We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iWas a Pageant Girl' Episode Discussion

tweenboy

[41]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 9
    fryman1701 wrote:

tweenboy wrote:
    this episode is merely a filler episode before.... ISaved Your Life.

Is any episode of iCarly ever really filler?

good piont.I was just saying that it merely serves as a waiting episode before Isaved your lif,like an episode to calm the audience down.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tweenboy

[42]Dec 22, 2009
    sockstar wrote:
    If you are calling episodes which aren't specifically shippy "filler" you aren't watching the show properly.
    Would everyone back the **** off...you all obviously dont understand what i meant by filler.

tweenboy

[43]Dec 22, 2009

[QUOTE="KatelynBrissey"src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/charlieangel8705/S3%20Press/P10.jpg

[/QUOTE] Wow....super excited for this epi!

Uranium_OJ

[44]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 6

tweenboy wrote:
    sockstar wrote:
    If you are calling episodes which aren't specifically shippy "filler" you aren't watching the show properly.
    Would everyone back the **** off...you all obviously dont understand what i meant by filler.

@sockstar: It's not your place to tell people why they should watch a certain show. YOU may think watching every single iCarly episode and enjoying each one in its entirety may be "watching the show properly," but this is not the case with everyone.

See, there is no "proper" way to watch a show. Quite frankly, like many shows out there, iCarly is for fun or time-pass. The producers/directors/writers don't care why/how you watch it either. As long as you tune in, they're fine, since they're getting the money.

I'm not going to try to please anyone by saying that I love ALL the iCarly episodes, including the fillers, when in actuality, I really only watch iCarly for the ships. I'm not ashamed to say that.

There are some people who watch shows just because a certain actor is good-looking. YOU may appreciate the plot of that certain show, but you have no right to tell someone they should start watching it for the plot or humor if they don't wish to.

Edited on 12/22/2009 9:36pm

sockstar

[45]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 12
    I could care less why someone watches the show.

If people said "I don't watch episodes that aren't shippy" then fine.

But calling an episode "filler" just because it's not shippy is plain wrong.

fryman1701

[46]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 7

sockstar wrote:
    I could care less why someone watches the show. If people said "I don't watch episodes that aren't shippy" then fine. But calling an episode "filler" just because it's not shippy is plain wrong.

Right on!

tweenboy

[48]Dec 23, 2009
    sockstar wrote:
    I could care less why someone watches the show.

If people said "I don't watch episodes that aren't shippy" then fine.

But calling an episode "filler" just because it's not shippy is plain wrong.
    Wtf are you talking about?I never said that sh@@

Uranium_OJ

[49]Dec 24, 2009

sockstar wrote:
    I could care less why someone watches the show. If people said "I don't watch episodes that aren't shippy" then fine. But calling an episode "filler" just because it's not shippy is plain wrong.

Why is it "plain wrong"? It's not hurting anybody. If you don't like calling the "non-shippy," episodes "filler" then you don't do it. But even Dan understands that each episode may not appeal to everyone, depending on why they watch the show. For some fans, "filler" is the name they give for non-shippy epis because it just doesn't interest them. What are you going to do about it? Force them to stop calling episodes "fillers"? Seriously, it's just a word, a way to categorize iCarly episodes based on personal preference. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

In my opinion, "filler" episodes are episodes in which there is no character or relationship growth. They are just cute, fun episodes. Every show needs these, or else it would just turn into a teen drama. So you shouldn't be offended by the word filler, and please don't get so defensive over the show. It's not yours, anyways.

Edited on 12/24/2009 12:59pm

KatelynBrissey

[50]Dec 24, 2009
    • level: 4

I'll go on record saying this is not a filler for the main reason that Sam's character is HUGELY developed. How crazy is it that she used to be a pageant girl? This is completely opposite to what her personality is now. This is something that was not known about her character before and just adds more depth to her already deep character.

What's questionable is the relationship growth, which could be in there b/c we don't know yet. I don't care if someone wants to call it a filler b/c there is no relationships stuff in the description, that's their business, but you'd think they'd AT LEAST wait till the first promo before getting all smug and saying "it's a filler" like it's a known fact. Again, before I get flamed, I don't think it's wrong of you guys to call this episode a filler.

Anyways I'm too excited after seeing that tap dance! Sam/Jennette is incredible!

Edited on 12/24/2009 1:29pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Uranium_OJ

[51]Dec 24, 2009
    KatelynBrissey wrote:

I'll go on record saying this is not a filler for the main reason that Sam's character is HUGELY developed. How crazy is it that she used to be a pageant girl? This is completely opposite to what her personality is now. This is something that was not known about her character before and just adds more depth to her already deep character.

What's questionable is the relationship growth, which could be in there b/c we don't know yet. I don't care if someone wants to call it a filler b/c there is no relationships stuff in the description, that's their business, but you'd think they'd AT LEAST wait till the first promo before getting all smug and saying "it's a filler" like it's a known fact. Again, before I get flamed, I don't think it's wrong of you guys to call this episode a filler.

Anyways I'm too excited after seeing that tap dance! Sam/Jennette is incredible!

Whether or not this episode is considered a "filler," I'm still looking forward to it. I, for one, don't think this episode should necessarily be called a filler, but who knows, it could turn out to be one.

And, thank you, KatelynBrissey, for not trying to control other people. That was very decent of you.

tweenboy

[52]Dec 24, 2009
    Uranium_OJ wrote:
    KatelynBrissey wrote:

Whether or not this episode is considered a "filler," I'm still looking forward to it. I, for one, don't think this episode should necessarily be called a filler, but who knows, it could turn out to be one.

And, thank you, KatelynBrissey, for not trying to control other people. That was very decent of you.

Ithink it is a filler(A time filler) so we wont be die of waiting for ISaved Your Life.

HaydenAvery

[53]Dec 25, 2009
    • level: 21
    so your saying dan made an episode just to entertain us before isaved your life? (facepalm)

jako123456789

[54]Dec 26, 2009
    I heard this episode is going to come out January 9th. Is there a commercial for it yet?

KatelynBrissey

[55]Dec 26, 2009
    Not yet that I know of, but I'm always looking, so as soon as I see it I will head to the forums! :-D

fryman1701

[56]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 7

No trailer yet that I have seen, but I did see this clip of her tap dancing. video is further down the page

jako123456789

[57]Dec 28, 2009
    I think Spencer will actually be dating Gibby's Mom in this episode cause' that's what it says on iTunes. But then who will Freddy be dating?

marcdragicevic

[58]Dec 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    jako123456789 wrote:
    I think Spencer will actually be dating Gibby's Mom in this episode cause' that's what it says on iTunes. But then who will Freddy be dating?

Some random girl he met at the smoothie place.

TheSchwab

[59]Dec 28, 2009
    • level: 11
    Actually...Spencer has to talk Freddie into going on the double date. So my guess is it's somebody who knows whoever spencers dating. who knows.

KatelynBrissey

[60]Dec 29, 2009
    I was just thinking that if Spencer has to talk Freddie into it then the girl must not be all that. What if it's like Mandy? That would be hilarious.