We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOwe You" Discussion

ycc1988

[41]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 20

Has anyone noticed that this is the second straight episode where Sam says "I got it" after a bout of excessive violence? Wonder if this is a new running gag.

And just so you know, the two Chinese phrases on Spencer's shirt say "New Jersey" and "New York".

Edited on 10/13/2008 1:54am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

07MurphyM

[42]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    This was a funny episode. I liked when sam screamed at freddie after freddie realized that his family was fine.

iMIMI37

[43]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    Fireofnature wrote:
    God you guys are annoying me! You think Sam is so hard and rough that she can't possibly show emotion? What is she, a robot or something? She's human too, she can cry, laugh, and show just as much emotion as Carly!

Thank you, I'm glad some people agree with me. She's not a mean person at all. I think her character has the most emotion out of all of them,if that makes sense. Notice how she's the only one who ever cries on iCarly. It could be because she has the talent to, but still that's all I'm saying.

chasefan100

[44]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 11
    Finally got to see this ep. Sam is def my favourite character. It was a very funny overall with Sam working at the chili place and Spencer trying to sell the cookies lol Glad Sam is showing more emotion too
    Edited on 10/14/2008 11:36am

Fireofnature

[45]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 13
    Still annoyed. Okay, you know what? Do what I'm doing! I have to write a story displaying someone's relationship through the entire series, and here's what I'm doing to do this: I'm watching every episode over and over and OVER again. I'm missing nothing and I'm analyzing everything. Guess what I'm finding? You'll never guess! SAM SHOWS EMOTION IN ALMOST EVERY DANG EPISODE! She doesn't have to cry to do it, she's not a robot, and she's not "finally showing emotion." She, and every other character, have been doing so throughout the series. So don't try to say that she's not.

You guys look at a tough girl and you say: "She's tough, she can't have emotion." Yet, that's where you're wrong. They're just the ones that show it, but it's a lot more subtle. Like Britt for example, I know she's shown emotion, it's subtle and she'll deny it. Watch, she'll deny it.

missyera

[46]Oct 14, 2008
    This episode really affirms my love for Sam's character. And Jennette really is a great actress. I can really feel for her during the scene where she revealed that she has a job. And was really reluctant to tell them. Awww.Sammy....you're growing up.

SarcasticLeaves

[47]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 6
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Still annoyed. Okay, you know what? Do what I'm doing! I have to write a story displaying someone's relationship through the entire series, and here's what I'm doing to do this: I'm watching every episode over and over and OVER again. I'm missing nothing and I'm analyzing everything. Guess what I'm finding? You'll never guess! SAM SHOWS EMOTION IN ALMOST EVERY DANG EPISODE! She doesn't have to cry to do it, she's not a robot, and she's not "finally showing emotion." She, and every other character, have been doing so throughout the series. So don't try to say that she's not.

You guys look at a tough girl and you say: "She's tough, she can't have emotion." Yet, that's where you're wrong. They're just the ones that show it, but it's a lot more subtle. Like Britt for example, I know she's shown emotion, it's subtle and she'll deny it. Watch, she'll deny it.

I don't think Sam in incapable of showing emotion. She probably shows the most true emotion out of everyone one on the show, to be honest. She just rarely ever gets to a place where she just lets it all out like in iOwe You. Most of the time when she does she tries to cover it up as something else, either by making an excuse or taking it out on Freddie. She doesn't want her peers to think that she is a softie. Maybe a fear of losing the tough rep she made herself? Also I don't think Freddie fully realizes the reason why she does the things she does because he's usually the victim in these situations. I think maybe people are looking too much on the surface and not considering the reasons that truly caused it. And I hope this makes sense. ^^;

Fireofnature

[48]Oct 15, 2008
    SarcasticLeaves wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

I don't think Sam in incapable of showing emotion. She probably shows the most true emotion out of everyone one on the show, to be honest. She just rarely ever gets to a place where she just lets it all out like in iOwe You. Most of the time when she does she tries to cover it up as something else, either by making an excuse or taking it out on Freddie. She doesn't want her peers to think that she is a softie. Maybe a fear of losing the tough rep she made herself? Also I don't think Freddie fully realizes the reason why she does the things she does because he's usually the victim in these situations. I think maybe people are looking too much on the surface and not considering the reasons that truly caused it. And I hope this makes sense. ^^;

Yeah, it makes sense. Good to see a couple people here thinking a little logically...Sorry I kind of lost it up there, but I've been having a frustrating time lately. Not only that, even if iCarly's my favorite show, watching episodes over and over again does get to you. I think I've seen signs of every single pairing people can think of!

iMIMI37

[49]Oct 15, 2008
    Fireofnature wrote:
    SarcasticLeaves wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

Yeah, it makes sense. Good to see a couple people here thinking a little logically...Sorry I kind of lost it up there, but I've been having a frustrating time lately. Not only that, even if iCarly's my favorite show, watching episodes over and over again does get to you. I think I've seen signs of every single pairing people can think of!

I know what you mean, that's why sometimes I just have to back away from iCarly.At least we're getting new episodes to watch.

Fireofnature

[50]Oct 15, 2008
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:
    SarcasticLeaves wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:

I know what you mean, that's why sometimes I just have to back away from iCarly.At least we're getting new episodes to watch.

Yeah, that's true.

TvPatriik

[51]Oct 16, 2008
    That was a really fynny episode

seddievscreddie

[52]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 7
    I agree with FireofNature. Come on, even tho Sam's tough, it still means she can cry, and she can also smile and have a good time with other people! People think of Sam as tho she is only agressive and she'll always be that way! UNTRUE! Sam does have feelings, just like Carly and Freddie. Even though I don't ship Creddie, the lip gloss scene was cute!

Fireofnature

[53]Oct 18, 2008
    It looked like Freddie got annoyed with Carly after a little bit. I was surprised when she said "That's not soemthing a cool person would say" and he responded with "I don't care!" I'm wondering how Freddie's views on Carly will be in this season...

seddievscreddie

[54]Oct 18, 2008
    Yeah, I'm really excited still about what will happen in this season. i mean, we've got so many more episodes to come, i might explode! I didn't feel this way about season 1, for some reason. i think of this painful: my maybe the 11th, 12th, or 13th episode of iCarly Season 2, iCarly people might even be thinking about iCarly Season 3!!!!

nicknameless101

[55]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 25
    Fireofnature wrote:
    It looked like Freddie got annoyed with Carly after a little bit. I was surprised when she said "That's not soemthing a cool person would say" and he responded with "I don't care!" I'm wondering how Freddie's views on Carly will be in this season...
    Now that you mention it, I wonder what's going to happen between Carly and Freddie in future episodes.

iskabibble07

[56]Oct 31, 2008
    I adore all of the performers on ICarly and Jennette has moved into the #1 spot with me since she began putting the videos on YouTube. I really do think she is a talented actress and her ability to be funny jumps out in almost every episode. That said, I have one observation that may get my head ripped off for saying it. Its just my observation so it doesnt make it the gospel truth or anything so don't like send me anthrax letters or anything. Despite her amazing talents and the fact that she is drop dead adorable, the scene where she lays in Carly's lap and crys is far and away the worst pretend crying I have ever heard.

Stacyy_

[57]Oct 31, 2008

iskabibble07 wrote:
    I adore all of the performers on ICarly and Jennette has moved into the #1 spot with me since she began putting the videos on YouTube. I really do think she is a talented actress and her ability to be funny jumps out in almost every episode. That said, I have one observation that may get my head ripped off for saying it. Its just my observation so it doesnt make it the gospel truth or anything so don't like send me anthrax letters or anything. Despite her amazing talents and the fact that she is drop dead adorable, the scene where she lays in Carly's lap and crys is far and away the worst pretend crying I have ever heard.

I think it was actually supposed to be like that. The fact that the crying was so exaggerated was what made it funny

iMIMI37

[58]Oct 31, 2008
    I agree. If you've seen her other work or when she cried in iDon't want to fight you'd see that she can cry,for real. I respect your opinion, but it was probably supposed to show her complaining rant as humorous.

iskabibble07

[59]Nov 18, 2008
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    I agree. If you've seen her other work or when she cried in iDon't want to fight you'd see that she can cry,for real. I respect your opinion, but it was probably supposed to show her complaining rant as humorous.
    Good take on the crying scene and it is a comedy show after all. So if Jennette did a realistic crying scene, that would make the show depressing. Good call Jennette.

Starwarder

[60]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 11
    Anyone suspect that the adult they drafted to leave Sam the huge tip was either Socko or Tyler? Carly must have trusted the guy a whole lot to have given him that much cash...