized it's not right. I guess you must have missed that part of the episode.

6. You've got to be kidding me. Basically all of the characters are "different". You probably missed the end of iWin a Date and iMake Sam Girlier.

7. I've already ranted about Carly, but she cares about others. When she gets what she wants, it always involves somebody else being happy. If she defies Spencer, it's because she isn't used to Spencer being less laid-back. She has flaws, but that is what makes her a realistic character. Carly is a slut? Okay, then why can't she even used the correct terms when she's talking about the horses in iOMG? Why does she not want to talk about wrestling squirrels?? The girl is extremely innocent, just because she's a teenage girl who wants to date guys doesn't make her a slut.

8. Because Sam is like a tomboy it makes her bisexual I guess? Wow....great assumption you got there. I am fine with people who think she is bisexual because they ship Cam or through innuendos, but it sounds like you're attempting to make this be an insult. I've also ranted about her and I won't again. I already said how this show isn't a "bad influence". The same goes for Sam. You're missing the depth and dimension in her character, her motives behind her actions, and I'm just not going to go through all this again.

9. Okay, I haven't ranted about Freddie because the majority of people see he is a good person. Maybe you haven't seen the later seasons because Freddie has developed and grown out of being spineless. He doesn't let Sam get away with her sh!t, he stands up to her, he doesn't let Carly push him around with her "Please? For me?" line, he can give people a taste of their own medicien(faking a text from Gary Wolf, hiring another attractive idiot), etc. The kid is smart.

10. Watch iWanna Stay with Spencer. Enough said. Also, Spencer is very protective of Carly, even though he is an all around cool guy. He will lay down the law when necessary.

11. Again with using things like gay and bisexual as insults. Gibby is a total pimp. ) They use it as a joke, but he gets attractive girls now. Gibby is very confident and embraces who he is, which brings me back to the "It's okay to be different, just be yourself" message I said in point #6. What insecure kid dances around with his shirt off all the time?? He doesn't give a sh!t what other people think.

12. You're not really sorry. Like when people say "No offense"....it means it's offensive. I can't change your opinion, but I can say my opinion of why I think you are wrong.

Edited on 04/30/2011 9:09pm

marcdragicevic

[6]May 1, 2011
    • level: 21
    Most of them are just trolls, pretty much.

pscf3

[7]May 1, 2011
    Hmmm, didnt know about the hobo scandal.

Those jokes were kinda funny.

vanillacupcakes wrote:

^Agreed! If you hate the show so much, why do you know so many details on it??

I ranted about it already on this thread, but it was more of a generalization of everybody. I guess this is to comment on specific ones?? Haha, too many. I'll pick one of the reviews with a lot of thumbs ups. I am perfectly aware that this person won't come on this forum and read it, but I will direct it to him/her regardless.

FourArms10 wrote:
    If this show was directed towards teenagers and not 8 year olds, I'd be more ok with this but I'm not. iCarly is about a not so funny girl (Carly) that's a star on the not so funny webshow iCarly. This show is one of the worst shows I've seen. I'd rather watch yo-Gabba-Gabba than this stuff. This show teaches little kids to become criminals because of Sam always doing random not so funny crap and no one doing anything about it. Another aspect of this show is that it makes fun of hobos too much. What's funny about homeless people? Look at the economy and unemployment rates! As for the episodes, I thought the earlier episodes were "decent" but afterwards they just got dumber with every season. Especially that iFred and ikiss episode. iCarly's teaching little kids that being different is wrong in every way Well you know what, I Don't think that fred is funny!!!!!! Oh where's the fire arrow huh? See I can express my own opinions. Go ahead get mad at me all you want but guess what.....I don't friggin' care! iKiss was just ridiculous. That episode shows that it's ok to get your first kiss when you're 6 years old and that being a 15 year old teenager without a 1st kiss yet will get you nowhere in life. I'm going to describe my opinion of each character with brevity.

Carly: Not funny, spoiled brat, and slut

Sam: Rude, violent, bad influence, bi, and again, not funny

Freddy: weak, spineless, oblivious, Spencer: funny (it varies), clumsy, bad guardian

Gibby: annoying, g** , insecure

I'n sorry for dissing any fans, but it's my opinion. No one can change it.

1. It's not just aimed towards 8 year olds. It's such an ignorant assumption. A lot of 8 year olds watch it, but the good thing about the show is that Dan puts in references for older people too. Not just the 12-15 year old kids, but the parents who have to sit through it. Seriously, what 8 year old kid watches "Silence of the Lambs" to catch the reference in iOMG?? You know a lot of 8 year olds who watch "The Shining" to get the reference in iSYL? Or know who "The Carpenters" are to understand the iGAHR joke?? The number of adult viewers is higher than other kiddie shows. It's fine to say you or other teenagers/adults don't like it, but they put thought into pleasing everybody, which you will never know about because you're just judging it without paying attention.

2. Teaches kids to be criminals?? Uh-huh, my little cousins are inspired to vandalize pet photography studios and steal after watching this show. They want to jump out of airplanes into Japan and knock out psycho girls who trap them in closets. I hope you realize that all of Dan Schneider's shows are exaggerated. This show isn't meant to preach stuff at you(well except iSAFW -_-). Get that through your head. This isn't Disney. It will teach you lessons in a different way, you just have to think about it. They do not want to be told lessons they get enough in real life from their parents and school. They want to watch kids have fun and live their fantasies that will never happen. You are underestimating the intelligence of little kids. They aren't stupid enough to try the stuff they do in iCarly, if they are, then they are too young to be watching the show(it specifically is Y7 for fantasy violence). When an 8 year old kid swings a sock of butter at a tv producer, let me know. When they are punished, they are punished in ways you don't expect. When Carly says to Sam "You're gonna get it!" when Sam sets up a speed date contest, she really does end up getting it. She doesn't get a date to the girl's choice dance and can't even hang out with Carly and Freddie afterwards. In fact that punishment is harsh for what she did.

3. I hope you know that they have already stopped doing hobo jokes after this. Are you happy now?? This has been a running gag that Dan has done since "All That"(or maybe sooner). He wrote a post somewhere saying that his hobo jokes are referring to the people who choose to be homeless. It is not supposed to be taken seriously. They aren't the only tv show that mocks other people.

4. Don't judge an episode by iFred. That episode sucks. Although speaking of adult references...the "I buried Paul" is a reference towards that Beatles' controversy. You aren't supposed to take it seriously(I wonder how many times I was going to say that?). Do you realize how they made the Fred fans being angry at Freddie look ridiculous and out of hand?? They make things look ridiculous to make fun of them. Speaking of which, there is quite a bit black comedy in there, which I bet you don't enjoy either. That's okay, but that doesn't mean that other people don't.

5. Sam apologized, she knew she was wrong, she regretted it, and she got everybody else to lay off. They realized it's not right. I guess you must have missed that part of the episode.

6. You've got to be kidding me. Basically all of the characters are "different". You probably missed the end of iWin a Date and iMake Sam Girlier.

7. I've already ranted about Carly, but she cares about others. When she gets what she wants, it always involves somebody else being happy. If she defies Spencer, it's because she isn't used to Spencer being less laid-back. She has flaws, but that is what makes her a realistic character. Carly is a slut? Okay, then why can't she even used the correct terms when she's talking about the horses in iOMG? Why does she not want to talk about wrestling squirrels?? The girl is extremely innocent, just because she's a teenage girl who wants to date guys doesn't make her a slut.

8. Because Sam is like a tomboy it makes her bisexual I guess? Wow....great assumption you got there. I am fine with people who think she is bisexual because they ship Cam or through innuendos, but it sounds like you're attempting to make this be an insult. I've also ranted about her and I won't again. I already said how this show isn't a "bad influence". The same goes for Sam. You're missing the depth and dimension in her character, her motives behind her actions, and I'm just not going to go through all this again.

9. Okay, I haven't ranted about Freddie because the majority of people see he is a good person. Maybe you haven't seen the later seasons because Freddie has developed and grown out of being spineless. He doesn't let Sam get away with her sh!t, he stands up to her, he doesn't let Carly push him around with her "Please? For me?" line, he can give people a taste of their own medicien(faking a text from Gary Wolf, hiring another attractive idiot), etc. The kid is smart.

10. Watch iWanna Stay with Spencer. Enough said. Also, Spencer is very protective of Carly, even though he is an all around cool guy. He will lay down the law when necessary.

11. Again with using things like gay and bisexual as insults. Gibby is a total pimp. ) They use it as a joke, but he gets attractive girls now. Gibby is very confident and embraces who he is, which brings me back to the "It's okay to be different, just be yourself" message I said in point #6. What insecure kid dances around with his shirt off all the time?? He doesn't give a sh!t what other people think.

12. You're not really sorry. Like when people say "No offense"....it means it's offensive. I can't change your opinion, but I can say my opinion of why I think you are wrong.

stui8

[8]May 1, 2011
    saylavee wrote:

Well, to the negatives ones...

MLP

to the positive ones too

stui8

[9]May 1, 2011

to Dudet4:

I dont know how old your kids are but the show isn't Seame Street or Dora. its not a show that teahces morals if you wnat that watch Noggin.

and i just wanna know why everyone thinks Carly acts spoiled?

thats really all i have to say