We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Seddie Discussion

MusicAddictBabe

[10920]Jan 3, 2013
    • level: 18
    "The Mayan calendar ends at 12/21/12. That must mean it's the end of the world!"
    Seems legit.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[10921]Jan 4, 2013
    • level: 13
    Yes, and yet they couldn't foresee their own extinction. Such a pity

teenj12

[10922]Jan 4, 2013
    • level: 26
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Yes, and yet they couldn't foresee their own extinction. Such a pity
    Lmao good one . But their calender was always wrong. They didn't know about leap years.

Fireofnature

[10923]Jan 4, 2013
    True and their calender really was just like any other calendar on the desk of any joe shmoe. It ended.

Hey my computer's calendar ends on December 31st 2099! I wonder if that means the world's gonna end!!! Le gasp!

MusicAddictBabe

[10924]Jan 6, 2013

Whoever first came up with the theory of the world ending a few weeks ago... I mean, seriously. The Mayans had to end somewhere. We don't have to follow their calendar forever. As if we can't figure out what day/month/year comes after the next for ourselves or anything.... Awhile back, I wanted to make a comic dedicated to this. It was either gonna be about the Mayans taking a long break after stopping at that specific date and, when asked why, replying that they'll get to it later...which never happens. Or it was gonna be about them working on the calendar, when one of them says, "You know what'd be funny? If we totally screwed a bunch of people over in the future by just stopping the calendar at some random date in time. They'll be so scared saying, 'Oh no, the world's gonna end because there's no December 13 of 2012 on the Mayan calendar! Oh, what'll we do?!' and the rest of them laugh and agree. I never did make them. But I thought it'd be kinda funny. And in no way were they supposed to mock Mayans or anything. Just the people who believed in all that "end of the world" nonsense. (Sorry, if it was any of you. But you now know that you can't always believe everything you hear. Sometimes, the government just likes to keep us in a state of terror. Even the TV programs covering all that crap...they were most likely paid to spew out random facts that seemed legitimate enough to lead up to a story like that.)

Edited on 02/06/2013 5:33am

teenj12

[10925]Jan 6, 2013
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Whoever first came up with the theory of the world ending a few weeks ago is a herp derp. I mean, seriously. The Mayans had to end somewhere. We don't have to follow their calendar forever. As if we can't figure out what day/month/year comes after the next for ourselves or anything....

Awhile back, I wanted to make a comic dedicated to this. It was either gonna be about the Mayans taking a long break after stopping at that specific date and, when asked why, replying that they'll get to it later...which never happens. Or it was gonna be about them working on the calendar, when one of them says, "You know what'd be funny? If we totally screwed a bunch of people over in the future by just stopping the calendar at some random date in time. They'll be so scared saying, 'Oh no, the world's gonna end because there's no December 13 of 2012 on the Mayan calendar! Oh, what'll we do?!' and the rest of them laugh and agree.

I never did make them. But I thought it'd be kinda funny. And in no way were they supposed to mock Mayans or anything. Just the people who believed in all that "end of the world" nonsense. (Sorry, if it was any of you. But you now know that you can't always believe everything you hear. Sometimes, the government just likes to keep us in a state of terror. Even the TV programs covering all that crap...they were most likely paid to spew out random facts that seemed legitimate enough to lead up to a story like that.)
    Wow MAB that would of been an awesome idea . Lol, imagine if that's actually what happened? XD. But , I don't like to believe end of world theories, but I am always just a tiny bit scared on the day of each one of them, because I think to myself, "What if it's true?" .

MusicAddictBabe

[10926]Jan 6, 2013
    haha Thanks I could still make it, but it'd obviously be a little outdated. I came up with the ideas when I first heard about that day a few years back. But I didn't think about it again until just recently and by then, I guess I got a little busy.

But anyway, who knows?! It could've totally happened for all we know xD

And yeah, I get what you mean. I'm sort of like that too (a little bit anyway). A part of me believes it for a moment because what if it is true and I'm totally screwed over because I didn't believe it. I mean, to be totally honest, none of us really know when the world is gonna end, after all.

pixarprincess

[10927]Jan 11, 2013
    According to Catholic Doctrine, our good Lord Jesus- or was it God, I'm confused, and I'm the one going to church here- said that we will not know the day or time of the (second) coming of Jesus Christ, and that we have no way of predicting when it will come, but still be ready.

By that logic we should ALL be on guard at every second At least we've got confession.

Rex: I don't like confrontation!

teenj12

[10928]Jan 12, 2013
    pixarprincess wrote:
    According to Catholic Doctrine, our good Lord Jesus- or was it God, I'm confused, and I'm the one going to church here- said that we will not know the day or time of the (second) coming of Jesus Christ, and that we have no way of predicting when it will come, but still be ready.

Yea, I heard that before too.

So really, its impossible to determine the exact day the world will end.

MusicAddictBabe

[10929]Jan 13, 2013
    I agree with you guys. Even if you don't believe in God, I'm sure most religions have someone who knows what's gonna happen before you do. I do and no matter how many facts that may lead up to the world possibly ending, no human being could ever know for sure since miracles happen everyday.

The reason I say that last part is because on the 20th, they had a program thing on the History Channel about how it was very likely the world would end since so many "eras" have ended (worldwide flooding, volcano destruction, Ice Age, that kinda stuff). Ok, yeah. Because that makes it legit.

pixarprincess

[10930]Jan 28, 2013
    Just because an "era" has ended doesn't mean the universe has. Just that life changed drastically and there's presumably little sustainable life yet. I guess the basic definition of The apocalypse in our society is that the world sucks and if we humans are still alive, then we live in war time under some totalitarian government . Or am I thinking of a dystopia? They seem to go together a lot so don't mind the confusion.

Any who I'm taking psychology in High School now and we're currently talking about the psychoanalytical theories of Sigmund Freud, whose ideas must be VERY admired by our own Dan Schneider I recently came to the epiphany that the entire iCarly universe (And by extension all the works of Dan on Nickelodeon) run on Freudian psychology. Not to Evangelion standards, but it's definetly in there. If anyone, ANYONE, still hangs out around here, I'll write something up about it on a forum.

Please? I'm bored.

Fireofnature

[10931]Jan 29, 2013
    Go for it, I love psychology!

teenj12

[10932]Jan 29, 2013
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Go for it, I love psychology!
    Yes! Do it Pixar!

MusicAddictBabe

[10933]Jan 30, 2013
    Me too! If it wasn't for the intensity of the courses involved with majoring in it, I would totally be going to college to be a psychologist. Stuff like that interests me.

marcdragicevic

[10934]Feb 6, 2013
    • level: 21
    About that end of the world stuff a few posts up, I still believe that Earth, with Mercury and Venus won't exist later on in the future. Not just our planet.

teenj12

[10935]Feb 10, 2013
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    About that end of the world stuff a few posts up, I still believe that Earth, with Mercury and Venus won't exist later on in the future. Not just our planet.
    Well of course. The sun will inevitably destroy all the inner solar system planets. A sad end really. Everything humans worked hard to build will be for nothing .

MusicAddictBabe

[10936]Feb 14, 2013
    So true....
    Um....
    So....

Happy Valentine's Day, all! I don't particularly care for this holiday, but who wants to be my Valentine anyway?

teenj12

[10937]Feb 16, 2013
    Haha, I only really like VD for the chocolate, but it's a nice day in general. Celebrating mankind's greatest ability. The ability to love xP.
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    So true....
    Um....
    So....

Happy Valentine's Day, all! I don't particularly care for this holiday, but who wants to be my Valentine anyway?

MusicAddictBabe

[10938]Feb 19, 2013
    haha Me too! To me, Valentine's Day is just...ugh. And I always hate when people claim that others hate it because they're single or something. lol No. I hate it because it's virtually pointless. I even have friends who don't like it and they have boyfriends and girlfriends and whatnot. But anyway, chocolate is grand.

I even made my profile picture for FB reflect what I think about V-Day (in an exaggerated way, I guess). Ok, look at my avatar now. Picture it with a pink tint on the left and dark on the right (it's mainly black on that side except that I boosted up the contrast so that you could clearly see Ino and it would look like she's more in the shadows). For this site, I had to crop my avatar down, but in the original picture, there's more background. And on that side, it says, "Happy Frickin' Valentine's Day" *enter* *enter* *enter* "I Hate You" in white writing. It kind of makes my posts seem more malicious or something.

Speaking of avatars and whatnot, I just have to point out how much I hate this site and avatar "usage". If I upload my own directly to here, it never seems to be the right dimensions so then it's stretched or skewed like crazy. If I upload something to Photobucket and transfer it over here, I have to crop it like crazy. Like, my perfectionist side kicks in sometimes when I look at my avatar because of that awkward amount of space on the left. But if I cut it any more, I'd have to cut off part of her head or something just to keep the proportions right. Sorry, just a mini rant. First World Customized Avatar Problems. lol

teenj12

[10939]Feb 23, 2013
    Well, I guess some people might think VD is kinda pointless, some say its over commercialized. Lol, imagine actually giving someone a card like that for VD . Also, speaking of avatars, I hate how you how this place handles Signatures. I once had a banner in my sig and I gotta a TOS Warning for it being too "Big", but it really wasn't that big.