We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Spencer Shay/Jerry Trainor Discussion

iskabibble07

[41]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 13

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    I wonder if they'll ever give him a girlfriend on the show...
    Hard to see how they could find an actress or a character to keep up with him. Besides that might disturb the balance of the show since Spencer's role in the show is to be there for Carly. Its cute when he flirts with girls his age and maybe dates some but I don't think I would like him having a steady girl who would just get in the way.
    Yeah I was just contemplating the idea. And what you said makes sense, but at the same time, having a character that old who doesn't have a significant other does seem a little odd as well.

They do show him having romantic interests from time to time so we know he is a normal guy. As long as we know he is not weird in "that" way (besides his funny weirdness which we love), we won't get creeped out. I can see that he would not be looking for a serious long term romance right now. He has Carly to take care of and he is really into his career so he may want to wait a bit before settling down. Now if the show goes like 5 years, then yeah, since the kids will probably start having serious relationships (maybe with each other) then it would make sense. I just like the chemestry and balance of the four characters as they are right now. I bet Dan will go slow in changing anything.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Animegirlx

[42]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    Well actually... Spencer has been kissed on the show already...

Animegirlx

[43]Jul 7, 2008
    • level: 7
    iskabibble07 wrote:

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Hard to see how they could find an actress or a character to keep up with him. Besides that might disturb the balance of the show since Spencer's role in the show is to be there for Carly. Its cute when he flirts with girls his age and maybe dates some but I don't think I would like him having a steady girl who would just get in the way.
    Yeah I was just contemplating the idea. And what you said makes sense, but at the same time, having a character that old who doesn't have a significant other does seem a little odd as well.

They do show him having romantic interests from time to time so we know he is a normal guy. As long as we know he is not weird in "that" way (besides his funny weirdness which we love), we won't get creeped out. I can see that he would not be looking for a serious long term romance right now. He has Carly to take care of and he is really into his career so he may want to wait a bit before settling down. Now if the show goes like 5 years, then yeah, since the kids will probably start having serious relationships (maybe with each other) then it would make sense. I just like the chemestry and balance of the four characters as they are right now. I bet Dan will go slow in changing anything.

Yes exactly! Like Zoey 101! Or like Drake and Josh they grew up the show as their character! I think that iCarly will actually run for more than 3 years! But that would be weird because the cast will get too old... Carly is 13 and in three years she will be 16. But Miranda Cosgrove will be 18 when a "Carly" is 16. Not to mention Spencer gettin old!!

iskabibble07

[44]Aug 11, 2008
    Maybe it has already been observed but Spencer seems to spend a HUGE amount of time in the shower or the bathtub. And in some sitautions, such as when the lady from the elite school was in the apartment interviewing Carly, she ran right into the shower with Spencer. He also walks around an awful lot with just a towel on. I guess he has a "thing" about constantly showering. But he did say that he gets his best inspiration when wet. So maybe that is it.

ger5632

[45]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 24

iskabibble07 wrote:
    Maybe it has already been observed but Spencer seems to spend a HUGE amount of time in the shower or the bathtub. And in some sitautions, such as when the lady from the elite school was in the apartment interviewing Carly, she ran right into the shower with Spencer. He also walks around an awful lot with just a towel on. I guess he has a "thing" about constantly showering. But he did say that he gets his best inspiration when wet. So maybe that is it.

or maybe we just caught him when he wanted to bathe *shrugs*

Anyway, it seems like all the haters in iCarly only like Spencer. Ive seen reviews complaining about Carly(most), Freddie and Sam. But none of the reviews i seen ever said they hated Spencer. Maybe you seen but i didnt. I love spencer too.

I love Jerry. He is such a kid at heart. Wont find many adults like him ^^

ycc1988

[46]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 20
    Being a kid at heart is not what makes him unique. It's the fact that despite being a kid at heart, he can still be a good guardian when he needs to.

iskabibble07

[47]Aug 11, 2008
    ger5632 wrote:

iskabibble07 wrote:

Anyway, it seems like all the haters in iCarly only like Spencer. Ive seen reviews complaining about Carly(most), Freddie and Sam. But none of the reviews i seen ever said they hated Spencer. Maybe you seen but i didnt. I love spencer too.

I was not aware that there were that many haters of ICarly at all. I guess thats bc I hang out with people that like the show. As far as "lovability", I think all four of the core characters, Carly, Sam, Freddie and Spencer are equally lovable and the show would suck without any one of them. But that's just me.

ger5632

[48]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 24
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    ger5632 wrote:

iskabibble07 wrote:

I was not aware that there were that many haters of ICarly at all. I guess thats bc I hang out with people that like the show. As far as "lovability", I think all four of the core characters, Carly, Sam, Freddie and Spencer are equally lovable and the show would suck without any one of them. But that's just me.

i love all the characters. im talking about the haters. the many icarly haters you know may just be a small amnt. sorry if i offended you though

ycc1988

[49]Dec 2, 2008
    I just noticed that Spencer's hair was much shorter in the first few episodes than it is now, and even that is longer than Crazy Steve's hair. I wonder how Drake and Josh fans will react to a long-haired Steve.

iskabibble07

[50]Dec 2, 2008
    ger5632 wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    ger5632 wrote:

iskabibble07 wrote:

i love all the characters. im talking about the haters. the many icarly haters you know may just be a small amnt. sorry if i offended you though

Your didnt. I am crazy about the show but its ok to sometimes have a criticism. There are episodes I hated. Not many but it happens. So no offense here.

dylan-luver

[51]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 10
    i think that jerry/ spencer is hot!!, he is hotter with longer hair. Did you see the first five minutes of merry christmas drake and josh. i really saw spencer when crazy steve was talking to that one boy. he looks fine with slicked hair.

ycc1988

[52]Dec 7, 2008
    Jerry has his own Star Page on Nick now. One of the photos there includes a much better decorated Metal Tree.
    Edited on 12/07/2008 12:08am

WAVY10

[53]Dec 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    ycc1988 wrote:
    I just noticed that Spencer's hair was much shorter in the first few episodes than it is now, and even that is longer than Crazy Steve's hair. I wonder how Drake and Josh fans will react to a long-haired Steve.

Wonder how long the gap was between wrapping up Drake and Josh and when iCarly began shooting.

IHeartSB

[54]Dec 8, 2008
    I really like Spencer. He is my favorite character on the show. When I saw "Merry Christmas Drake and Josh" I could no longer view him as Crazy Steve. It was just too awkward. Besides, I felt like he acted more like Spencer than Crazy Steve in the movie.

Anyway, I read somewhere that he likes physical comedy over any other type of acting and getting to do all that quirky stuff on iCarly is right up his ally. I don't think we will have to worry about him leaving the show anytime soon. The only reason would be if he got a significantly better offer from another network or something, kinda like Alexa Nicholas (Nicole Bristow) did from Zoey101 when she left the show to be on The Suite Life of Zach and Cody.

JSparrowGirl

[55]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 15
    Animegirlx wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:

Yes exactly! Like Zoey 101! Or like Drake and Josh they grew up the show as their character! I think that iCarly will actually run for more than 3 years! But that would be weird because the cast will get too old... Carly is 13 and in three years she will be 16. But Miranda Cosgrove will be 18 when a "Carly" is 16. Not to mention Spencer gettin old!!

Michel Musso is 17 and he is playing a 15 year old.... and spencer isn't getting old, he is only 31

dylan-luver

[56]Dec 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    IHeartSB wrote:
    I really like Spencer. He is my favorite character on the show. When I saw "Merry Christmas Drake and Josh" I could no longer view him as Crazy Steve. It was just too awkward. Besides, I felt like he acted more like Spencer than Crazy Steve in the movie.

OMG!!!! that is totally what i thought, he had more talking than screaming in the movie. i like both of the characters he plays though, Crazy Steve and Spencer Shay are both totally awesome. he was very random in the movie.
    COCKADOODLE DOO the cow says moo!

I was stuck in a refrigerator!

i forgot to take my medication.

my head is filled with tiny lumps.

HAHAHAHAHA Crazy Steve is hilarious.

WAVY10

[57]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    IHeartSB wrote:

Anyway, I read somewhere that he likes physical comedy over any other type of acting and getting to do all that quirky stuff on iCarly is right up his ally. I don't think we will have to worry about him leaving the show anytime soon. The only reason would be if he got a significantly better offer from another network or something, kinda like Alexa Nicholas (Nicole Bristow) did from Zoey101 when she left the show to be on The Suite Life of Zach and Cody.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't remember Alexa being a regular on Zack and Cody.

marcdragicevic

[58]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 21
    I think he is quite crazy in real life. He is a great, talented actor who plays weird/crazy charactes. Example: Crazy Steve, and Spencer.
    The actors reckon he is the most-like to his character, "Spencer".