We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Spencer Shay/Jerry Trainor Discussion

xXShaneOMacXx

[1]May 16, 2008
    • level: 2
    Just curious. No, I don't want to marry him, it just struck me odd that, at 30 years old, he's still single and doing a children's show, compared to more adult related media.
    Edited on 05/16/2008 5:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nickylucas

[2]May 16, 2008
    • level: 23
    Is there an actual point to this thread? (No Offense, just asking.)

iskabibble07

[3]May 16, 2008
    • level: 13

I was thinking maybe it would morph into an Official Spencer Shay thread.

Anyway, don't knock children's shows. Some of them, Hannah Montana for example, routinely get better ratings that grown up shows and lots of adult stars would love to be on them.

Besides that Jerry is perfect for the part of Spencer. There are other regular adulst on ICarly and we don't bust their chops for being on a children's show.

Third, lots of good adult entertainers do children's shows for life. Others like to pop in and on on them. Ringo Star and George Carlin both did a season of Shining Time Statio as the engineer/narrator. Reading Rainbow and one for a while back, fairy tale theater were stocked with big name adult stars. And leave us not forget Mr. Rogers!

Sandy-ego303

[4]May 16, 2008
    Yeah. Think about the Doodlebops! There are almost no kids in that show! Plus, we don't want iCarly to be a live action Charlie Brown, where grown ups only show up through off-stage mumbling. Grown ups in the show make it realistic and even get some adult viewers!

AndreaMSkate

[5]May 16, 2008
    • level: 49
    iskabibble07 wrote:

I was thinking maybe it would morph into an Official Spencer Shay thread.

Anyway, don't knock children's shows. Some of them, Hannah Montana for example, routinely get better ratings that grown up shows and lots of adult stars would love to be on them.

Besides that Jerry is perfect for the part of Spencer. There are other regular adulst on ICarly and we don't bust their chops for being on a children's show.

Third, lots of good adult entertainers do children's shows for life. Others like to pop in and on on them. Ringo Star and George Carlin both did a season of Shining Time Statio as the engineer/narrator. Reading Rainbow and one for a while back, fairy tale theater were stocked with big name adult stars. And leave us not forget Mr. Rogers!

Yeah this can be the Spencer Shay/Jerry Trainor thread.

And I will never ever forget Mr. Rogers!!

Nature9000

[6]May 16, 2008
    • level: 9
    I think everyone ignored the question, well I searched this and I found that Jerry Trainor is 31 and he is not married. I found this on imdb.com and some other sources. I hope that helped out.

dudette2018

[7]May 16, 2008
    • level: 17

Jerry Trainor is awesome. So is Spencer.

iskabibble07

[8]May 17, 2008

Yeah there is some interesting stuff on him on IMDB. Here are the links.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0999117/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0999117/bio

AndreaMSkate

[9]May 17, 2008
    Nature9000 wrote:
    I think everyone ignored the question, well I searched this and I found that Jerry Trainor is 31 and he is not married. I found this on imdb.com and some other sources. I hope that helped out.

Hmmm interesting. I've seen him on some of the iCarly podcasts, and he really does seem like a kid at heart.

ycc1988

[10]May 17, 2008
    • level: 20
    Sandy-ego303 wrote:
    Yeah. Think about the Doodlebops! There are almost no kids in that show! Plus, we don't want iCarly to be a live action Charlie Brown, where grown ups only show up through off-stage mumbling. Grown ups in the show make it realistic and even get some adult viewers!

I played trombone for a semester for school. I wish I had learnt how to make those sound effects they use in the Peanuts movies.

Back to Spencer, I think he is the perfect mix of goofiness and responsibility. The show wouldn't be the same without him. I could live without Mrs. Benson, however, and I'm not too eager to meet Mrs. Puckett.

AndreaMSkate

[11]May 17, 2008
    ycc1988 wrote:
    Sandy-ego303 wrote:

I played trombone for a semester for school. I wish I had learnt how to make those sound effects they use in the Peanuts movies.

Back to Spencer, I think he is the perfect mix of goofiness and responsibility. The show wouldn't be the same without him. I could live without Mrs. Benson, however, and I'm not too eager to meet Mrs. Puckett.

I think it'd be hilarious to get to meet Mrs. Puckett!

But back to Jerry Trainor...I just hope he doesn't ever decide to leave the show, being so old and all. He MAKES every show basically!!

Nature9000

[12]May 17, 2008
    • level: 9

Yeah, hopefully he won't leave but I don't think he will. I think Nickelodeon has older actors on it too, you know. In fact I thought the voice over of Spongebob Squarepants was older, but I could be wrong and that's subject for a different story.

Edit: Just checked it, yeah they're all older. So I don't think we'll have to worry about Jerry leaving the show based on age since Nick has other shows with older people on it.

Edited on 05/17/2008 12:35pm

iskabibble07

[13]May 17, 2008
    Yeah I read somewhere that ICarly is the highest rated show Nick has ever had and that it might get as big or bigger than Hannah Montana. So no way he would not want to be part of a big hit like that. It would be a big jump for his career. Besides he seems to be having a lot of fun on every epi like they all are. I just hope if the show gets that big it doesnt like ruin how fun and sweet it is right now. I bet Dan won't let that happen.

Wedgie317

[14]May 17, 2008
    I read somewhere iCarly is beating Hannah Montana in the ratings, I was pretty happy to hear that. But yeah, Jerry does add something to the show that just makes it so funny. I wouldn't have guessed he was in his 30's. That's why I'm hoping he won't quit Nick anytime soon.

AndreaMSkate

[15]May 20, 2008
    Wedgie317 wrote:
    I read somewhere iCarly is beating Hannah Montana in the ratings, I was pretty happy to hear that. But yeah, Jerry does add something to the show that just makes it so funny. I wouldn't have guessed he was in his 30's. That's why I'm hoping he won't quit Nick anytime soon.

Yeah that makes me a little worried. He can't quit!!

iskabibble07

[16]May 20, 2008

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Wedgie317 wrote:

Hard to see why he would. He is on a hit TV show with a big viewship. He is getting paid to perform, that alone is a dream for an actor. And even Jennette and Miranda are clearly the stars of the show, there is a lot of plot time given to the two boys and there is no way you could see ICarly being as good of a show without Spencer and Freddie. Dan knows how to take good care of his people and after a nice long run on the top rated teen show in the world, Jerry will be in a great place to take his career to more TV or the movies or wherever he wants to go.

Besides it always seems like he is having the time of his life doing the show. How could he not stay with a sweet deal like this. I would! lol

AndreaMSkate

[17]May 20, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Wedgie317 wrote:

Hard to see why he would. He is on a hit TV show with a big viewship. He is getting paid to perform, that alone is a dream for an actor. And even Jennette and Miranda are clearly the stars of the show, there is a lot of plot time given to the two boys and there is no way you could see ICarly being as good of a show without Spencer and Freddie. Dan knows how to take good care of his people and after a nice long run on the top rated teen show in the world, Jerry will be in a great place to take his career to more TV or the movies or wherever he wants to go.

Besides it always seems like he is having the time of his life doing the show. How could he not stay with a sweet deal like this. I would! lol

Very true. There's always that possibility that some bigger opportunity could come along...he certainly does have the talent and the appeal.

But yeah, I don't think there's any reason to really worry then I guess.

kikimarie593

[18]May 20, 2008
    • level: 27
    Why is everyone referring to Jerry as 'old'? He's 31, not 301. Lol.

AndreaMSkate

[19]May 20, 2008
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    Why is everyone referring to Jerry as 'old'? He's 31, not 301. Lol.

Compared to all his co-stars, that's old!

Wedgie317

[20]May 20, 2008
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Wedgie317 wrote:

Very true. There's always that possibility that some bigger opportunity could come along...he certainly does have the talent and the appeal. But yeah, I don't think there's any reason to really worry then I guess.
    I'm sure he wouldn't quit Nick anytime Nick either. But I just hope he doesn't any time soon. Anyways, you see a lot more adults quit on Disney than you ever do on Nick.
    Edited on 05/20/2008 4:23pm