We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iTake on Dingo' Discussion

SkyeNite

[41]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 8
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    iCarly317 wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    Obiwan456 wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

Actually, after watching the episode for a second time, Totally Teri could be making fun of a certain Disney show. The lines went along something like:

"If I put on a wig then so-and-so won't realize it's actually me!"

That sound familiar? Not to mention the title 'Totally Teri' is kind of catchy like....Hannah Montana?

It's a loose connection, but I think the writers of iCarly were making fun of the ridiculous Hannah/Miley wig thing. xD God I love them..

Hannah Montana is better than iCarly!iCarly is good,but will never compare to Hannah Montana!And the idea of Miley wearing a wig to be disguised as Hannah is great!It is far from being 'ridiculous'!

Opinions differ, I understand that...but I believe iCarly is the higher quality show. Actors,writers, basically everything.

But the wig idea is pretty darn ridiculous. Everyone in the Hannah Montana universe must be blind if a wig can completely change a person's identity. It's just so stupid..

iCarly is not the better quality show!Hannah Montana has everything.Hannah has much better actors,Miley can act much better than Miranda.I just sometimes feel that Miranda's acting is so fake.And the writers for Hannah don't put in the scripts about the characters saying 'Oh My God',or using the texting slang.Hannah Montana is just better all around.I think that you are blind if you can't see a difference between Miley and Hannah's looks.And you need to stop saying about how the wig idea is stupid,because it's not.

???

Are You serious?

'If you can't see the difference between Miley and Hannah's looks' are you serious???? I can't even begin to comprehend how utterly ridiculous that sounds! THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME! There are NO differences between them, their the same person the ONLY difference is their hair color!

So let me get this straight. Your telling me that if one of your friends gets their hair colored with out telling you and then when they see you they try to introduce themself as someone else, You would honestly think that its a totally different person?

You can too tell a difference between Miley and Hannah!The only reason you insist is because you want to be right.And well,you're wrong.

I could say a lot of things, but I'll keep it toned down.

That's a very hypocritical thing to say. Who's to say she's the one isisting it because they want to be right, and not you? Think about it, you have been promoting how "awesome" and "cool" the wig thing is to everyone who disagrees. Mabey you're the one who wants to be right.

Personally, Hannah Montana is Disney bubble gum pop garbage.* iCarly is funny, original, and has better writers.

And about the wig thing, correct me if i'm wrong but her best friend could see through it in the pilot. Now, is it just me or does that scream flawed concept that no one else would be able to see it?

*I'm quoting Drake Parker from the Drake and Josh ep "Really Big Shrimp".

I never said the wig idea was 'awesome' or 'cool'.I never use those words when talking or writing.Hannah Montana is not 'bubble gum pop garbage',at least Miley can sing(and her songs are much better)unlike Miranda.I think that the idea for iCarly is original,but some of their jokes and show ideas are just seen way too often.No,her best friend only knew that it was Miley as Hannah when she saw the bracelet she was wearing.Lily had given it to Miley earlier that day,and she realized that it was the same one.So as you can see,Lily could not tell that it was really Miley in a wig.iCarly can sometimes be funny,but they do not have better writers.I have watched Hannah Montana since it started,and only watched iCarly a year and more after it started.The only reason I watched iCarly was Miranda was from Drake & Josh,and that is one of my favorite shows.I watched Hannah Montana because it was new and I watched alot of shows on Disney,but I only really only watched Drake & Josh on Nick.iCarly is just not,to me,the best show,Hannah Montana is not the BEST show.But it is to me,and I also think that the reason some people don't like Hannah Montana is because of Miley,and that's not fair.
    Ok, just wow. First off, Lily couldn't tell it was Miley because she pied herself in the face! So that has nothing to do with the appearance. Second, Miranda may not be the greatest, but she is a damn good singer. Along with Jennette McCurdy for that matter, who's country singing is done so beautifully. Honestly, I can't say that Miley's song suck either. The jokes done on Hannah Montana are not even funny anymore, while iCarly has lots of funny jokes where you'll hear that lots more people find funny during every episode compared to any episode of Hannah Montana where lots of people will agree that the jokes are not funny. And if iCarly does not have better writers, then why are they doing so good with their episodes that pretty much every one is at the top of the list for most watched out of ALL of cable and television for certain ages?
    Who are you talking to to know who finds which show's jokes funnier?I don't think that Miranda is a 'damn good singer'!She can sing fine,but not good.She sounds the same when singing as she does talking.And where did you find the list that iCarly was on top for most viewed?Or maybe you just wish it was.You tell me.And Miranda's acting is sometimes not good.That was just seen in the new episode,throughout the entire episode.And the only jokes anymore are about Sam and food,Sam calling Freddy names,Carly doing something stupid or telling Sam about what she doing,and even poor Spencer(who was one of my favorites,along with Sam,since I started watching the show)has been made to look like a fool.And Hannah Montana's jokes are funny,iCarly's get old sometimes.But then,I think you should take into consideration that not everybody laughs at the same jokes.

No, thier right. Dan Schniender has released the ratings and iCarly's ratings are way higher then any show on cable. And going back to the "only watching shows with good ratings" thing: I like to think of myself as the toughest kids show critic out there. Anytime something new comes I'll watch it eventually at least once with my goal being to make fun of it. When I watched Hannah Montanna it was easy, and I mean SO easy to make fun of. As for iCarly, it was impossible! I was rolling of the couch laughing at the first episode because it was just too funny even to me, someone who makes fun kids shows. So trust me the rating have NOTHING to do with my oppinions on shows. As for singing, Miranda really isn't that good however I do think she is a great actress, I don't see how this episode showed that she wasn't good. I think she was great and so were all the other actors as always. i'm not gonna argue about which jokes are funnier because thats 100% oppion but i still don't get the point someone was trying to make about them using the phrase Oh my God or OMG. can someone please explain what the deal with that is. Cause that phrase is alot better then sweet nibblets any day
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shybaby13

[42]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 15
    um, NO those ratings are real. If you want to look them up, I'm not quite sure where to get them. (I read them on DanWarp's [Dan Schnieder] live jouornal.) And let's admit it, all comedy can become kind of boring after a while after too long. Sometimes I get sick of the word play on Hannah Montana, and sometimes I get sick of the things on iCarly. (but more rarely.) I do understand kind of where your comming from with the "Oh my god." thing because it's against my religion to say God's name in vain.It's the third commandment! But please, can we talk a little more about the episode irself, I mean, that's what this thread is for.
    Edited on 06/15/2009 12:23pm

LoveyWithJoshie

[43]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    shybaby13 wrote:
    um, NO those ratings are real. If you want to look them up, I'm not quite sure where to get them. (I read them on DanWarp's [Dan Schnieder] live jouornal.) And let's admit it, all comedy can become kind of boring after a while after too long. Sometimes I get sick of the word play on Hannah Montana, and sometimes I get sick of the things on iCarly. (but more rarely.) I do understand kind of where your comming from with the "Oh my god." thing because it's against my religion to say God's name in vain.It's the third commandment! But please, can we talk a little more about the episode irself, I mean, that's what this thread is for.
    You are the only person on here who understands that it is not right to say God's name in vain.Why would they say such a thing on a children's show?!Sometimes I think they need some new stuff on Hannah Montana,like a new character(who would not be annoying)!I got tired of iCarly lately,because they just use the same thing over and over!And the ideas are not too good sometimes.This is what I thought of the new episode:It was boring(I was watching the clock),some of the stuff was unneeded(example;Sam's 'butter sock',that was dumb),and it was just plain annoying!I wrote my review for the episode on the iCarly page,go see it to read all what I thought.

shybaby13

[44]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 15

I think so many people have started saying God's name in vain that nobody seems to think it's wrong anymore. It's sad, but I still like the show.

the sock was going to be filled with quarters but Dan thought it would be better to put in butter so if kids copied the idea nobody would get hurt. But I didn't really like the butter sock either.

iCarly317

[45]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 13
    But that's just it. iCarly is anything but a children's show. Dan even hates to refer ANY of his shows as kid shows for that matter. Especially when he decided to put a tape outline of a dead body in this episode, I think anyone can agree its FAR from just being a kid's show. And I do wish nothing for the best regarding iCarly's rating. But look it up on Dan's twitter after pretty much every episode if you want the proof.

cocobean12

[46]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 7

I see where you 2 are getting at (LoveywithJoshie and the other kid). I didn't like the episode either because it just seemed more like a way to make fun of Disney Channel than a situation comedy episode. I mean, come on! This is a kids' sitcom, not MADtv. In fact, in some ways, I can safely say that Disney is probably the better channel than Nick right now. Why, you ask? 1. Disney actually has good moral values, unlike most shows on Nick; 2. Disney is far cleaner than Nick; 3. Nick pretty much intentionally teaches kids that adults don't matter in life (a fine example of this would be The Nick Cannon Show) and 4. it has more shows that parents could approve of than Nick does. I can't exactly explain my point right now, because I don't have time but if you want me to explain it in the meantime, just let me know but for now I'll just keep it short and simple...

LoveyWithJoshie

[47]Jun 15, 2009
    cocobean12 wrote:

I see where you 2 are getting at (LoveywithJoshie and the other kid). I didn't like the episode either because it just seemed more like a way to make fun of Disney Channel than a situation comedy episode. I mean, come on! This is a kids' sitcom, not MADtv. In fact, in some ways, I can safely say that Disney is probably the better channel than Nick right now. Why, you ask? 1. Disney actually has good moral values, unlike most shows on Nick; 2. Disney is far cleaner than Nick; 3. Nick pretty much intentionally teaches kids that adults don't matter in life (a fine example of this would be The Nick Cannon Show) and 4. it has more shows that parents could approve of than Nick does. I can't exactly explain my point right now, because I don't have time but if you want me to explain it in the meantime, just let me know but for now I'll just keep it short and simple...

Exactly!Sometimes I think iCarly takes things too far that I don't want to hear.

LoveyWithJoshie

[48]Jun 15, 2009
    iCarly317 wrote:
    But that's just it. iCarly is anything but a children's show. Dan even hates to refer ANY of his shows as kid shows for that matter. Especially when he decided to put a tape outline of a dead body in this episode, I think anyone can agree its FAR from just being a kid's show. And I do wish nothing for the best regarding iCarly's rating. But look it up on Dan's twitter after pretty much every episode if you want the proof.
    If iCarly is not supposed to be a children's show,then why is it on a CHILDREN'S network?I don't care what show it is,you should not have a character say 'Oh My God'!It is disrespectful!And very uncalled for,I don't think that that is teaching kids well to hear their favorite characters or their role models say that!It is showing kids to be even more disrepectful.

iCarly317

[49]Jun 15, 2009
    cocobean12 wrote:

Do you not understand my point that not all shows on Nick are exactly KIDS sitcoms? So Nick will naturally appeal to any age. Even sometimes Nick will throw in little messages in episodes that, if you can find them, are more funny to the older age that watches it rather than the kids. Disney chooses to take the safe way out and actually aim towards a more smaller age group and that's fine, but that only makes Nick seem better to the average teen age group.

tj_eatsfrylock

[50]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 3

time to state the facts that some people are ignoring. (i dontwanna talk about hannah montana because i can care less talking about it. plus, wizards is way better than hannah montana).

first of all, not everyone is a catholic and holds those morals of taking the name god in vain... imyself am a buddhist and i could care less if others say that. not everyone holds that, and although christianity is the biggest religion many of the sects inside of it dont believe in that. the audience of nickelodeon does not just offer

and adults do matter in life, and family for that matter. take mrs benson for example. no matter how psycho she gets with cleaning products, freddie obviously still respects and loves his mom no matter how crazy he and everyone else thinks she is. drake and josh had a family and there were a lot of family episodes within the series. drake's mom has helped josh get with girls, and walter provides comedic support and has taught the two of them to drive and act as a mediator between fights. in ned's declassified, two of the main characters are the vice principal and gordy, and mr.sweeney has taught numerous lessons on the show regarding taking notes and projects, no matter how much he scares ned. obviously adults are valued, and family in general. let's also remember that one episode oficarly had to do with carly and spencer's relationship as brother and siste rbecause carly was going to move. BOTH disney and nickelodeon are equal to giving morals once in a while in their shows.

another thing is that icarly actually assimulates to the current culture, and is therefore adaptable to children today and easy for them to like. for example the use of the word "nub", which derives from "noob". and currently, true jackson takes place in a fashion company which many people are very interested in. and to reiterate icarly317's point, notice that icarly is shown on "TEENNICK". icarly falls under the drake and josh, zoey 101, ned's declassified, and more category in which along with the funny, it goes into mature topics. as much as i love the wizards, lets face it: the show is about wizards. nickelodeon has evident mature topics they go into, including relationships, friendships, breaking hearts, even more. many disney channels don't even have good continuity with relationships (what happened to dean and alex? i loved them together). and to concur with icarly317, while all of disney's shows seem to more accomodate to ages 15 and below, Teennick obviously aims and a TEEN audience, so they use mature humor and jokes that they would get. if kids watch icarly, that is their problem and NOT mine, but as a teenager i find the show appropriate and fun to watch.

NOW that that is said, i hope this petty argument ends and we can finally talk about the episode, which was by far the funniest episode of the season. i didnt even realize it was a rip on disney until i read this forum. the frozen head was really funny, and its good to see a spencer and freddie episode, which is rare. it was overall funny, and the sock with butter thing was hilarious.

Edited on 06/15/2009 5:04pm

iMIMI37

[51]Jun 15, 2009
    I'd like to say that this was one of my favorite iCarly epi's because it actually made me laugh.I usually like the epi's oozing with seddie but i liked this one a lot.I loved the Disney bashing.As a child i used to love Disney, but I've always liked the Nick shows better.I'd also like to point out that there is a reason that they have a Teennick.That's why they're able to show more mature content. Cartoonnetwork is a kid's program,but you don't hear anyone complaining about 6Teen and TDA. This whole arguement is kind of laughable. Can't we just agree to disagree and talk about this wonderful episode. If some people want to come on this thread to spread their negativity on the show that most of us love here, let's just ignore it.I heard that Walt Disney's whole body got frozen so that they could try to revive him in the future.That could be a myth. Don't want to shove my religion but I say Oh my Gosh not God, even though I don't see oh my god as saying it in a bad way.
    Edited on 06/15/2009 5:07pm

Apollo_Phoenix

[52]Jun 15, 2009
    cocobean12 wrote:

I like Nick more than Disney for those same reasons (well...not 3). Disney tries to shove moral values down our throats, when its suppossed to be a Parent's job to do this, not TV. People watch TV to escape reality, to get a few laughs, or just to kill time. Nick does this, while Disney just gives you a random lesson that characters will ignore/forget by the next episode. I don't know if its just because I'm older and I already know/expect the lessons, but Disney shows are pretty painful to watch (except Phineas and Ferb, I love that show.) I find Nick shows to be way more entertaining than Disney shows, which is what I want from TV. I guess if you find Hannah Montana funny, I can't argue with you since that is based on opinion. Plus, I'm pretty sure iCarly is more of a teen show than a kids show.

Also, to the user who says the wig makes a difference, Name 1 thing other than hair color that makes her look different. I mean, even Disney poked fun at the wig thing. I remember a "Sonny with a Chance" episode where Sonny was talking about how easy to fool Chad was, and she mentioned how he can't tell the difference between Miley and Hannah to back up her claim.

iCarly317

[53]Jun 15, 2009
    Yes, its nice to see that they kinda changed it a bit and just made it Dingo's head rather than his whole body. And more people probably believe that Walt Disney actually has his body frozen but still not proven yet. It was just funny to see that come up. Especially to see Freddie and Spencer both scared of it at first. And then later Spencer is brave enough to pick it up and carry it around.

kikimarie593

[54]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 27
    I was actually shocked that they actually found/showed the head lol. I was expecting them to find some sort of fake thing instead. I was just thinking how little kids might have nightmares after seeing a frozen head.

And I know that the Hannah Montana debate is pretty much over, but I'd just like to add that she does wear different make-up as Hannah. She's a celebrity, so they can afford the more expensive make-up. Her voice sounds the same, but I think she does look a little bit different.

LoveyWithJoshie

[55]Jun 15, 2009
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    I'd like to say that this was one of my favorite iCarly epi's because it actually made me laugh.I usually like the epi's oozing with seddie but i liked this one a lot.I loved the Disney bashing.As a child i used to love Disney, but I've always liked the Nick shows better.I'd also like to point out that there is a reason that they have a Teennick.That's why they're able to show more mature content. Cartoonnetwork is a kid's program,but you don't hear anyone complaining about 6Teen and TDA. This whole arguement is kind of laughable. Can't we just agree to disagree and talk about this wonderful episode. If some people want to come on this thread to spread their negativity on the show that most of us love here, let's just ignore it.I heard that Walt Disney's whole body got frozen so that they could try to revive him in the future.That could be a myth. Don't want to shove my religion but I say Oh my Gosh not God, even though I don't see oh my god as saying it in a bad way.
    This episode did not make me laugh once.And it was so stupid!Espeially the 'butter sock'!This episode was not 'wonderful'.It was awful.

LoveyWithJoshie

[57]Jun 15, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    I was actually shocked that they actually found/showed the head lol. I was expecting them to find some sort of fake thing instead. I was just thinking how little kids might have nightmares after seeing a frozen head. And I know that the Hannah Montana debate is pretty much over, but I'd just like to add that she does wear different make-up as Hannah. She's a celebrity, so they can afford the more expensive make-up. Her voice sounds the same, but I think she does look a little bit different.
    Very right about everything!Especially about Hannah's appearence!I also really LOVE your signature!

OverkiII

[58]Jun 15, 2009
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    tj_eatsfrylock wrote:

time to state the facts that some people are ignoring. (i dontwanna talk about hannah montana because i can care less talking about it. plus, wizards is way better than hannah montana).

first of all, not everyone is a catholic and holds those morals of taking the name god in vain... imyself am a buddhist and i could care less if others say that. not everyone holds that, and although christianity is the biggest religion many of the sects inside of it dont believe in that. the audience of nickelodeon does not just offer

and adults do matter in life, and family for that matter. take mrs benson for example. no matter how psycho she gets with cleaning products, freddie obviously still respects and loves his mom no matter how crazy he and everyone else thinks she is. drake and josh had a family and there were a lot of family episodes within the series. drake's mom has helped josh get with girls, and walter provides comedic support and has taught the two of them to drive and act as a mediator between fights. in ned's declassified, two of the main characters are the vice principal and gordy, and mr.sweeney has taught numerous lessons on the show regarding taking notes and projects, no matter how much he scares ned. obviously adults are valued, and family in general. let's also remember that one episode oficarly had to do with carly and spencer's relationship as brother and siste rbecause carly was going to move. BOTH disney and nickelodeon are equal to giving morals once in a while in their shows.

another thing is that icarly actually assimulates to the current culture, and is therefore adaptable to children today and easy for them to like. for example the use of the word "nub", which derives from "noob". and currently, true jackson takes place in a fashion company which many people are very interested in. and to reiterate icarly317's point, notice that icarly is shown on "TEENNICK". icarly falls under the drake and josh, zoey 101, ned's declassified, and more category in which along with the funny, it goes into mature topics. as much as i love the wizards, lets face it: the show is about wizards. nickelodeon has evident mature topics they go into, including relationships, friendships, breaking hearts, even more. many disney channels don't even have good continuity with relationships (what happened to dean and alex? i loved them together). and to concur with icarly317, while all of disney's shows seem to more accomodate to ages 15 and below, Teennick obviously aims and a TEEN audience, so they use mature humor and jokes that they would get. if kids watch icarly, that is their problem and NOT mine, but as a teenager i find the show appropriate and fun to watch.

NOW that that is said, i hope this petty argument ends and we can finally talk about the episode, which was by far the funniest episode of the season. i didnt even realize it was a rip on disney until i read this forum. the frozen head was really funny, and its good to see a spencer and freddie episode, which is rare. it was overall funny, and the sock with butter thing was hilarious.

You have no sense of humor.Wizards is not funny,and certainly not better than Hannah Montana.I think that the episode was really stupid,and pointless.And the 'butter sock' thing was really stupid,not 'hilarious'.I never said the show was innapropiate,but some of the material is not very appropiate for the age group.The show is TV-Y7,not above.Don't you think parents look at ratings,and judge by that if they want their kids watching it?And they trust that the rating is appropiate for the show's themes and ideas,without watching the show first.And I don't stay up to date with the 'current culture'.For example,the stupid language they sometimes use,and the stupid texting abbreviations.Like in the one episode,'iAm Your Biggest Fan',when Spencer said 'BRB'.I had to look it up to see what it meant!And I think the 'nub' thing is really dumb.That's why I like Hannah Montana more(not saying I'm not a fan iCarly,but it really is not that great)they don't say the stupid new slang or say about the 'new' or 'in' stuff.I really hate the new culture we have these days.

...........you didn't know what brb meant? Yikes. That one has been in use for at least a decade or so... Not what you'd call current culture. Don't blame the show for your lack of computer shorthand knowledge.

Edited on 06/15/2009 8:14pm