We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iTake on Dingo' Discussion

iCarly317

[61]Jun 16, 2009
    • level: 13
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    tj_eatsfrylock wrote:

time to state the facts that some people are ignoring. (i dontwanna talk about hannah montana because i can care less talking about it. plus, wizards is way better than hannah montana).

first of all, not everyone is a catholic and holds those morals of taking the name god in vain... imyself am a buddhist and i could care less if others say that. not everyone holds that, and although christianity is the biggest religion many of the sects inside of it dont believe in that. the audience of nickelodeon does not just offer

and adults do matter in life, and family for that matter. take mrs benson for example. no matter how psycho she gets with cleaning products, freddie obviously still respects and loves his mom no matter how crazy he and everyone else thinks she is. drake and josh had a family and there were a lot of family episodes within the series. drake's mom has helped josh get with girls, and walter provides comedic support and has taught the two of them to drive and act as a mediator between fights. in ned's declassified, two of the main characters are the vice principal and gordy, and mr.sweeney has taught numerous lessons on the show regarding taking notes and projects, no matter how much he scares ned. obviously adults are valued, and family in general. let's also remember that one episode oficarly had to do with carly and spencer's relationship as brother and siste rbecause carly was going to move. BOTH disney and nickelodeon are equal to giving morals once in a while in their shows.

another thing is that icarly actually assimulates to the current culture, and is therefore adaptable to children today and easy for them to like. for example the use of the word "nub", which derives from "noob". and currently, true jackson takes place in a fashion company which many people are very interested in. and to reiterate icarly317's point, notice that icarly is shown on "TEENNICK". icarly falls under the drake and josh, zoey 101, ned's declassified, and more category in which along with the funny, it goes into mature topics. as much as i love the wizards, lets face it: the show is about wizards. nickelodeon has evident mature topics they go into, including relationships, friendships, breaking hearts, even more. many disney channels don't even have good continuity with relationships (what happened to dean and alex? i loved them together). and to concur with icarly317, while all of disney's shows seem to more accomodate to ages 15 and below, Teennick obviously aims and a TEEN audience, so they use mature humor and jokes that they would get. if kids watch icarly, that is their problem and NOT mine, but as a teenager i find the show appropriate and fun to watch.

NOW that that is said, i hope this petty argument ends and we can finally talk about the episode, which was by far the funniest episode of the season. i didnt even realize it was a rip on disney until i read this forum. the frozen head was really funny, and its good to see a spencer and freddie episode, which is rare. it was overall funny, and the sock with butter thing was hilarious.

You have no sense of humor.Wizards is not funny,and certainly not better than Hannah Montana.I think that the episode was really stupid,and pointless.And the 'butter sock' thing was really stupid,not 'hilarious'.I never said the show was innapropiate,but some of the material is not very appropiate for the age group.The show is TV-Y7,not above.Don't you think parents look at ratings,and judge by that if they want their kids watching it?And they trust that the rating is appropiate for the show's themes and ideas,without watching the show first.And I don't stay up to date with the 'current culture'.For example,the stupid language they sometimes use,and the stupid texting abbreviations.Like in the one episode,'iAm Your Biggest Fan',when Spencer said 'BRB'.I had to look it up to see what it meant!And I think the 'nub' thing is really dumb.That's why I like Hannah Montana more(not saying I'm not a fan iCarly,but it really is not that great)they don't say the stupid new slang or say about the 'new' or 'in' stuff.I really hate the new culture we have these days.

...........you didn't know what brb meant? Yikes. That one has been in use for at least a decade or so... Not what you'd call current culture. Don't blame the show for your lack of computer shorthand knowledge.

I thought you said in your previous post that you were not going to respond to any of my messages?
    Well, someone had to reply to that. Because not knowing something as simple as brb is just pretty stupid. I know it may sound a bit weirder to hear it in a show, but who doesn't know what that means?! And it just seems like you're such a diehard fan of Hannah Montana and probably Miley Cyrus that you act like its #1 fan and will do anything to defend it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

that70sguy92

[73]Jun 16, 2009
    • level: 16
    This episode was ok. It wasnt that good.

shybaby13

[76]Jun 16, 2009
    • level: 15

Well...

I thought this episode was really funny. I mean, it wasn't my favorite, (probably somewhere in the middle.) But I loved how they were kind of poking fun at disney. I noticed Spencer say "jank" for the first time. That was cool. What else?... um, The hobo Hollywood was really funny. I think Carly might be a hobo-hater,lol.At first I didn't want them to show the frozen head at first but they did it so that it wasn't so bad. I wonder why Freddie and Spencer ran way? It wasn't that scary.

AwsumxChick

[78]Jun 16, 2009
    • level: 5
    shybaby13 wrote:

Well...

I thought this episode was really funny. I mean, it wasn't my favorite, (probably somewhere in the middle.) But I loved how they were kind of poking fun at disney. I noticed Spencer say "jank" for the first time. That was cool. What else?... um, The hobo Hollywood was really funny. I think Carly might be a hobo-hater,lol.At first I didn't want them to show the frozen head at first but they did it so that it wasn't so bad. I wonder why Freddie and Spencer ran way? It wasn't that scary.

I thought the episode was hilarious! And well, I mean I personally would run away screaming like a little girl, if I found a head in future looking glass container in a creepy freezer LOL.

shybaby13

[79]Jun 16, 2009
    • level: 15
    I was thinking it would be all bloody like! The guy looked all peaceful though...
    Edited on 06/16/2009 12:37pm

AwsumxChick

[80]Jun 16, 2009
    • level: 5

shybaby13 wrote:
    I was thinking it would be all bloody like! The guy looked all peaceful though...

Well of course it had to look peaceful lol, they cant have blood dripping all down it in a show on nick. But overall great episode, the part with the hobo sticking it's hand through the blinds and petting Carly's head was kinda creepy lol.