We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iTake on Dingo' Discussion

LoveyWithJoshie

[21]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 6
    OverkiII wrote:

Actually, after watching the episode for a second time, Totally Teri could be making fun of a certain Disney show. The lines went along something like:

"If I put on a wig then so-and-so won't realize it's actually me!"

That sound familiar? Not to mention the title 'Totally Teri' is kind of catchy like....Hannah Montana?

It's a loose connection, but I think the writers of iCarly were making fun of the ridiculous Hannah/Miley wig thing. xD God I love them..

Hannah Montana is better than iCarly!iCarly is good,but will never compare to Hannah Montana!And the idea of Miley wearing a wig to be disguised as Hannah is great!It is far from being 'ridiculous'!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Obiwan456

[22]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 12
    Apollo_Phoenix wrote:

WAVY10 wrote:
    That was a pretty bold jab at Disney. Does anyone think "Totally Teri" sounds like a swipe at "Sonny With a Chance"?

I thought it was more of a jab at "That's So Raven," but either way this episode was hilarious.

NO, Totally Teri isn't a jab at Disney. As Dan said, Teri is the name of one of the people on the staff, and the totlly part was because Zoey 101 was originally Totally Zoey.

OverkiII

[23]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 8
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

Actually, after watching the episode for a second time, Totally Teri could be making fun of a certain Disney show. The lines went along something like:

That sound familiar? Not to mention the title 'Totally Teri' is kind of catchy like....Hannah Montana?

It's a loose connection, but I think the writers of iCarly were making fun of the ridiculous Hannah/Miley wig thing. xD God I love them..

Hannah Montana is better than iCarly!iCarly is good,but will never compare to Hannah Montana!And the idea of Miley wearing a wig to be disguised as Hannah is great!It is far from being 'ridiculous'!

Opinions differ, I understand that...but I believe iCarly is the higher quality show. Actors,writers, basically everything.

But the wig idea is pretty darn ridiculous. Everyone in the Hannah Montana universe must be blind if a wig can completely change a person's identity. It's just so stupid..

LoveyWithJoshie

[24]Jun 14, 2009
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

Opinions differ, I understand that...but I believe iCarly is the higher quality show. Actors,writers, basically everything.

But the wig idea is pretty darn ridiculous. Everyone in the Hannah Montana universe must be blind if a wig can completely change a person's identity. It's just so stupid..

iCarly is not the better quality show!Hannah Montana has everything.Hannah has much better actors,Miley can act much better than Miranda.I just sometimes feel that Miranda's acting is so fake.And the writers for Hannah don't put in the scripts about the characters saying 'Oh My God',or using the texting slang.Hannah Montana is just better all around.I think that you are blind if you can't see a difference between Miley and Hannah's looks.And you need to stop saying about how the wig idea is stupid,because it's not.

thefbm

[25]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 3
    I thought this episode was hilarious! Sam was AMAZING, as always, and i loved the hobo but i was a little creeped out when he patted Carly's head.

SkyeNite

[26]Jun 14, 2009
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

iCarly is not the better quality show!Hannah Montana has everything.Hannah has much better actors,Miley can act much better than Miranda.I just sometimes feel that Miranda's acting is so fake.And the writers for Hannah don't put in the scripts about the characters saying 'Oh My God',or using the texting slang.Hannah Montana is just better all around.I think that you are blind if you can't see a difference between Miley and Hannah's looks.And you need to stop saying about how the wig idea is stupid,because it's not.

???

Are You serious?

'If you can't see the difference between Miley and Hannah's looks' are you serious???? I can't even begin to comprehend how utterly ridiculous that sounds! THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME! There are NO differences between them, their the same person the ONLY difference is their hair color!

So let me get this straight. Your telling me that if one of your friends gets their hair colored with out telling you and then when they see you they try to introduce themself as someone else, You would honestly think that its a totally different person?

Edited on 06/14/2009 7:42pm

OverkiII

[27]Jun 14, 2009
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

How is using the term "Oh my god" any kind of basis for an argument against bad writing? It's a typical phrase used by practically every TV show. I'll just bet that was said in Hannah Montana at least once.

And what do you mean I'm blind because I can't see the difference between the looks? She. Wears. A. Wig. Oh and maybe a more sparkly and gaudy outfit, but it's not like she has plastic surgery done on her FACE. If someone can stand face to face with both Miley and then Hannah and not realize it's the same person then just wow... (Of course I know this wig is an illusion to work for the show's theme, but I still think the concept is idiotic. Especially in one of the older episodes when her best friends were even fooled by the mystical blond wig.)

Anyways, I see debating with you is going to get rather pointless so I feel it best not to reply to your posts anymore, especially since it's veering this thread off topic. Think what you may, but I think a magic identity altering wig is stupid.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and completely ignoring the Hannah Montana thing and getting back to the topic, I found this while looking up some stuff about the newest episode:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dingo_(Disney)

I think Dingo is the spanish name for Goofy. LMAO! Disney=Owned.

Edited on 06/14/2009 8:03pm

AwsumxChick

[28]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 5
    The link isnt working

OverkiII

[29]Jun 15, 2009
    AwsumxChick wrote:
    The link isnt working
    Put in the last parenthesis. For some reason whenever I copy and paste, it doesn't add it to the link. x_x

shybaby13

[30]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 15
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:

Hannah Montana is better than iCarly!iCarly is good,but will never compare to Hannah Montana!And the idea of Miley wearing a wig to be disguised as Hannah is great!It is far from being 'ridiculous'![/QUOTE]

``````

You make me laugh! But Anyway, iCarly is actually doing better ratings wise than Hannah Montanna is. And the iCarly forums are here to say how much you like the show, not how much some other show is better than it, isn't it? Both shows are lovely and wonderful.

Edited on 06/15/2009 7:40am

taillow22

[31]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 11

Usually episodes like this are epic fails... but this one is such an epic win!!

As someone who does not watch Disney that much, can someone please explain to me how Dingo relates to Disney...?

And its probably bcuz I missed the Disney reference that I think the funniest part of the epi was the hobo who lives outside their window. That was just hilarious. Did anyone notice how it was ALWAYS Carly who had to battle him, or was attacked by him or something? The other 3 just sat there xD. the funniest hobo encounter was when he tried to get through the window, Carly smacked him or something, then cried in Spencer's arms.

LoveyWithJoshie

[32]Jun 15, 2009
    SkyeNite wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

???

Are You serious?

'If you can't see the difference between Miley and Hannah's looks' are you serious???? I can't even begin to comprehend how utterly ridiculous that sounds! THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME! There are NO differences between them, their the same person the ONLY difference is their hair color!

So let me get this straight. Your telling me that if one of your friends gets their hair colored with out telling you and then when they see you they try to introduce themself as someone else, You would honestly think that its a totally different person?

You can too tell a difference between Miley and Hannah!The only reason you insist is because you want to be right.And well,you're wrong.

Obiwan456

[33]Jun 15, 2009
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

???

Are You serious?

You can too tell a difference between Miley and Hannah!The only reason you insist is because you want to be right.And well,you're wrong.

I could say a lot of things, but I'll keep it toned down.

That's a very hypocritical thing to say. Who's to say she's the one isisting it because they want to be right, and not you? Think about it, you have been promoting how "awesome" and "cool" the wig thing is to everyone who disagrees. Mabey you're the one who wants to be right.

Personally, Hannah Montana is Disney bubble gum pop garbage.* iCarly is funny, original, and has better writers.

And about the wig thing, correct me if i'm wrong but her best friend could see through it in the pilot. Now, is it just me or does that scream flawed concept that no one else would be able to see it?

*I'm quoting Drake Parker from the Drake and Josh ep "Really Big Shrimp".

LoveyWithJoshie

[34]Jun 15, 2009
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

How is using the term "Oh my god" any kind of basis for an argument against bad writing? It's a typical phrase used by practically every TV show. I'll just bet that was said in Hannah Montana at least once.

And what do you mean I'm blind because I can't see the difference between the looks? She. Wears. A. Wig. Oh and maybe a more sparkly and gaudy outfit, but it's not like she has plastic surgery done on her FACE. If someone can stand face to face with both Miley and then Hannah and not realize it's the same person then just wow... (Of course I know this wig is an illusion to work for the show's theme, but I still think the concept is idiotic. Especially in one of the older episodes when her best friends were even fooled by the mystical blond wig.)

Anyways, I see debating with you is going to get rather pointless so I feel it best not to reply to your posts anymore, especially since it's veering this thread off topic. Think what you may, but I think a magic identity altering wig is stupid.

Oh, and completely ignoring the Hannah Montana thing and getting back to the topic, I found this while looking up some stuff about the newest episode:

Hannah Montana is better.Unlike you who guesses they have said 'Oh My God' once,I know they haven't.Hannah Montana should have more ratings,I think the show's funnier than iCarly.But then I don't watch shows just because of the ratings they are getting.And the wig idea is not stupid.How many times do I have to say that?Hair color does make a difference in a person's appearence.Anybody knows that it can't change a person's whole identity,I never said that.But it does make a difference.And her outfits are not gaudy,you must have not have any taste if you can say that,and also like iCarly better.But then you might go with what everybody watches and not choose your own shows.I never said iCarly was badly written,but I just don't think that they need phrases like that and the stupid texting abbreviations are pointless for the age group they are targeting.

Obiwan456

[35]Jun 15, 2009
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

Hannah Montana is better.Unlike you who guesses they have said 'Oh My God' once,I know they haven't.Hannah Montana should have more ratings,I think the show's funnier than iCarly.But then I don't watch shows just because of the ratings they are getting.And the wig idea is not stupid.How many times do I have to say that?Hair color does make a difference in a person's appearence.Anybody knows that it can't change a person's whole identity,I never said that.But it does make a difference.And her outfits are not gaudy,you must have not have any taste if you can say that,and also like iCarly better.But then you might go with what everybody watches and not choose your own shows.I never said iCarly was badly written,but I just don't think that they need phrases like that and the stupid texting abbreviations are pointless for the age group they are targeting.

For the first part of my respnce see above post.

Secondly, Wed are choosingour own shows! When I first heard about iCarly I was thinking it was gonna be some awful show, but then when we got cale I finally sat down and watched it and enjoyed it and now am a fan who doesnt come hear to see people blasting how much another show is greater than this and that this is such a bad show in comparison and if we cant see that were idiots!

LoveyWithJoshie

[36]Jun 15, 2009
    Obiwan456 wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

???

Are You serious?

That's a very hypocritical thing to say. Who's to say she's the one isisting it because they want to be right, and not you? Think about it, you have been promoting how "awesome" and "cool" the wig thing is to everyone who disagrees. Mabey you're the one who wants to be right.

Personally, Hannah Montana is Disney bubble gum pop garbage.* iCarly is funny, original, and has better writers.

And about the wig thing, correct me if i'm wrong but her best friend could see through it in the pilot. Now, is it just me or does that scream flawed concept that no one else would be able to see it?

I never said the wig idea was 'awesome' or 'cool'.I never use those words when talking or writing.Hannah Montana is not 'bubble gum pop garbage',at least Miley can sing(and her songs are much better)unlike Miranda.I think that the idea for iCarly is original,but some of their jokes and show ideas are just seen way too often.No,her best friend only knew that it was Miley as Hannah when she saw the bracelet she was wearing.Lily had given it to Miley earlier that day,and she realized that it was the same one.So as you can see,Lily could not tell that it was really Miley in a wig.iCarly can sometimes be funny,but they do not have better writers.I have watched Hannah Montana since it started,and only watched iCarly a year and more after it started.The only reason I watched iCarly was Miranda was from Drake & Josh,and that is one of my favorite shows.I watched Hannah Montana because it was new and I watched alot of shows on Disney,but I only really only watched Drake & Josh on Nick.iCarly is just not,to me,the best show,Hannah Montana is not the BEST show.But it is to me,and I also think that the reason some people don't like Hannah Montana is because of Miley,and that's not fair.

NegiSpongie

[37]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 20
    I thought the episode was great, and funny.
    It also made me think when watching this episode that some people can help sympathize with Carly, Sam, and Freddie on having their stuff on the internet stolen by someone and having them claim it as their own. Like having a story wrote on Fanfiction.net, a picture drawn on Deviantart, or even a video on Youtube; there might be a time when someone will steal something from it and claim as their own creation, and you try to do something about it. There are people like that all around with no creativity of their own.

Kauaimon

[38]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 16
    Guys, everyone, SHUT UP ABOUT HANNAH MONTANA! Who cares if you think it's better, or worse. It's your opinion, and no matter what you say, you won't be able to sway any other's. I like watching Disney shows, and I didn't realy think that they made fun of it that much. Mostly, it was about Walt Disney's head..I haven't even had heard of that rumor :p.

iCarly317

[39]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 13
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    Obiwan456 wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

???

Are You serious?

I never said the wig idea was 'awesome' or 'cool'.I never use those words when talking or writing.Hannah Montana is not 'bubble gum pop garbage',at least Miley can sing(and her songs are much better)unlike Miranda.I think that the idea for iCarly is original,but some of their jokes and show ideas are just seen way too often.No,her best friend only knew that it was Miley as Hannah when she saw the bracelet she was wearing.Lily had given it to Miley earlier that day,and she realized that it was the same one.So as you can see,Lily could not tell that it was really Miley in a wig.iCarly can sometimes be funny,but they do not have better writers.I have watched Hannah Montana since it started,and only watched iCarly a year and more after it started.The only reason I watched iCarly was Miranda was from Drake & Josh,and that is one of my favorite shows.I watched Hannah Montana because it was new and I watched alot of shows on Disney,but I only really only watched Drake & Josh on Nick.iCarly is just not,to me,the best show,Hannah Montana is not the BEST show.But it is to me,and I also think that the reason some people don't like Hannah Montana is because of Miley,and that's not fair.
    Ok, just wow. First off, Lily couldn't tell it was Miley because she pied herself in the face! So that has nothing to do with the appearance. Second, Miranda may not be the greatest, but she is a damn good singer. Along with Jennette McCurdy for that matter, who's country singing is done so beautifully. Honestly, I can't say that Miley's song suck either. The jokes done on Hannah Montana are not even funny anymore, while iCarly has lots of funny jokes where you'll hear that lots more people find funny during every episode compared to any episode of Hannah Montana where lots of people will agree that the jokes are not funny. And if iCarly does not have better writers, then why are they doing so good with their episodes that pretty much every one is at the top of the list for most watched out of ALL of cable and television for certain ages?

LoveyWithJoshie

[40]Jun 15, 2009
    iCarly317 wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    Obiwan456 wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    SkyeNite wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:
    LoveyWithJoshie wrote:
    OverkiII wrote:

???

Are You serious?

Ok, just wow. First off, Lily couldn't tell it was Miley because she pied herself in the face! So that has nothing to do with the appearance. Second, Miranda may not be the greatest, but she is a damn good singer. Along with Jennette McCurdy for that matter, who's country singing is done so beautifully. Honestly, I can't say that Miley's song suck either. The jokes done on Hannah Montana are not even funny anymore, while iCarly has lots of funny jokes where you'll hear that lots more people find funny during every episode compared to any episode of Hannah Montana where lots of people will agree that the jokes are not funny. And if iCarly does not have better writers, then why are they doing so good with their episodes that pretty much every one is at the top of the list for most watched out of ALL of cable and television for certain ages?
    Who are you talking to to know who finds which show's jokes funnier?I don't think that Miranda is a 'damn good singer'!She can sing fine,but not good.She sounds the same when singing as she does talking.And where did you find the list that iCarly was on top for most viewed?Or maybe you just wish it was.You tell me.And Miranda's acting is sometimes not good.That was just seen in the new episode,throughout the entire episode.And the only jokes anymore are about Sam and food,Sam calling Freddy names,Carly doing something stupid or telling Sam about what she doing,and even poor Spencer(who was one of my favorites,along with Sam,since I started watching the show)has been made to look like a fool.And Hannah Montana's jokes are funny,iCarly's get old sometimes.But then,I think you should take into consideration that not everybody laughs at the same jokes.