We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iWas a Pageant Girl' Episode Discussion

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[1]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 5

The next brand new iCarly episode airs on January 9, 2010. Here the official synopsis courtesy of TVGuide online:

http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?tvobjectid=289614&more=ucepisodelist&episodeid=13727369

Sam admits to her friends that she's a former child beauty-pageant contestant, and she pushes Carly into competing against her old rival. Meanwhile, Spencer talks Freddie into double-dating with him, but then things get competitive.

Discuss away!

Edited on 12/19/2009 1:32pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tweenboy

[2]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 9
    iCarlyHIMYMfan wrote:

The next brand new iCarly episode airs on January 9, 2010. Here the official synopsis courtesy of TVGuide online:

http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?tvobjectid=289614&more=ucepisodelist&episodeid=13727369

Sam admits to her friends that she's a former child beauty-pageant contestant, and she pushes Carly into competing against her old rival. Meanwhile, Spencer talks Freddie into double-dating with him, but then things get competitive.

Discuss away!

i knew this was the plot of this epsiode way before info was released.

katywishing100

[3]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 15
    tweenboy wrote:
    iCarlyHIMYMfan wrote:

Discuss away!

i knew this was the plot of this epsiode way before info was released.

I'm a little confused, how would Carly never know Sam was in a pageant. Haven't they've been friends since first grade?

TheSchwab

[4]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 11
    Thought it was 4th or 5th grade. I can't remember.

Also just ignore my thread i just made. I guess i didnt Refresh the the page before I posted mine.

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[5]Dec 19, 2009
    I'm a bit more interested in the Spencer and Freddie sub-plot

HaydenAvery

[6]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 21
    why do i have a feeling gibby will show up in the pageant?

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[7]Dec 19, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:
    why do i have a feeling gibby will show up in the pageant?

he'll probably end up winning I bet, I guess we'll see

C4DM4R

[8]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 2

well, im not sure the wether the plot, or sub-plot is more interesting. the pagent is probably gonna be crazzy, because the bit they show on the beginning reel of the season 3 intro, show sam doing a kick, and bowing, so mabye shes all like "ha ah, im sam, deal with it!", and, now i really want to see gibby there, if he entered, that would rock!

and, spencer and freddie double dating, that sounds cool, but kinda werid, i mean, what if hes dating the mom, and freddie dating the daughter? it would be funny!

KatelynBrissey

[9]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 4
    So excited to see Sam get a little girly in this ep. :-) I can't wait to see who Sam's rival is.

That would be so funny if it was a mother-daughter double date but it'd also be pretty weird lol

katywishing100

[10]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 15
    C4DM4R wrote:

well, im not sure the wether the plot, or sub-plot is more interesting. the pagent is probably gonna be crazzy, because the bit they show on the beginning reel of the season 3 intro, show sam doing a kick, and bowing, so mabye shes all like "ha ah, im sam, deal with it!", and, now i really want to see gibby there, if he entered, that would rock!

and, spencer and freddie double dating, that sounds cool, but kinda werid, i mean, what if hes dating the mom, and freddie dating the daughter? it would be funny!

Spencer and Freddie double dating sounds really weird. Why would a 26-27 want to go on a date with a 16 year old boy.

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[11]Dec 19, 2009
    katywishing100 wrote:
    C4DM4R wrote:

Spencer and Freddie double dating sounds really weird. Why would a 26-27 want to go on a date with a 16 year old boy.

I wonder how competitive it really gets though..

C4DM4R

[12]Dec 19, 2009
    iCarlyHIMYMfan wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:
    C4DM4R wrote:

I wonder how competitive it really gets though..

hmmmmm, your right, it isnt too specific, id like it if it was like, intensely competition between them, mabye to see who can get the better date, btu considering their luck so far in the show, i wouldent be too surprised if neither won. but spencer did get to kiss sasha striker, and she was hot. and freddie only gone out with valereie, and that didnt turn out well at all.

but, my guess is at the end, they will both realize how dumb they were acting. and its good to see another spencer/freddie sub-plot, you's think freddie would want a little more guy time, but hanging out with the 2 most popular girl in seattle does sound good too. but, i loved ifence, so guy time FTW!

saylavee

[13]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 18
    Haha, character development ftw ^.^ cant wait to see it, and atleast its giving us some breathing time so we dont die of waiting for a new episode before isaved your life.

As for the subplot, idk, sounds odd...

C4DM4R wrote:

anyone remember the cartoon Recess? what you just decribed with Sam reminds me of an episode of it when Spinelly (sp?) was forced into a pageant, won, then tore off her dress and put on her tough girl outfit saying that that was who she was. If that is what Sam does, it will be cool, except she probably wont change clothing, she will just do that kick bow, im tough deal with it thing.

fryman1701

[14]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 7
    saylavee wrote:
    anyone remember the cartoon Recess? what you just decribed with Sam reminds me of an episode of it when Spinelly (sp?) was forced into a pageant, won, then tore off her dress and put on her tough girl outfit saying that that was who she was. If that is what Sam does, it will be cool, except she probably wont change clothing, she will just do that kick bow, im tough deal with it thing.
    I loved recess! I never thought about Sam and Spinelli being alike before, but that is right on. That was a wonderful ep. I am looking forward to both the main plot and the subplot of this one. The Spencer subplots have been getting better and better.

saylavee

[15]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 18
    fryman1701 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:
    I loved recess! I never thought about Sam and Spinelli being alike before, but that is right on. That was a wonderful ep. I am looking forward to both the main plot and the subplot of this one. The Spencer subplots have been getting better and better.

Yeah Sam is just an older, more mature (kinda) version of Spinelli when you think about it.

tweenboy

[16]Dec 19, 2009
    saylavee wrote:
    fryman1701 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:

Yeah Sam is just an older, more mature (kinda) version of Spinelli when you think about it.

i never thought about Sam and Spinnelli being so similar!It`s so true!!!

C4DM4R

[17]Dec 19, 2009

tweenboy wrote:
    saylavee wrote:
    fryman1701 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:
    i never thought about Sam and Spinnelli being so similar!It`s so true!!!

weird how so many of us know that scene, (shifty eues). i wonder what makes sam go back into a pagent? you's neverthink she'd do it unless she had some kind of incentive, mabye the cash prize, or what if it was a miss chicken pagent, and she thought the prize was actualy chicken! XD

KatelynBrissey

[18]Dec 19, 2009
    • level: 4
    From what I know, she tries to get Carly to go against her rival, but something happens where Carly can't do it so Sam takes her place. Sam will also be tap dancing :-D

IF they go to the pageant, it'd be quite funny if Freddie and Spencer show up with their dates expecting to see Carly in it, but they get Sam instead.

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[19]Dec 20, 2009

KatelynBrissey wrote:
    From what I know, she tries to get Carly to go against her rival, but something happens where Carly can't do it so Sam takes her place. Sam will also be tap dancing :-D IF they go to the pageant, it'd be quite funny if Freddie and Spencer show up with their dates expecting to see Carly in it, but they get Sam instead.

Sam tap dancing??? this I gotta see

tweenboy

[20]Dec 20, 2009
    iCarlyHIMYMfan wrote:

KatelynBrissey wrote:
    From what I know, she tries to get Carly to go against her rival, but something happens where Carly can't do it so Sam takes her place. Sam will also be tap dancing :-D IF they go to the pageant, it'd be quite funny if Freddie and Spencer show up with their dates expecting to see Carly in it, but they get Sam instead.

Sam tap dancing??? this I gotta see

l
    o
    l