We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iMeet Fred" Discussion

jjsthekid

[101]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 21
    Guys please, be nice. Ok to be honest, i never watched any of Fred's videos. ( Now i know im going to regret saying this but) Should i watch Fred's Videos? Because i kind of liked this episode. And it got me interested in Fred. But i still dont know if i should.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

random_PersonXD

[102]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 2

No offence to anyone who liked this episode, but this episode really pissed me off. I like Fred videos, I think they're okay and I sometimes watch his videos, but this episode was a total letdown.

I was excited about the episode, and I've been waiting for it . . But it really made me mad when Freddie expressed his opinion and everyone bashed him for it. I pretty much had the same opinion as he did. Okay. So if I told everyone what I think of Fred videos, everyone would nag me about it? It also made me angry when Fred said he quit on his video. That was pretty immature of him, and SPOILER he didn't even really quit END SPOILER. I write sometimes, and if someone said they didn't like my writing, I wouldn't quit. But, I guess I could understand, if Freddie has been Lucas' hero or something. Like Spencer in iHeart Art. The last reason . . Well, I'm not exactly mad. More like confused. The Fred video at the end . . Was that supposed to be funny? I found it . . Unfunny and weird. Just like this whole episode was to me.

The seddie moment I caught cheered me up, seeing as how I'm a fan of the Sam and Freddie pairing. But honestly, I had expected more from this episode.

I know we're talking about someone going overboard in his/her opinion, but I had to get this off my chest . . Everyone else I know seems to like this episode but me I don't know if I had too high expectation of this episode or what.

Fireofnature

[103]Feb 17, 2009
    • level: 13
    jjsthekid wrote:
    Guys please, be nice. Ok to be honest, i never watched any of Fred's videos. ( Now i know im going to regret saying this but) Should i watch Fred's Videos? Because i kind of liked this episode. And it got me interested in Fred. But i still dont know if i should.

Sure, if you want to, go ahead. Don't let anyone tell you whether you should or not. Me personally, I don't like Fred. I don't think they're funny, but that's me. You might like them, you're different from me, everyone's different. So if you want to check it out, go for it. If you don't, that's fine too

Fireofnature

[104]Feb 17, 2009
    random_PersonXD wrote:

No offence to anyone who liked this episode, but this episode really pissed me off. I like Fred videos, I think they're okay and I sometimes watch his videos, but this episode was a total letdown.

I was excited about the episode, and I've been waiting for it . . But it really made me mad when Freddie expressed his opinion and everyone bashed him for it. I pretty much had the same opinion as he did. Okay. So if I told everyone what I think of Fred videos, everyone would nag me about it? It also made me angry when Fred said he quit on his video. That was pretty immature of him, and SPOILER he didn't even really quit END SPOILER. I write sometimes, and if someone said they didn't like my writing, I wouldn't quit. But, I guess I could understand, if Freddie has been Lucas' hero or something. Like Spencer in iHeart Art. The last reason . . Well, I'm not exactly mad. More like confused. The Fred video at the end . . Was that supposed to be funny? I found it . . Unfunny and weird. Just like this whole episode was to me.

The seddie moment I caught cheered me up, seeing as how I'm a fan of the Sam and Freddie pairing. But honestly, I had expected more from this episode.

I know we're talking about someone going overboard in his/her opinion, but I had to get this off my chest . . Everyone else I know seems to like this episode but me I don't know if I had too high expectation of this episode or what.

Nah, I agree with every word you said. I basically found this episode wierd and a bit unsettling.

goodgirl528

[105]Feb 18, 2009
    I'm stating my opinion, and that guy should not get mad because of me doing so. But, if he does get mad then he should back off iCarly.

Fireofnature

[106]Feb 18, 2009
    goodgirl528 wrote:
    I'm stating my opinion, and that guy should not get mad because of me doing so. But, if he does get mad then he should back off iCarly.

Hmm, aren't you the one that spoke of Danny Phantom? I agree, I think DP is kind of lame in a sense, though last time I said I didn't like a show, someone got a LITTLE over-defensive. I don't think anyone will or has gotten mad at you about stating that, however, Danny Phantom's off topic for this and not really iCarly related...thus, you might watch out for Andrea. Heh, sometimes I think I'm the only person that actually respects or likes her in any way...it's odd, I see nothing wrong with how she handles situations. Maybe a little strict and tense at times, but it's her job, and everyone has those times. No one should jump onto her because of that. I say anyone that does is a hypocrite.

Back to Fred, not the GREATEST episode. In my opinion it WAS, however, better than the Archuleta one. That was just boring and kind of dry. Fred was just awkward, weird and a bit unrealistic. I don't know any school where the entire school will turn against and physically harm someone simply for stating his or her opinion. Depending on the gravity of it. I don't think Freddie's opinion was actually a high enough level that would normally turn the school against him.

goodgirl528

[107]Feb 18, 2009
    Fireofnature wrote:
    goodgirl528 wrote:
    Hmm, aren't you the one that spoke of Danny Phantom? I agree, I think DP is kind of lame in a sense, though last time I said I didn't like a show, someone got a LITTLE over-defensive. I don't think anyone will or has gotten mad at you about stating that, however, Danny Phantom's off topic for this and not really iCarly related...thus, you might watch out for Andrea. Heh, sometimes I think I'm the only person that actually respects or likes her in any way...it's odd, I see nothing wrong with how she handles situations. Maybe a little strict and tense at times, but it's her job, and everyone has those times. No one should jump onto her because of that. I say anyone that does is a hypocrite. Back to Fred, not the GREATEST episode. In my opinion it WAS, however, better than the Archuleta one. That was just boring and kind of dry. Fred was just awkward, weird and a bit unrealistic. I don't know any school where the entire school will turn against and physically harm someone simply for stating his or her opinion. Depending on the gravity of it. I don't think Freddie's opinion was actually a high enough level that would normally turn the school against him.
    yeah that was a little unrealistic, but maybe theyre just die hard fans

Fireofnature

[108]Feb 18, 2009
    goodgirl528 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:
    goodgirl528 wrote:
    Hmm, aren't you the one that spoke of Danny Phantom? I agree, I think DP is kind of lame in a sense, though last time I said I didn't like a show, someone got a LITTLE over-defensive. I don't think anyone will or has gotten mad at you about stating that, however, Danny Phantom's off topic for this and not really iCarly related...thus, you might watch out for Andrea. Heh, sometimes I think I'm the only person that actually respects or likes her in any way...it's odd, I see nothing wrong with how she handles situations. Maybe a little strict and tense at times, but it's her job, and everyone has those times. No one should jump onto her because of that. I say anyone that does is a hypocrite. Back to Fred, not the GREATEST episode. In my opinion it WAS, however, better than the Archuleta one. That was just boring and kind of dry. Fred was just awkward, weird and a bit unrealistic. I don't know any school where the entire school will turn against and physically harm someone simply for stating his or her opinion. Depending on the gravity of it. I don't think Freddie's opinion was actually a high enough level that would normally turn the school against him.

*raises eyebrow* Understandable if die hard fans are in the school, but...uh, the ENTIRE school? I don't think so, lol. That wasn't exactly the only unrealistic thing I've seen. You know, Fred's videos on youtube have a LOT worse comments than "videos aren't funny." So that's a bit unrealistic for Fred to get offended by Freddie's statement, which I actually agree with. I'm just kind of creeped out by him.

LordBreadCheese

[109]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 5
    Fireofnature wrote:
    goodgirl528 wrote:
    Fireofnature wrote:
    goodgirl528 wrote:

*raises eyebrow* Understandable if die hard fans are in the school, but...uh, the ENTIRE school? I don't think so, lol. That wasn't exactly the only unrealistic thing I've seen. You know, Fred's videos on youtube have a LOT worse comments than "videos aren't funny." So that's a bit unrealistic for Fred to get offended by Freddie's statement, which I actually agree with. I'm just kind of creeped out by him.

Well Fred said he wouldn't make videos, and he said it in his real voice, so that convinced his hundreds of thousands of supporters to wage war on Freddie.

They say you automatically love Fred or hate him. This proves true in the fact that the episode's reviews are all either 10 or 1.

taillow22

[110]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 11

Wow... lot of arguing going on.... this episode was good. There, I said it. I enjoyed it. I thought that the video at the end was incredibly weird, incredibly funny. I do not wish to start another arguement with this reply, which seems to be the fad on this board.

kikimarie593

[111]Feb 18, 2009
    • level: 27

^Don't worry, I think all the arguing is done. If you look back at the past few pages you'll see that all of the rude posts have been deleted.

Anyway, as much as I love Fred, I've gotta say this episode really wasn't that great. I do agree though that it was better then iRocked the Vote. The highlight of this episode was probably the video at the end. I love the face Fred made in the pool when he held up the spaghetti and said "What if these were Kevin's intestines." That part was hilarious! But like I said before, I hated the whole magic meatball thing. I guess I would have to give this episode a 5 or 6 out of 10.

AndreaMSkate

[112]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 49
    Keep it civil, folks, or I will have to close this thread. Not everyone has to love Fred. I don't like him. Now just accept that not everyone is going to have the same opinion.

goodgirl528

[113]Feb 19, 2009
    It was defenitaly better than I rocked the vote, but i would give it a 7 because it was extremly unrealistic and not a very good plot. Also I like Fred, so my dislike of Fred has nothing to do with it. To me, it just wasent a very good episode.

SarcasticLeaves

[114]Feb 19, 2009
    • level: 6
    AndreaMSkate wrote:
    Keep it civil, folks, or I will have to close this thread. Not everyone has to love Fred. I don't like him. Now just accept that not everyone is going to have the same opinion.

Which ironically was the point of the episode, wasn't it?

Kauaimon

[116]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 16
    SarcasticLeaves wrote:
    AndreaMSkate wrote:

Which ironically was the point of the episode, wasn't it?
    Which shows that we don't actually learn any morals from tv's.

I saw that fred guy before. He's okay, this episode is pretty cool.

tvfan95

[117]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 17
    kikimarie593 wrote:

^Don't worry, I think all the arguing is done. If you look back at the past few pages you'll see that all of the rude posts have been deleted.

Anyway, as much as I love Fred, I've gotta say this episode really wasn't that great. I do agree though that it was better then iRocked the Vote. The highlight of this episode was probably the video at the end. I love the face Fred made in the pool when he held up the spaghetti and said "What if these were Kevin's intestines." That part was hilarious! But like I said before, I hated the whole magic meatball thing. I guess I would have to give this episode a 5 or 6 out of 10.

Don't be happy my comments were deleted. I'm on the brink of being suspended for them (and c'mon, they weren't THAT bad.

I still hate this episode with an utter passion. Just in case you forgot that, but I don't wanna start another war.

Water78

[118]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 47
    tvfan95 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Don't be happy my comments were deleted. I'm on the brink of being suspended for them (and c'mon, they weren't THAT bad.

I still hate this episode with an utter passion. Just in case you forgot that, but I don't wanna start another war.

have to agree with tvfan's words. The show was bad but u dont have the right just to be angry at tvfan just because u thought other wise. It was tvfan's opinion nothing else. Be better if u look into it next time.

iCarly317

[119]Feb 20, 2009
    That's the thing. Saying their opinion was just fine. Its the WAY they said it that started this whole thing.

tvfan95

[120]Feb 20, 2009
    • level: 17
    iCarly317 wrote:
    That's the thing. Saying their opinion was just fine. Its the WAY they said it that started this whole thing.
    Hey I just listed my reasons for hating it and everyone went crazy. Let`s stop.