We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iMove Out" episode discussion

MusicAddictBabe

[81]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 18

NatalieTV100 wrote:
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    Hey guys, I'm new here. I've actually been roaming TV.com for about a year now but I only made an account today. Okay, so I'm a huge iCarly fan and Seddie supporter. So I watched iMove Out last night and I found it hilarious. Definitely not the best episode, but it was nevertheless funny and entertaining. But the scene that bothered me was the one where Marissa (Mrs. Benson) goes into Freddie's new apartment and is talking about how he has 'girls over' and I honestly thought when she was pulling something out of her purse (I think it was the popsicle,) I thought it was going to be condoms! I'm not joking, because that scene was sooo awkward. I don't know why, but it just was. Anyone agree with me? I can't wait for iQuit iCarly/iMeet Dave and Fleck !
    Yeah I agree the whole "girls over" scene was really werid and akward to watch. It's like isn't Freddie usually around girls? And I can't wait for iQuit iCarly either.

lol that's what I thought too. Oh! And welcome to tv.com! I'm totally a Seddie-shipper too. There's really not much to say. You get used to this place quite fast ;D.

Anyway, I didn't really care for this episode that much. Although, it wasn't that bad. But if you knew how rough of a day it's been trying to catch this episode because my cousin missed it last night, you really wouldn't have been too proud of this episode either.

I loved the cat! I love cats >^-^

lol poor Gibby too. Ouch, Freddie. Too much backbone? lol just kidding. MAN, am I getting too fangirly...xD

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kikimarie593

[82]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 27
    How did Mrs. Benson just walk into Freddie's apartment? Doesn't he know how to lock the doors?

I really liked this episode, a lot better than the past few episodes. The petographer thing was cute. I found it more interesting than the Freddie moving out plot. I really liked the petographer dudes, I hope they'll be in more episodes sometime in the future. Speaking of returning characters, I was happy to see Carl again and even happier when he made the 'Pee On Carl' reference to iWant More Viewers.

And welcome to TV.com, Aprilshakira

DarthFreeza

[83]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 23

So far we've got references to:

.Weed (bag of asparagus)
    . A Stereo-Typed Gay couple (the petographers)
    . Freddy with the girls in his apartment (self explanatory)

Writers having a bit too much fun with this npw? lol

And welcome TV.com, Aprilshakira

Aprilshakira

[84]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 10
    DarthFreeza wrote:

.Weed (bag of asparagus)

Lol and it's weird, as soon as I started reading Seddie-Pregnant fanfictions (don't make fun of me, I know I must sound pretty pathetic,) it seems the iCarly episodes have had more and more innuendo in it. Lol. Some examples: - The bag of 'weed' - The stereotypical gay couple (which isn't bad, but still....) - When Spencer was riding on the instructors back in iHave My Principals and they were moaning and Spencer was saying it was his 'first time' or whatever. So awkward. - The girls in Freddie's room (like you said, self explainatory.) I'm not a pervert or anything but I kind of like how it's getting more adult. I don't know why, but I would like it if the show was more teen-young adult oriented. But I know little kids watch the show, but screw them. ?

NatalieTV100

[85]Nov 30, 2009
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

.Weed (bag of asparagus)

Lol and it's weird, as soon as I started reading Seddie-Pregnant fanfictions (don't make fun of me, I know I must sound pretty pathetic,) it seems the iCarly episodes have had more and more innuendo in it. Lol. Some examples: - The bag of 'weed' - The stereotypical gay couple (which isn't bad, but still....) - When Spencer was riding on the instructors back in iHave My Principals and they were moaning and Spencer was saying it was his 'first time' or whatever. So awkward. - The girls in Freddie's room (like you said, self explainatory.) I'm not a pervert or anything but I kind of like how it's getting more adult. I don't know why, but I would like it if the show was more teen-young adult oriented. But I know little kids watch the show, but screw them. ?
    I agree, I like when kids shows make adult refrences it gives you something extra to laugh at and it goes right over the little kids heads. And could be more teen-young adult oriented if it was on The N(Teen Nick).

chicamusica12

[86]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 13
    taillow22 wrote:

I started out absolutely hating this episode because of the drug reference (what in the world posessed the writers to do that?!) and the only thing that kept me watching is the fact that my brother had the remote. But thank gooooo-ssh (xD) he did, because this episode was seriously one of the best of the season.

Cons: The fact that SAM made SPENCER chase iCarly's first gay couple up the stairs (seriosuly, what is wrong with the writers this episode??) But that's pretty much it.

Pros: The fact that this episode was by far the edgiest of the entire series. It completely "goes there" with Carly's first vandalism and Spencer crawling out on the ledge. Completely held my attention throughout. 4/5 (sorry, drug reference was the only thing holding it back from the perfect 5)

Huh.Didn't notice that till now...

DarthFreeza

[87]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 23
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

.Weed (bag of asparagus)

I agree, I like when kids shows make adult refrences it gives you something extra to laugh at and it goes right over the little kids heads. And could be more teen-young adult oriented if it was on The N(Teen Nick).
    The adult references do make the show more enjoyable for adults in some ways. And I suppose the innuedo could continue as long as it doesn't escalate any furthur.

At this point it basically, as NatlieTV100 said, goes right over the young childrens's heads. As long as it stays that way but that adults/teens can catch the innuedo then this could work out nicely and better the show.

futuramarama

[88]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 37
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

.Weed (bag of asparagus)

The adult references do make the show more enjoyable for adults in some ways. And I suppose the innuedo could continue as long as it doesn't escalate any furthur. At this point it basically, as NatlieTV100 said, goes right over the young childrens's heads. As long as it stays that way but that adults/teens can catch the innuedo then this could work out nicely and better the show.

It's what made Spongebob popular for both kids and adults. It could make this show become more popular, maybe parents see their kids laughing and watching it and they soon become regular watchers

NatalieTV100

[89]Dec 1, 2009
    futuramarama wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    Aprilshakira wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:

.Weed (bag of asparagus)

The adult references do make the show more enjoyable for adults in some ways. And I suppose the innuedo could continue as long as it doesn't escalate any furthur. At this point it basically, as NatlieTV100 said, goes right over the young childrens's heads. As long as it stays that way but that adults/teens can catch the innuedo then this could work out nicely and better the show.

It's what made Spongebob popular for both kids and adults. It could make this show become more popular, maybe parents see their kids laughing and watching it and they soon become regular watchers

Yeah my mom watches iCarly, too(sometimes) and she likes the adult references. I remember watching Spongebob when I was alot younger and not getting all of the "adult" jokes but now when I look back I understand the humor.

fryman1701

[90]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    I think the 'studio audience' reactions to the 'bag of weed' were classic. the adult humor in this show is what makes it enjoyable for someone my age (31), and makes it rise above the herd of inane drivel normally aimed at tweens. This show has had extremely funny 'inappropriate' humor since it started, and if they ever cut back on it, I will most likely stop enjoying it

MEandChad4ever

[91]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 4

I didn't really understand all the 'adult references' in this episode. =(

I don't get what the big deal is with the girls in Freddie's apartment. He's always with Sam and Carly!

I didn't catch the weed thing either, cause I don't know what it looks like.

And what's wrong with Sam making Spencer chase the Petographers out the door?

Also, is it even possible to be pregnant for 11 months? lol

Edited on 12/02/2009 5:26pm

futuramarama

[92]Dec 2, 2009
    MEandChad4ever wrote:

I don't get what the big deal is with the girls in Freddie's apartment. He's always with Sam and Carly!

Yea but him on his own, in his OWN apartment, without his mother.

I didn't think about the weed thing but it's kinda obvious if you think about it.

I don't know the third thing

And the last one is probably strictly a joke

DPluver2012

[93]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    rofl to ell u the truth i didnt even notice the weed reference...i didnt even have a slight thought about it i just laughed xD

taillow22

[94]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 11
    futuramarama wrote:
    MEandChad4ever wrote:

Yea but him on his own, in his OWN apartment, without his mother.

I didn't think about the weed thing but it's kinda obvious if you think about it.

I don't know the third thing

And the last one is probably strictly a joke

Spencer chasing the petographers wasn't an adult joke. I didn't like that moment because we all know that Sam is way tougher than Spencer will ever be, and yet she just stayed at the bottom of the stairs screaming. That's why I didn't like that.

And the 11 month thing makes me laugh so hard because it IS impossible. That's the joke.

xxnovaxstarxx

[95]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 8
    I really liked this episode because as much as I do like shipping, it was a break from it and every ship can get along with this one. Mrs. Benson always makes me laugh with her crazy stuff. When Freddie brought Carly and Sam to his apartment, before Mrs. Benson walked in I was all, "haha freddie's alone with two girls in his own apartment" then she walks in and talks about being with them. That made me smile. It's like the writer's are just as immature-minded as middle and high schoolers, which makes it ten times more entertaining.

pixarprincess

[96]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 13
    I just watched the episode tonight- I didn't really get the whole "weed" reference so if someone can explain...
    I know. I sound like an idiot on this website.

KatelynBrissey

[97]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 4
    pixarprincess wrote:
    I just watched the episode tonight- I didn't really get the whole "weed" reference so if someone can explain...
    I know. I sound like an idiot on this website.

It's cool. Weed is green like asparagus, and weed is normally kept in baggies when sold. So, when Mrs. Benson said "would you like to explain the contents of this baggie?" It was like a parent asking a kid that smokes weed to explain the contents of the baggie. It's only in the next line that we find out it's asparagus unless you have a nice TV where you could tell what it was.

futuramarama

[98]Dec 5, 2009

pixarprincess wrote:
    I just watched the episode tonight- I didn't really get the whole "weed" reference so if someone can explain... I know. I sound like an idiot on this website.

Ha, I actually didn't know that was a weed reference until I cam to this thread. At least it's subtle of course

Girlygirl24

[99]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 28
    futuramarama wrote:

pixarprincess wrote:
    I just watched the episode tonight- I didn't really get the whole "weed" reference so if someone can explain... I know. I sound like an idiot on this website.

Ha, I actually didn't know that was a weed reference until I cam to this thread. At least it's subtle of course

haha me too

MusicAddictBabe

[100]Sep 9, 2010
    • level: 18
    I didn't either really until I really thought of it...and when I came on here.