We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iWanna Stay With Spencer" Discussion

iskabibble07

[41]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 13
    I would far rather see Grandpa Shay pop up from time to time than Mandy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Animegirlx

[42]Jul 21, 2008
    • level: 7
    I liked Grandpa Shay he is really cool he should be in MORE episodes!

SlugBug92791

[43]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 3
    I am watching the end of this episode right now & I am crying. I love iCarly but I don't like this episode. Its the only episode of iCarly that I did'nt like. The reason why I did not like this episode is that Carly says mean things about Yakima. The only bad thing about Yakima is that it smells bad. I know because I have gone to Yakima every Summer ever since I was born. I don't live in Yakima but I have good memories from Yakima. I know she was upset because she thought that she was going to leave & I would be sad too but I love Yakima. This is the first Summer when I am not going to Yakima. My grandpa moved closer to us after my grandma died & now the only reason we have to go up there is seeing my uncle & we can't because he just had surgery & my dad does not want to bug him. Watching this episode made me sad.

AndreaMSkate

[44]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 49
    SlugBug92791 wrote:
    I am watching the end of this episode right now & I am crying. I love iCarly but I don't like this episode. Its the only episode of iCarly that I did'nt like. The reason why I did not like this episode is that Carly says mean things about Yakima. The only bad thing about Yakima is that it smells bad. I know because I have gone to Yakima every Summer ever since I was born. I don't live in Yakima but I have good memories from Yakima. I know she was upset because she thought that she was going to leave & I would be sad too but I love Yakima. This is the first Summer when I am not going to Yakima. My grandpa moved closer to us after my grandma died & now the only reason we have to go up there is seeing my uncle & we can't because he just had surgery & my dad does not want to bug him. Watching this episode made me sad.

Aw. I guess I can see what you mean. I think it was mostly that Carly didn't want to leave her brother and friends though.

TeemerDJ

[45]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 12
    Animegirlx wrote:
    I liked Grandpa Shay he is really cool he should be in MORE episodes!

Yeah, Granddad could be a great asset to the show, if they make him a bit more wackier.

AndreaMSkate

[46]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 49
    ^ I think I'd be a little bit weirded out if they put him on the show any more often than he has been. That'd be a little strange to me.

TeemerDJ

[47]Jul 24, 2008
    • level: 12
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    ^ I think I'd be a little bit weirded out if they put him on the show any more often than he has been. That'd be a little strange to me.

Maybe not as a regular, but as a co-star in a few episodes each season.

I was JUST thinking that maybe they can have an episode, where Grandad is telling Carly, Sam, and Freddie about how he and his best friends used to do something similar to iCarly back in his day, except it was on a stage or something...iono that episode would just seems interesting to me.

Animegirlx

[48]Jul 25, 2008
    • level: 7
    They should give Grandad a role like Gibby's. He appears in some episodes, but not every.

iskabibble07

[49]Jul 26, 2008
    SlugBug92791 wrote:
    well it isnt much of a consolution or explaintion but they probably picked Yakama as the location for granddads home becuase Yakama is a funny word to say and it works on a comedy show. Also keep in mind that this is a fictional show and they really are not in Seattle at all. The filming is probably happening in LA or Florida. So they are not insulting the real Yakama, just the TV version of it.

iskabibble07

[50]Jul 31, 2008
    Just saw it again on reruns. I forgot the hobo reference. Good line from Spencer, "I dont think Hobos enjoy swimming." lol

Heckfan

[51]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 2
    I didn't like it, to fake.

iskabibble07

[52]Aug 30, 2008

AndreaMSkate wrote:
    I agree. He showed up during the webcast where they were trying to break a record. that is plenty. I guess he is the dads father since his last name is Shay. So we still don't have any connections or detail about the mom side of the family.

marcdragicevic

[53]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 21
    I was pretty sure that Carly's grand-dad would let Carly live with Spencer. It was kind of obvious, though.