We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iSaved Your Life" episode discussion

Aprilshakira

[841]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 10
    I also thought the scene where Carly acted possessive was inapropriate. (The one with the girl talking about Freddie and the lake house.) It seemed rather sexual being she was like "And my parents are out of town...so I was thinking that.."

Really inapropriate.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iCarly317

[842]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 13
    Well when you're suddenly a ladies man...lots of things can happen to you... And Carly acting possessive towards Freddie was different for Carly's character, but at least Dan explained why he had Carly act that way:

"It's interesting to watch Carly get possessive of Freddie when the other girl is showing interest in him. Is it a bit immature of Carly? Yes. It is. But I like making Carly less than perfect. It's good to occasionally let her exhibit behavior that may not be ideal, but is real in terms of how many 15-year-old girls behave sometimes. Characters who are always perfect can get boring (and even annoying) fast."

So for all of you that kinda hate Carly because of how perfect she seems to be....Dan thinks about that too...

ILoveDemi4ever

[843]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 11
    Who said this, I got a bit confused about her parents being out of town and something else afterwards...who said it lol

taillow22

[844]Feb 13, 2010
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:
    Who said this, I got a bit confused about her parents being out of town and something else afterwards...who said it lol

Are you asking who said it on the show? It was the girl who Carly got jealous of in the school hallway.

Aprilshakira

[845]Feb 13, 2010

The girl in the hallway who Carly got jealous of. She was talking to Freddie and it was a bit inapropriate. Plus, she needed to pull up her bra strap! God lol. This is not word for word but basically this is what she said:
    "My parents are out of town and a few people are going down to the lake house to..hang out..I was just wondering if you wanted to come so we could.."

**Carly kisses Freddie.**

katywishing100

[846]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 15
    She said her brother was throwing a party since her parents were out of town, and if you find that inappropriate then you must watch only kid shows. But I do agree that her bra/tank strap showing was kinda weird.

HaydenAvery

[847]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 21
    That's an obvious Creddie moment. I need to see this. Good thing I recorded it.

DPluver2012

[848]Feb 13, 2010
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    That's an obvious Creddie moment. I need to see this. Good thing I recorded it.
    post it on youtube cuz i missed the first 12 mins D:

taillow22

[849]Feb 13, 2010
    katywishing100 wrote:
    She said her brother was throwing a party since her parents were out of town, and if you find that inappropriate then you must watch only kid shows. But I do agree that her bra/tank strap showing was kinda weird.

It's a little grown up for a show like this.

HaydenAvery

[850]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 21
    I got a youtube account but I don't have a camera so I can't upload it.

DPluver2012

[851]Feb 13, 2010
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    dangit.dan said that nick was airing it again but it never did so i guess im waiting for fullmetal alchemist to come on...ugh

iCarly317

[852]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 13
    taillow22 wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:

A little grown up? Kids network or no kids network, this isn't really a kids show. Just look at how much drama was in this episode, and how much Carly and Freddie had to think about their feelings for each other. That seems grown up to me. And I'd consider that scene like she was asking Freddie to be her date to the party, not for Freddie to go to the party and have sex with her in her bedroom...

Girlygirl24

[853]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 28
    DPluver2012 wrote:
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    dangit.dan said that nick was airing it again but it never did so i guess im waiting for fullmetal alchemist to come on...ugh

it did!!! today at noon!!! i watched it!

taillow22

[854]Feb 13, 2010
    iCarly317 wrote:
    taillow22 wrote:
    katywishing100 wrote:

A little grown up? Kids network or no kids network, this isn't really a kids show. Just look at how much drama was in this episode, and how much Carly and Freddie had to think about their feelings for each other. That seems grown up to me. And I'd consider that scene like she was asking Freddie to be her date to the party, not for Freddie to go to the party and have sex with her in her bedroom...

That's a really good point and I see what you're saying, but I still think it was too "suggestive" for this show. She kind of trailed off at the end so we'll never know if she was going to ask him to be a date, or whatever she was going to say. It could be interpreted either way.

MusicAddictBabe

[855]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 18

I noticed that. But I wasn't really paying attention to what the girl was really saying. lol. I just noticed here inviting Freddie to the party, Carly then kissing him, and her trailing off and changing her mind.

Wow. Btw, I think Carly would make a really protective girlfriend. Or protective anything. lol

Aprilshakira

[856]Feb 13, 2010
    I actually WISH the show was more inapropriate (not in like an erotic way..but just geared a bit at teenagers since it's not like Hannah Montana or anything. Most of it's viewers are pre-teens and teens, not four year olds.) So I'm not opposing to the suggestiveness at all (and I'm not a pervert, either.) I'm just saying it was a bit surprising how she trailed off as if she was about to say "Maybe we could hook up..." or something like that. It would be pretty hard with Freddie in a cast, too. Haha, when she was saying that I was thinking "How would they do it when he's in a cast?"

..Oh God, maybe I am perverted. Lol.

Freddimamay

[857]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 4
    Aprilshakira wrote:

The girl in the hallway who Carly got jealous of. She was talking to Freddie and it was a bit inapropriate. Plus, she needed to pull up her bra strap! God lol. This is not word for word but basically this is what she said:
    "My parents are out of town and a few people are going down to the lake house to..hang out..I was just wondering if you wanted to come so we could.."

**Carly kisses Freddie.**

This is *totally* Dan, it's how you interpret it that makes it inappropriate, those too young wont even catch it.

**ps I tried to type *clas sic Dan* but it wouldn't let me put those letters together, lol. Given the meaning of the post-it's kinda funny!

Edited on 02/14/2010 10:19am

ILoveDemi4ever

[858]Feb 14, 2010
    Someone called Carly a slut for kissing Freddie on the bed and than asking him to do it again? I don't really understand that comment.

DPluver2012

[859]Feb 14, 2010
    ok now im pissed...dangit i missed it! gaaaaah i hate myself for missing it AGAIN!

katywishing100

[860]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 15
    ILoveDemi4ever wrote:
    Someone called Carly a slut for kissing Freddie on the bed and than asking him to do it again? I don't really understand that comment.

Clearly someone doesn't know what the word slut means.