We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official iPsycho, "iCarly Movie" Episode Discussion- May contain spoil

MoonMarvel

[101]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 5
    chicamusica12 wrote:
    Guppy was adorable Happy birthday!

Haha and yeah, I did a double take on that kiss, and was it actually on the lips? I couldn't tell.
    No it wasnt, it was on thbe cheek. It was close but if you slow it down you see she kissed her to the side and not on the lips. Not really a big deal.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MoonMarvel

[102]Jun 5, 2010

futuramarama wrote:
    it isn't fair to compare older nick shows to current ones, on the basis of quality, suggestive themes, etc.
    Actually it is fair.. People do it all the time, also those shows are still aired. I dont get how you could claim it wasnt. Watch Nicktoons, they air those shows and they are way more suggestive.

MoonMarvel

[103]Jun 5, 2010
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    Gibby is officially awesome.
    I always liked Gibby. He just gets better.

NegiSpongie

[104]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 20
    I completely forgot it was on yesterday, and since I don't have cable, can someone post a link to the full episode?

futuramarama

[105]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 37

MoonMarvel wrote:

futuramarama wrote:
    it isn't fair to compare older nick shows to current ones, on the basis of quality, suggestive themes, etc.
    Actually it is fair.. People do it all the time, also those shows are still aired. I dont get how you could claim it wasnt. Watch Nicktoons, they air those shows and they are way more suggestive.

yes, because other people doing it makes it OK...

iCarly is iCarly. It isn't like any other show; it is its own thing. Saying this episode is risque for this show is saying it is for this show; no other. It isn't compared to older shows. If you do that you're being unfair on the basis of the other shows. Just because you don't consider this special as risque as something else from an entirely different show does not mean it isn't risque. Too further illustrate this, let me use a common example I use many times in life. Say I talk to my friends about how funny I thought a recent Simpsons episode was. My friends say something like "It was funny, but it wasn't as funny as Family Guy." Obviously both shows are different style and content wise, so naturally, how is it fair to compare them? Yes, they are both cartoons and aired generally towards the same ages, but that's it. The writing isn't the same, so why is it a fair thing to judge them? Also, just because it is "Not as funny as Family Guy" doesn't mean it wasn't funny at all

and just because they are still aired doesn't mean they aren't old (or at least older than iCarly). I mean, if there was a show that aired in the 80's but still had syndication to this day, would that not be considered an old show? Basically that's what you're saying, just because the shows are still airing doesn't necessarily(sp) mean they aren't old

Edited on 06/05/2010 4:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.

iCarlyMark

[106]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 2

I honestly say this might be my favorite iCarly TV movie ever. I'd go a bit more far to say this is my favorite episode/movie in season 3 so far.

I liked it that much. The jokes clicked and I felt most things worked really well into the story. Plus, the fight scene at the end was all sorts of epic. Gibby owns! Oh, and so does his little brother.

Edited on 06/05/2010 4:29pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MabinogiFan

[107]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 6
    How did Gibby know where to find the iCarly gang? And how were he and Guppy able to take a train ride without their mother.

Girlygirl24

[108]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 28

I thought it episode was good the firstpart kinda sucked and the second part was awesome i deff loved the fighting scene! btw REALLY STUPID Quistion but what is Diffrent strokes??

Edited on 06/05/2010 5:11pm

futuramarama

[109]Jun 5, 2010
    an old sitcom starring gary coleman (Who just died a week or so ago), dana plato, todd bridges and conrad bain as the Drummonds

DPluver2012

[110]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 11
    lol the bathroom thing caught me off gaurd as well and the girl girl kiss , nick has allowed it before , if u watched avatar toph kissed suki on the cheek ( thinkin it was sokka though) but still haha. when ora kissed that girl....we were like "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!"

iCarly317

[111]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 13
    This episode was awesome! It was full of innuendos (that I actually noticed for once) and things that kinda surprised me Nick allowed. That was a pretty intense fight for Nick to air since they never do things like that anymore, but I loved every minute of it. Also, Gibby and Guppy are awesome.

MoonMarvel

[112]Jun 5, 2010

futuramarama wrote:

MoonMarvel wrote:

futuramarama wrote:

yes, because other people doing it makes it OK...

iCarly is iCarly. It isn't like any other show; it is its own thing. Saying this episode is risque for this show is saying it is for this show; no other. It isn't compared to older shows. If you do that you're being unfair on the basis of the other shows. Just because you don't consider this special as risque as something else from an entirely different show does not mean it isn't risque. Too further illustrate this, let me use a common example I use many times in life. Say I talk to my friends about how funny I thought a recent Simpsons episode was. My friends say something like "It was funny, but it wasn't as funny as Family Guy." Obviously both shows are different style and content wise, so naturally, how is it fair to compare them? Yes, they are both cartoons and aired generally towards the same ages, but that's it. The writing isn't the same, so why is it a fair thing to judge them? Also, just because it is "Not as funny as Family Guy" doesn't mean it wasn't funny at all

and just because they are still aired doesn't mean they aren't old (or at least older than iCarly). I mean, if there was a show that aired in the 80's but still had syndication to this day, would that not be considered an old show? Basically that's what you're saying, just because the shows are still airing doesn't necessarily(sp) mean they aren't old

Brushing any comment offlike that is..you know. The comment wasnt risque for this show but was said as risque period, so your rant is kinda moot knowing that. When calling something risque its more than ok to compare it to other shows on the same network directed towards the same age group. your example is also wrong, comparing them that way is fine as what the person was saying is that Family Guy is funnier, you cant brush off shows just because the writing is different. Using your logic we cant compare anything as almost everything has a different style. So no, your comparison is way off. More so since those two have nothing to do with this. So comparing iCarly to other shows on Nickeldeon directed towards the same basic age group is more than ok. Also comparing two shows in terms of which is funnier is also fine, brushing them off the way you did is... Also it is fair, you are saying you can't claim that because of what you put forth, which is silly. Its fine to say one if funnier than the other, come at anybody like the way you did will get you laughed at. And did you ever think Family Guy's more mature content is why people find it funnier? Its almost like you are saying you cant find one funnier than the other over the silliest of reasons.

Also were did I say they werent old? I said compared to those this wasnt risque, more so since youths today watch them. The fact of the matter is what I did was a common and acceptable practice, you just need to learn to deal with it. This is over right now, going deeper would just derail this thread off topic which is never ok. I won't respond to you anything, so replying is a waste of bandwith and time. You can reply of course, I can't stop you, but that doesnt mean I have to or will acknowledge it. Do as you wish, but so will I.

Edited on 06/05/2010 7:35pm

futuramarama

[113]Jun 5, 2010

Comparing iCarly to Ren and Stimpy? THAT'S acceptable? What makes that more acceptable than my comparison? Family Guy and The Simpsons are on the same network, Ren and Stimpy was on Nick which iCarly is on. Basically if mine doesn't work, neither does yours. And yes, of course I know Family Guy's mature content is what makes people laugh, but the same goes for Simpsons (who aren't as adult-oriented but still). This whole thing started because of someone saying they thought this was risque. They were talking about risque for THIS Show, ergo it was pointless to say it wasn't risque comparing to other shows. Discussion here is for iCarly, not Nick in general. I hate when people compare shows on forums/topics. Obviously they're allowed to, but IMO it is O/T, because you're here to talk about the one show, not compare/contrast different shows. It's like, yes, they can, everyone can say whatever they want (with limits of course), but still. Nothing I said in my comparison about Family Guy or Simpsons will get laughed at by someone, and if they did laugh it is probably because they didn't understand a word I said (or they saw the name of one of the shows and laughed), because it made sense. People often think one of those shows is funnier/better than the other. It doesn't mean anything, but comparing them is pointless, which is what i was trying to get at. Basically, this thread went off topic the instant you mentioned this episode wasn't risque as compared to the other shows you mentioned. I mean, if I saw a movie/TV show which I liked, I like it, but I'm not gonna compare it to another movie of the same genre; it's basically pointless. If I see a comedy which had a lot of adult content and say this, I'm not gonna say "Oh but this other movie had a lot more content, this was just tame to that." Obviously you can, it is your opinion, but it's useless to compare movies/TV shows in ways like this. If someone compared iCarly to Victorious or something, then that would be OK because they are geared towards the same people, have the same basic type of humor, etc. But comparing iCarly to Ren and Stimpy and any other show you mentioned? They are totally different. It's like if I compare Simpsons to Spongebob; obviously Simpsons are more adult/teen oriented than Spongebob, so it would be a waste of my time. But if I did, say, King of the Hill/Futurama vs Simpsons, then it would make sense because generally they have the same type of humor. I agree we should end this (as really it is quite sad to argue over...), because it is quite apparent neither of us will agree with the other, and I do agree that it is O/T(slightly), so... yea.

just noticed, but i like how you put "you can write back but i won't answer or acknowledge it". LOL, i don't care if you don't respond, but "not acknowledging it"? Really? That's as if you're saying "Yea, well, I don't give a dang about your opinion in any case so I'm just gonna ignore it." Lol

Edited on 06/13/2010 9:58am

XEOCX

[114]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 7

Doesn't any feel like this episode was like that movie...Misery? Nora acts crazy/happy/psychotic, just like Annie Wilkes. But luckily she didn't break their feet...hehe...hehe...god that scares the hell out of me

futuramarama

[115]Jun 5, 2010

Gonna try and bring this back on topic: Overall I thought this was OK. Guppy was amazing and needs to come back! Anyone notice Daniella Monet at the party (from Victorious?)? I liked the Diff'rent Strokes reference. I like to think that was a tribute to Gary Coleman. If not, then it's a weird... coincidence. "You watch a lot of classic TV, huh?" "What are you talking about?" I'm getting kind of sick of the cowboy/girl thing with Carly playing the girl who thinks items are various other things. I don't really find it funny a lot of the time. I do have to say, I thought the entire Spencer/Gibby/camp subplot was dumb. Spencer trying to fix the stuff and then having more to fix... it was lame. Spencer first meeting Guppy and thinking it was Gibby was funny. Hm... why doesn't Gibby's mom wanna see Spencer? Haha. The clown dying was weird. I was expecting it because it was mentioned here earlier but still. Thought that was gonna be handled differently. "Happy Birthday!" being repeated by anyone else would be annoying. Not for Guppy! Basically, it was alright. A little average, maybe a little above. Can't wait for funfacts

Edited on 06/05/2010 8:06pm

krisiten

[116]Jun 5, 2010

This episode has made gibby the best person in the world, in my eyes. Made my little crush on Noah even bigger. And his brother = Cutest little guy in the world.

ApplesAndSauce

[117]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 2

MoonMarvel wrote:
    No it wasnt, it was on thbe cheek. It was close but if you slow it down you see she kissed her to the side and not on the lips. Not really a big deal.

I originally thought it was on the cheek however it looks like it was on the lips. I've seen a gif, screenshots, and the scene itself a few times and it looks like a lip kiss.

MoonMarvel

[118]Jun 6, 2010

ApplesAndSauce wrote:

MoonMarvel wrote:

I originally thought it was on the cheek however it looks like it was on the lips. I've seen a gif, screenshots, and the scene itself a few times and it looks like a lip kiss.

It can be hard to tell. Depends on the angle, it moved really quick. I have seen it a few times to, just doesnt look like she got her on the lips. Looks a tad north of her lips,I add a picture but I am not sure its legal on tv.com.

Edited on 06/05/2010 11:54pm

Canada_Michael

[119]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 10

I found the episode strange. They've done the crazy fan bit before & this was just a extreme version of that. To me it would have been far more believable if she kidnapped them when they first got there in an effort to force them to be her friends, & not so she would remain popular.

The balance between lighthearted & serious just wasn't there & it was kind of depressing IMO.

MoonMarvel

[120]Jun 6, 2010
    Canada_Michael wrote:

I found the episode strange. They've done the crazy fan bit before & this was just a extreme version of that. To me it would have been far more believable if she kidnapped them when they first got there in an effort to force them to be her friends, & not so she would remain popular.

The balance between lighthearted & serious just wasn't there & it was kind of depressing IMO.

Balance is the key, Nick can go to far at times while Disney doesnt go far enough. There has to be a good middle ground. Of course I didnt find this episode too far out there. That crazy decade called the 90's messed me up!