We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Production Season 5

Ruffmanfan882

[1]Dec 17, 2011
    • level: 6

The cast will be back shooting more episodes starting late Janurary 2012.

Noah Said that they will be shooting more than 13 episodes this time around. It looks like the show got more episodes ordered after the renewal in April

In Dan'said latest blog Dan Wrote this

We've been filming new episodes of Victorious and prepping for new episodes of iCarly, which will begin production soon. It's always a challenge to film two TV series at once. Getting ready for double-production takes a lot of prep work.

It might be that Victorious and iCarly maybe rotating production weeks.iCarly one week and than Victorious the next week.

Also Dan did say this

I'm working on an outline for a 60 or 90 minute iCarly special that MIGHT (and I did say "might") bring back one of the most popular TV show casts ever! I hope it'll happen. I think it will

Some people think it might be Drake and Josh and some do not, will Just have to see what happens

Edited on 01/16/2012 11:42pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ruffmanfan882

[2]Dec 19, 2011
    According to Dan's New blog. He will be filming both shows at the same time. Also he is going to be creating a new tv show
    http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-episodes-more-icarly-victorious.html

Diamondgrl13

[3]Dec 19, 2011

Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

Also Dan did say this

I'm working on an outline for a 60 or 90 minute iCarly special that MIGHT (and I did say "might") bring back one of the most popular TV show casts ever! I hope it'll happen. I think it will

Some people think it might be Drake and Josh and some do not, will Just have to see what happens

I kind of wonder if it's even from one of his shows. "one of the most popular TV show casts ever" doesn't NECESSARILY mean from HIS show...riiiiight??? Idk. Part of me guesses that it's like, the Friends cast or something. I mean, he does have a David Schwimmer obsession, right?? He's been mentioned several times before....hmmmm....... Plus, think about it..Friends AND iCarly together??? That'd be pretty crazy! Just crazy enough for Dan, I think. You never know, it could work!!

teenj12

[4]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 26
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

The cast will be back shooting more episodes starting late Janurary 2012.

Noah Said that they will be shooting more than 13 episodes this time around. It looks like the show got more episodes ordered after the renewal in April

In Dan'said latest blog Dan Wrote this

We've been filming new episodes of Victorious and prepping for new episodes of iCarly, which will begin production soon. It's always a challenge to film two TV series at once. Getting ready for double-production takes a lot of prep work.

It might be that Victorious and iCarly maybe rotating production weeks.iCarly one week and than Victorious the next week.

Also Dan did say this

Interesting stuff!

ollibot284

[5]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 9

If dan makes another show it should have a male main character I'm tired of all these female main characters shows. Both nick and disney channel are only doing shows with a female protagonist. Its like they think only girls watch their channels. I want them to go back to making shows with male main characters. nick and disney channel have made enough shows with female main characters We need a show with a male main character

Diamondgrl13

[6]Jan 13, 2012
    ollibot284 wrote:

If dan makes another show it should have a male main character I'm tired of all these female main characters shows. Both nick and disney channel are only doing shows with a female protagonist. Its like they think only girls watch their channels. I want them to go back to making shows with male main characters. nick and disney channel have made enough shows with female main characters We need a show with a male main character

What about Kickin' It on Disney XD? That's a main male character...mostly male characters, actually. But yeah, I get your point...most are female.

teenj12

[7]Jan 13, 2012
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    ollibot284 wrote:

What about Kickin' It on Disney XD? That's a main male character...mostly male characters, actually. But yeah, I get your point...most are female.
    This. Its really sexist.

marcdragicevic

[8]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 21
    What aboyt Drake and Josh, 2 main male characters.

pscf3

[9]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 16
    Becuase female characters are more fun to watch. .

I can relate to guy main characters, though.

marcdragicevic

[10]Jan 13, 2012
    pscf3 wrote:
    Becuase female characters are more fun to watch. .

I can relate to guy main characters, though.

Haha agree with that, they are fun to watch alright.

Diamondgrl13

[11]Jan 13, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    ollibot284 wrote:

This. Its really sexist.

What's really sexist? The fact that most shows on Disney and Nick have female main characters? Or something that I said?

Fireofnature

[12]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 13
    I think it was something the other guy said, but I don't really see much sexism in there, more thought provoking matters. Let's think about this, all or most of the Disney shows we can think of have had the main characters as female and usually a lesser or dumber male character. The same could be said of Nick, but there I've seen a lot of shows with the leading crucial character as a guy, so I don't know if one could really put the two networks in the same boat.

teenj12

[13]Jan 14, 2012
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    ollibot284 wrote:

This. Its really sexist.

What's really sexist? The fact that most shows on Disney and Nick have female main characters? Or something that I said?
    The fact that most shows on Disney and Nick have female main characters.

marcdragicevic

[14]Jan 14, 2012
    I don't think that's sexist though, doesn't worry me.

Diamondgrl13

[15]Jan 15, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    ollibot284 wrote:

This. Its really sexist.

Oh ok. Yeah well it is kinda uneven that way but honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. I never actually really notice stuff like that. But that's just me. :-)

marcdragicevic

[16]Jan 15, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    ollibot284 wrote:

This. Its really sexist.

Is that such a bad thing? Maybe it's just a coincidence, I'm guessing. Maybe what some of the shows are about, require female characters to fulfil this.

pscf3

[17]Jan 15, 2012
    • level: 16
    teenj12 wrote:
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    ollibot284 wrote:

This. Its really sexist.

So you would rather watch guys than girls?

marcdragicevic

[18]Jan 16, 2012

I think it's safe to say that production for Season 5 *Broadcast* is done. (Was ages ago but anyhow). Production for Season 6 *Broadcast* is next. Starts very shortly.

Edited on 01/17/2012 5:25am