We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iTwins' Discussion

charmed4eva112

[341]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 20
    sockstar wrote:
    I'm almost 100% certain they said it was on a scholarship.

Sam DID say Melanie was there on a scholarship. But the thing is, where would Melanie go during holidays? Freddie never knew about her twin, and he said he was at her house plenty of times, so obviously, Melanie didn't come home often, so where did she go?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thesuitelife44

[342]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 13
    First of all, can i borrow "a scissors?" does that even make sense?

Second, I thought at the end they should have let Freddie know they weren't lying about Melaine

Overall: 8/10

terminoob

[343]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 17
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    sockstar wrote:
    I'm almost 100% certain they said it was on a scholarship.

Sam DID say Melanie was there on a scholarship. But the thing is, where would Melanie go during holidays? Freddie never knew about her twin, and he said he was at her house plenty of times, so obviously, Melanie didn't come home often, so where did she go?

She just stays at school.... I know this a terrible comparison, but Hogwarts is a boarding school (of sorts), some kids stay during the holidays, some don't, I doubt they tell you that you HAVE to go home for the holidays or you HAVE to stay at school for the holidays...

tj_eatsfrylock

[344]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    i was watching this episode, and i sorta noticed this after watching it but i wanna know what you guys think. is it me, or did it seem like nathan kress was sometimes trying too hard and being over the top in his acting? i know that he was supposed to act in denial, but it seemed a little too much at some parts.

kikimarie593

[345]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 27
    tj_eatsfrylock wrote:
    i was watching this episode, and i sorta noticed this after watching it but i wanna know what you guys think. is it me, or did it seem like nathan kress was sometimes trying too hard and being over the top in his acting? i know that he was supposed to act in denial, but it seemed a little too much at some parts.

Yes, I noticed that too. In kid shows they're told to over act though, to make it less dramatic. They want to keep the show more comedic and I guess the over acting is supposed to be funny. Nathan Kress is a very good actor, but that's just the way children shows are.

tj_eatsfrylock

[346]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 3
    oh, im aware of that. freddie is a character that freaks out a lot in general so im used to that, but i think in this particular episode nathan kress just went a little too far.

J-ni11

[347]Aug 8, 2009
    • level: 11

I'm not a serious Icarly fan but i do find it to be one of the only shows on Nick i can stand. I watched the last 10 minutes of the episode and i really liked the plot so i wanted to vopice my opinion on it. I understand that everything in the episode is done for plot and that their reactions dont have to make sense but come on....

I actually understand freddies disbelief at Sam having a twin because for him to NEVER have heard of her is suspicous because he hangs out with them like every day. I know a friend of mine just told me they have a second middle name yesterday and i didnt believe her a first because she's never once mentioned it and when people say her "full name" they never say that part. Regardless the fact that Sam and Malanie are never together during the whole episode untill teh end is a bit too convienent to believe as well. So the fact that freddie doesnt believe Melanie exists is something i'm ok with. The problem is how he interacts with Melanie that bugs me.I can't help but wonder, why doesnt she get offended that he keeps saying she's a lair and calling her someone else's name? If she's the nice one why doesnt she just offer to meet with him and Sam AT THE SAME TIME, and why is she not suprised when he tells her "we promised never to kiss again" if the whole time she's been there he's been saying how much sam dislikes him? It's as If Melanie is a robot instead of a person and nothing he says can offend her. I mean he shoved her for gods sake and she just shrugged it off. I'm not saying she had to punch him and scream but at least make him apologize. Then the way Freddie reacts to the situation is almost as bad. He completly freaks out, when what he should have done was keep his cool. I guess no one ever told him how to get people to stop bothering him (which i guess explains why sam and carly keep doing it) and i understand not wanting to kiss some random girl but come on, your like 14 years old a girl kissing you isnt gonna make your head explode and it's not like he has a girlfriend who will get mad at him or anything. His running away was completely uncalled for. But i digress i liked the idea and these are points i know they won't fix because it's a kids show but i wanted to point them out anyway.

Aquaslycool

[348]Aug 9, 2009
    • level: 2

Did you guys notice the innweundos in this episode?

Example 1: Narrorator: And the male elephant offers the female elephant a peunut

Carly: What are we watching?

Spencer: elephant love

example 2: Spencer: One time a friend tricked me into beleaving that it was naked day at camp. Have you ever played dodgeball naked?

^

luv2sing0723

[349]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    idk why you guys think Nathan overacted! I thought it was hilarious!! And sometimes it's good to overact to make it more funny.

luv2sing0723

[350]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    cheysm1 wrote:
    All I know is...If Carly and Freddie did get together it would be stupid...and Im not saying that because I am a Seddie fan,im saying it because on all the other shows that have a guy haveing a crush on a girl and the girl doesnt like him....They end up together,and in real life that doesnt always happen. It would be way to cheesy and predictable if they went that way.

TOTALLY agree! Exactly my thoughts.

MEandChad4ever

[351]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 4

On Danwarp, it says that there was a quote taken out of this episode because it was inappropriate for young viewers.

http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2009/07/icarly-fun-facts-about-itwins.html (Scene eight)

The quote was "Neutering is always an option". Carly says it after Freddie says "Don't waste your time, kid. I've been barking up that tree since 6th grade"

I don't really understand that. I know that neutering means to take the sexual parts out of animal, but what does that have anything to do with Carly not dating Freddie?

Edited on 11/22/2009 11:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.

schillingklaus

[352]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 12
    iImagine Melanie to be the same as Trisha Kirby, Jenet's old guest role on Zoey 101 which plays in a boarding school. Trisha was a bad girl, maybe worse than Sam, but Melanie may have been a bad girl once upon a time and tried to change at the boarding school. The government may have seen it as a chance top get kids from criminal families a chance to break out.