We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Sam Puckett/Jennette McCurdy Discussion

Puckett9

[1]May 5, 2008
    • level: 4

It's obvious that Sam doesn't apply herself, but what if she did? It just seems like there's little hints that she knows more than she lets on, at least with techie stuff. The big example was recently in iStakeout when she knew what MPEG stood for while Freddie didn't. Also, in iWill Date Freddie, she was able to rig up the monitor to spy on Freddie and Valerie. Are these just plot convinences? Maybe, maybe not.

Okay, I'll admit that this is mostly just an attempt to find more Seddie connections/similarities between the two. The obvious one is their less than enviable moms, but there might be others. You gotta admit that it would be pretty funny if Sam was even a tiny bit geekier than she lets on, which she does just to keep up her nerd slayer reputation.

Edited on 06/17/2008 12:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

missyera

[2]May 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    That's an interesting observation.

I do think Sam could be smart, but she just doesn't want to apply herself, cos' she's already created a reputation for being having the devil-may-care attitude and having bad grades and infamous for spending her life in detention.

Your speculation could be possible.

Oh, and your point about the similar moms, isn't it funny that SAM knows how Freddie's mom is like more than you'd thought she would?

Like in that episode, iWant to Stay with Spencer, when the door bell rang. She says something like "If that's Freddie's mom, don't open the door". And when Freddie tried to defend his mother, he also agreed with Sam not to open the door. Sam knows his mother too well. Lolz.

garnergeek

[3]May 5, 2008
    • level: 14
    They actually never say that she is stupid, she just doesn't do her work, or like to do her work. Like they never have her act stupid like London on the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I mean Sam is sort of a bully and it won't really work out, if she were stupid and tried to talk about people at the same time, it would be like, Hello you can't talk you don't even know two plus two or w/e. You can tell she is smart by her come backs towards Freddie, and she out smarts a lot of people. I guess she just don't like work at school, I sure don't!

zulaz

[4]May 6, 2008
    • level: 13
    there's those people who are lazy but smart. i mean, im lazy at doing my work, but i know alot of stuff on the subjects in school.

crzza

[5]May 6, 2008
    • level: 49
    I think she would be an average student.

Puckett9

[6]May 7, 2008
    Okay, we've got the school stuff covered, but I was thinking more along the lines of technie stuff. Whaddyall think?

iskabibble07

[7]May 7, 2008
    Puckett9 wrote:
    Okay, we've got the school stuff covered, but I was thinking more along the lines of technie stuff. Whaddyall think?
    I think she is very comfortable with technology. She likes toys like the sound effects machine. But like Carly, she leaves the real geek stuff to Freddie.

crzza

[8]May 7, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Puckett9 wrote:
    I think she is very comfortable with technology. She likes toys like the sound effects machine. But like Carly, she leaves the real geek stuff to Freddie.
    Yeah, she would be good at that.

iskabibble07

[9]May 7, 2008
    crzza wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Puckett9 wrote:
    But one of the things that is really appealing about Sam is that she is so self assured, confident and sure of who she is. She never doubts her own intelligence and is pretty sure she is smarter than anyone else except maybe Carly and Spencer. So she may be smarter than she shows but disrespectful of the school so she doesnt care to share it with them.

crzza

[10]May 7, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    crzza wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    Puckett9 wrote:
    But one of the things that is really appealing about Sam is that she is so self assured, confident and sure of who she is. She never doubts her own intelligence and is pretty sure she is smarter than anyone else except maybe Carly and Spencer. So she may be smarter than she shows but disrespectful of the school so she doesnt care to share it with them.
    What you said....

DC-Dude

[11]May 8, 2008
    • level: 26
    I think this has to do with Seddie.

I think Sam wants to know about tech more so she can prove Freddie wrong or pull a new prank.

ihoppers_cheska

[12]May 11, 2008
    • level: 5

i think Sam is pretty smart... I think she's just as smart as Carly (has was hinted to be pretty smart due to being in History Honors). She just doesn't apply herself. I think Carly knows she can be smart too.. she did remind her to read that book for class (in iFence).

I think there are quite a few hints that Sam isn't as dumb as she lets on. First, that thing with the MPEG... second, someone else mentioned, was rigging up the camera to spy on Valerie. Third and most recent one is finishing the book in iFence.

She was actually pretty engrossed in it and she said, "it's like a movie in your head". If she was stupid... she probably wouldn't be able to finish the book or understand it. And she was very articulate when she answered Freddie's question on "Who went in the cave and what did he/she find?"

Puckett9

[13]May 11, 2008

ihoppers_cheska wrote:
    I think there are quite a few hints that Sam isn't as dumb as she lets on. First, that thing with the MPEG... second, someone else mentioned, was rigging up the camera to spy on Valerie. Third and most recent one is finishing the book in iFence.

I know, right? The MPEG thing and the camera rigging just really nag me. I hope they're not just plot conveniances for the writers.

Collegebound06

[14]May 11, 2008
    • level: 32
    i looked it up right away like seriously and she was right

missyera

[15]May 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    Way to go, Sam!

She's street smart. And very witty. And being able to think of comebacks for Freddie's rebuttals shows that she's alert and her brain is full of knowledge. She's just trying to keep her rep up.

iskabibble07

[16]May 12, 2008

missyera wrote:
    Way to go, Sam! She's street smart. And very witty. And being able to think of comebacks for Freddie's rebuttals shows that she's alert and her brain is full of knowledge. She's just trying to keep her rep up.

There is a different between being smart and being informed or having knowledge of facts. Sam is very quick so her level of being smart is clear. She has a high opinion of herself so she simply refuses to use her brain on things she doesnt deem worthy of it like school work. She is not "a pleaser" but she fits in well with Carly, Spencer and Freddie all of whom are also very smart but their goofy sides outshine how smart they are. That is why the show is so fun to watch.

gryffinval7890

[17]May 12, 2008
    • level: 12

iskabibble07 wrote:

missyera wrote:
    Way to go, Sam! She's street smart. And very witty. And being able to think of comebacks for Freddie's rebuttals shows that she's alert and her brain is full of knowledge. She's just trying to keep her rep up.

There is a different between being smart and being informed or having knowledge of facts. Sam is very quick so her level of being smart is clear. She has a high opinion of herself so she simply refuses to use her brain on things she doesnt deem worthy of it like school work. She is not "a pleaser" but she fits in well with Carly, Spencer and Freddie all of whom are also very smart but their goofy sides outshine how smart they are. That is why the show is so fun to watch.

damn...i think thats like...SPOT on...

totally agree...

[this is to everyone in general]

i think she's smarter than freddie(who's just Tech savvy and stuff which is easily confused with being smart)

but remember? Sam raised a Couple of his grades(or at least thats how i remember it)

and sometimes he doesn't get stuff in their conversations and hasta get things explained to him..

Edited on 05/12/2008 9:12am

iskabibble07

[18]May 12, 2008
    gryffinval7890 wrote:

iskabibble07 wrote:

missyera wrote:

totally agree...

i think she's smarter than freddie(who's just Tech savvy and stuff which is easily confused with being smart)

but remember? Sam raised a Couple of his grades(or at least thats how i remember it)

and sometimes he doesn't get stuff in their conversations and hasta get things explained to him..

Well before we count Freddie out as not smart, for all appearances, he assembled that impressive array of web equipment and figured out how to use it all by himself. He is the backbone of the ICarly webcast where the girls are "just" the personalities. He handles the equipment with ease and never looks confused except when Nevel got in the way and that was external interference.

As far as relationship smart, he did figure out how to get the girls back together when they were fighting over the t-shirt deal. He might be a bit baffled by Carly and Sam but hey, what guy isn't perplexed by how girls think huh? Freddie does ok.

gryffinval7890

[19]May 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:

iskabibble07 wrote:

missyera wrote:

totally agree...

Well before we count Freddie out as not smart, for all appearances, he assembled that impressive array of web equipment and figured out how to use it all by himself. He is the backbone of the ICarly webcast where the girls are "just" the personalities. He handles the equipment with ease and never looks confused except when Nevel got in the way and that was external interference.

As far as relationship smart, he did figure out how to get the girls back together when they were fighting over the t-shirt deal. He might be a bit baffled by Carly and Sam but hey, what guy isn't perplexed by how girls think huh? Freddie does ok.

i don't think he's not smart...just not as smart...

crzza

[20]May 12, 2008
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:

iskabibble07 wrote:

missyera wrote:

totally agree...

i don't think he's not smart...just not as smart...
    That didn't make sense.